FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Mail Account woes

freelanceCMS
Hey guys,

I have a problem sending emails through my frihosting web server. The problem im not too sure of, i can receive the emails but whenever i try to send them from my email client (thunderbird) the server is not found.
Can someone shed some light as to why this is happening and possibly post a solution to it?

Cheers and Thanks in advance,
Nick
Animal
Ensure that all security is off (SSL, TLS - "on if available" will also break it, so it must be set to "off"). You can also use the server name as mail.frih.net - it will work the same as mail.yourdomain.frih.net

Also make sure that if you're using your main email address, the username will be your DA username. If you've created a new email address, the username will be user@yourdomain.frih.net

Finally, make sure Thunderbird is allowed access to the web - check your firewall. You should also note that some ISPs such as AOL intercept all SMTP (outgoing email) traffic in an attempt to stop spam, so this may also cause issues with your outgoing mail.

Hope this helps - please let us know if you're still having problems.
freelanceCMS
I keep getting this message:

Quote:
The message could not be sent because connecting to SMTP server:

mail[dot]planetfreelancecms[dot]frih[dot]net

failed. The server may be unavailable or is refusing SMTP connections. Please verify that your SMTP server setting is correct and try again, or else contact the administrator.

I have no idea, so if you could PM me the settings that you use for ur email client and the name of the software i will download that and attempt to use it for my planetfreelancecms account.

Cheers,
Nick
Animal
I personally use Mozilla Thunderbird. Try using mail.frih.net as the server name, with username@planetfreelancecms.frih.net as the login name. As long as you fully disable the security settings as I described above, the rest of the defaults should work. Bear in mind that it is a POP and SMTP server you are using, and not an IMAP server.
freelanceCMS
Animal wrote:
I personally use Mozilla Thunderbird. Try using mail.frih.net as the server name, with username@planetfreelancecms.frih.net as the login name. As long as you fully disable the security settings as I described above, the rest of the defaults should work. Bear in mind that it is a POP and SMTP server you are using, and not an IMAP server.

Rightyo, thanks mate problemo solved..
Animal
freelanceCMS wrote:
Rightyo, thanks mate problemo solved..

Excellent, glad I could help. I'll -close- this since it's been solved, but feel free to PM any member of the Frihost team if you want this topic re-opened.