FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

IT Infrastructure Monitoring & Management Services

Is SiteScope the best tool for IT Monitoring?
Yes
50%
 50%  [ 1 ]
No
50%
 50%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 2

viraj
Hi Forum!!

I am a new bee to this world of forums...

I thought why not we initate a topic on IT Monitoring & Management.

With many software giants like IBM, CA, HP and even Intel looking at is as a new happing, I though discussion on this issue will be great and informative.

So lets begin with SiteScope... A IT Monitoring softawre from Mercury (Now HP).

I have seen it... Its great but... There are many features like AutoDiscover and Maps which are not included in it..

Whats your comment?
crdowner
I have not used anything else to monitor systems so I can not really compare SiteScope to other offerings. It has worked well for the companies I have worked for. There are a few things that I do not like about SiteScope but that can be said by any product.

HP is supposedly making lots of changes/additions to SiteScope to better integrate it with their other systems software. Some people where I work think SiteScope will become HP's flagship monitoring product.
viraj
Ya it is so...

But I feel the web interface of SiteScope is much boring. It should have some good web interface with guages and meters as present in softwares like Sentry & OpManager. Even MOM is having better look as compared to SiteScope.

Also, the point based licensing of SiteScope is costly.

I have tried to install SiteScope on UBUNTU... It cant be installed. It can support only Red Hat this seems to be another failure for SiteScope.

Viraj