FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Grand Theft Auto 4

deemon
Has anybody heard that Grand Theft Auto 4 is coming for PlayStation 3 sometime in October?
I recenty checked gamespot and downloaded two trailers.
The graphics have improved but not upto the limits of PlayStation 3. I hoped better graphics for Grand Theft Auto 4 because the previous games ( Grand Theft Auto 3, Grand Theft Auto Vice City, and Grand Theft Auto San Andreas ) were quite similar with respect to graphics. And those games were in PlayStation 2 that is why they looked similar, but Grand Theft Auto 4 is for PlayStation 3 yet so similar to the previous games.
However, the trailers do not show the gameplay which I think might be alot better than the previous games.
Blu_Spykz
YEah, I've seen screenshots for the game, and whilst its slightly poor in comparison to games such as Resistance: Fall of Man, Motorstorm, C.O.D etc, it promises to be a fantastic game

Whether it'll live upto that remains to be seen. I will buy the game, I will play it, and, if I don't like it, I will be listing it on ebay.

I didn't like San Andreas, nor did I like Vice City Stories (though Liberty City Stories was ok...) but my favourite is still, for now, Vice City.
noobz
Yeah, it looked realy cool. hope they got a little bit better graphics this time..
Teddy1
I watched the HD trailer on gamespot, it looks awesome. I just wish i had a PS3/xbox360 to get it Laughing We'll see what happens, maybe some of you guys could post a user review when it comes out =). But yeah i heard it's coming out October 19th and that the xbox360 version will have 3 expansion packs making it 6 times the size of one of the previous Grand Theft Auto's, I think it was Vice City they said it would be 6 times the size of. The graphics have improved they look more realistic than before. That's just my opinion though.
ric05
I actually went in to reserve it at EB Games. They said the release for both consoles was in October. So I would go with that unless of course it gets delayed.
MJMX
What is the new Grand Theft Auto's name or is it just " " " 4 ? I hope the map isn't from U.S.A as usually. Anyway they have made many so many GTA's for diffrent platforms that i got bored. If i bought it I would buy it for pc, so i could use multiplayer either it comes with it /or have to be created by players like in San Andreas Very Happy
gtherockgod
MJMX wrote:
What is the new Grand Theft Auto's name or is it just " " " 4 ?

Its just Grand Theft Auto 4. Apparently Vice City and San Andreas dont count Razz

And chances are it will see some delays before release, most things do. Games, music, etc.
iNs@nE
GTA 4 is gonna be pwnge...!!
Octaeder
gtherockgod wrote:
MJMX wrote:
What is the new Grand Theft Auto's name or is it just " " " 4 ?

Its just Grand Theft Auto 4. Apparently Vice City and San Andreas dont count Razz

Yeah, GTA:VC and GTA:SA were both extensions to the story of 3. They built them from improved versions of the same engine.

GTA4 = New engine, new characters, newly designed Liberty City so it gets a new number.

As for the release date. They've come out and given it an exact date. Usually when high profile games are delayed it was when originally they were only given a vague idea of a date, a month or a quarter.

For such a high profile game, I'm fairly confident they can meet the deadline they've set.

Still, you never can quite tell.
Grahambel
my favorite gta vice city
Razziel
Grahambel wrote:
my favorite gta vice city

gta vice city rulz until now!
but i want to play gta 4...to bad it won't be for pc
NooBix
I read somewhere the human animations in GTA 4 are generated as you play.. so people dont die falling the same way as in vice city and SA. Im looking forward to that. Unfortunately i dont have a PS3. So ill have to wait for the pc version to come out. (hopefully they do) Confused
QrafTee
NooBix wrote:
I read somewhere the human animations in GTA 4 are generated as you play.. so people dont die falling the same way as in vice city and SA. Im looking forward to that. Unfortunately i dont have a PS3. So ill have to wait for the pc version to come out. (hopefully they do) Confused

Don't worry... they will... eventually. (the PC port question). But the same system is implemented in the new Indiana Jones game where people will die in various ways according to various elements so people always fall differently. It takes into account what's killing them, if they're near walls, cars, breakables, etc. and make the character act accordingly.