FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Transformers

cosmicx
Anyone here watched this movie before? It originated from a popular cartoon series, Transformers. The movie is cool and definitely worth of watching it.

For more information, check it out here

You can check it out in IMDB too Smile
twisthigh
I really wanna see it, because I love Shia Lebouf and Josh Duhamel, Megan Fox is.. o k a y??!! Anyways, I've never seen the series of the cartoon but the movie looks intense, I hope it does well at the box office.
ric05
I saw the movie on the 2nd. It was a great movie. It was amazing to see how they brought the robots to life. After the movie... Bubble Bee easily the best Transformer. Only bad thing I would say (not really bad) is it was a little long. 2hrs and 23min to be exact.
Trickster
I am really excited to see this movie, since I saw the trailer. I've never seen the cartoon movies of the transformers before, but the storyline and the effects in this movie looks really cool.

Btw if anyone is interested, here is the link to the trailer: http://www.apple.com/trailers/dreamworks/transformers/
(If you got good connection then choose the HD trailer as it really gives the little extra) Wink
roninmedia
I watched it when I came out. Michael Bay is not exactly the best director overall, but he is very good at using special effects, often to the detriment of the movie because he destroys the character developments. Seriously in Transformers, he tries to introduce Josh Duamel's wife and family and we learn nothing else about them. He tries to introduce you to a character and his background story and he does nothing else. Heck, I can't even remember any person's name except Sam.

But the special effects were cool and even though I am a vivid fan and have good memory of the show, I can deal with the changes for the almighty dollar that GM did to put their cars in the movie.
Zaini711
A nicely done movie that kept to the original material from the 70s TV series. Changes done (to keep to current situation) does not seriously alter Transformers spirit that we use to love as we grow from our 70s teen to mature man as we are now.

Thanks to the Special Effect (CGI and model), Transformers come alive right before our eyes. And yes, Bumblebees is the main underdog Autobot that is the most important Autobot to the team and not Optimus as some mioght believe. The movie keep it to the original spirit even though Optimus seem more powerful and is the leader of the team.

Watch the movie........
bluefossil
This movie really blew me away. I didn't go in with high hopes, But I was impressed. The CG was Great and the Story was done very well. The Pacing was great too. Very exciting, I don't think the pace slowed down in the movie at all. I was not a Shila Leb9393939? Fan Before but I think he played a Good Spike type Character. And Megan Fox. It's all in her name, She is Gorgeous and Was Very Very Very Nice to Look at. The Transformers Were Awesome, After I saw the movie I had to run out and grab the Barricade Figure. He is a Saleen Mustang in Police Colors. I'll be keeping an eye out for the Bumblebee Figures, The Old and New Camaro.

If You Haven't seen this Movie, I highly recommend doing so. Even if you didn't watch the cartoon, This movie is Highly Entertaining, If Nothing else.
tallicagallery
Cars become giant robots...How something like this could be bad??? I didn´t see yet but,but I thingk it´s very cool
asianwannabe999
Saw the movie last night. I was pretty disappointed. Michael Bay's actions scenes were never head on, easy to view the glorious fighting action. Instead, the camera kept swiveling and shifting angles and spinning around at close angles and therefore there really wasn't as much destruction and action as one would've hoped unfortunately. Furthermore, Bay was never known for plot development, and in this movie it was obvious that he did not divert from his usual gameplan. The actors were all very good, and humor was abundant, which was the only thing that really kept this movie alive. And of course the massive budget this movie had to work with and the fact that the movie is about Transformers, probably the coolest cartoons ever.
soulman
I've seem the movie, but except the 3D animation, the story is really disappionting....
gh0stface
I just got back from seeing this movie tonight and it was bad ass. I knew it was a Michael Bay film so I didn't have too high of an expectations. It's true what people say about Michael Bay about not being developing plot lines, but he didn't do too bad with this movie. I thought the plot was fine. You knew why they came to Earth and why they were after the All Spark.

I thought it got a little long towards the end. That was my main complaint.

The CGI was astounding. Absolutely astounding. There was only few scenes that you could really tell the CGI such as when Megatron carried one of the Autobots through the building wall.

I myself would probably give this movie a 9/10.

Probably one of the better summer movies yet, besides Knocked Up.
missdixy
Dear God, it was great.
I have seen it twice already. Very Happy
schmidi
great, i am really excited to see this movie the first time... the trailer is excitingly...
vitorpacheco
For me, Transformers is the most expected movie from 2007. Linkin Park has a track on the movie.
I love it!
fsal54
I want to see it as soon as possible Smile
asianwannabe999
Minutes to Midnight is a crappy album. And so is the placement of one of its tracks in the movie. It's not needed at all.
guissmo
Transformers is cool for a kid like me who doesn't have a clue about its history or series whatsoever.
RubySlasher
Leg-less Bumblebee was an epic scene, although the first few minutes of him cruising down the street was disappointing, because there were only cars and civilians, who apparently had NO idea that there were massive, ground shaking robots shooting off their guns and ripping up buildings on the next street.
What I thought was really cool, though, was when Optimus was fighting Bonecrusher (I think) on the highway. (All the Decepticons pretty much looked the same for some reason, probably because of the rushed designs for the toy line?) Anyways, the was sweet when Optimus just transformed out this hand blade and all knife-fought him. I thought it was pretty intense, anyways.
nhuabo
missdixy wrote:
Dear God, it was great.

I want to see it too,but haven't seen it once.
It is a great movie I think,I will see it as soon as possible.
missdixy
nhuabo wrote:
missdixy wrote:
Dear God, it was great.

I want to see it too,but haven't seen it once.
It is a great movie I think,I will see it as soon as possible.

I sort of saw it twice on accident (once with my brother, then forgot i had told my friend we'd go th next day so i went again.)
But it was totally worth it!
deStructuralized
Awesome movie, a perfect example of postmodern film.
bluefossil
My Third viewing was on the Giant Imax Screen. I think that it is better viewed on the regular screen or better yet the DLP Screens if Available. I actually have seen it on each screen. the Giant Screen is not an Imax Format so it's just the 35mm shots shown on the Imax screen set for 70mm film. It gets a little fuzzy. But the Sounds system is great. The Ground was shaking with the Action sequences.

I hop the Movie Comes out in Blue Ray so i can watch it in all its HD Glory at Home.
LumberJack
I thought it was a great movie. Awesome Smile
snowboardalliance
Just saw it today. I wasn't expecting much but I have to say that it was a pretty good movie.
Revvion
I was expecting another standart movie made from a hype, but it is really a good movie. there is a lot of humor in it and aldo the end is a bit to boring in my opinion the overal movie makes it great fun to watch.
legolovin
I haven't seen the movie yet. It seems like a "special effects thrill ride" and im not too fond of Shia LeBeouf.
greatfire
you should see it, its pretty good
molif
heard many good reviews and want to see it..
sondosia
I saw this movie a week ago and thought it was surprisingly good. I expected it to either suck or be so-so, but it was really interesting, if a bit corny at times. The characters were really good, though, and so were all the mildly scary and exciting parts.

~Mimzy
mattchun
The movie is hot even in China here!!!
Thug
Transformers is OWNING Harry Potter in the Box Offices haha! This is just Crazy.

TF all tha way beyotchhhhh. Seen this movie on the 5th and it was the best ive seen this year. Special Effects are mindblowing! This is gonna be the best movie from this year str8 up
Jeff_vella_leone
the movie really rocks here in malta a small island in the mediterreanean sea
everyone is so mad about it
cool ammasing movie
clydejaw
Transformers for the win!

They kinda over-did it with the "humor" part of the movie... apart from that, everything else was great!! FANTASTIC

I didn't expect to see so much humor, although it'll prolly be another one of those boring sci fi movies if it didn't rite? Gotta love the reaction when Optimus-f**ken-Prime showed up! ahhaahhaa.!! the audience was clapping with joy Very Happy!

The animation was pretty decent... the sound track was alrite.. altho.. linkin park wtf? No offence but yeah... -_-;; was quite disappointed.

- Clyde
Jeff_vella_leone
I LIKE LINKIN PARK Razz

for me it is a great movie
superb
xbcd
that movie was friggin awesome. but my friend is a transformers cartoon fan and he got pi**ed of that they did not use the frase autobots transform, and roll out. I told him suck it. i hate when people say they didn't like the movie and ruin my pleasure.
Jeff_vella_leone
xbcd wrote:
that movie was friggin awesome. but my friend is a transformers cartoon fan and he got pi**ed of that they did not use the frase autobots transform, and roll out. I told him suck it. i hate when people say they didn't like the movie and ruin my pleasure.

well personnally i like the movies i watched the cartoons of early when i was a kid
now im 20 and i berly ever watch cartoons yet i love to watch a movie of them
yet as allways in movies they have to cut something off the story because of the lenght of the movie
and sometimes they could even cut the best parts because it would become over expensive or for other reasons
yet for me il watch it the same
eday2010
When I heard about this movie a year or two ago, I was extremely excited and had high expectations to see my favourite cartoon characters modelled three dimensionally. As time passed, I heard about who would be in it as far as the Transformers. I was not at all impressed with the Decepticon list, but was pleased with the Autobot list. Then I heard what forms they'd be taking. This is when all my high hopes disappeared. I had wanted to see Optimus as a cab-over-engine truck like in the cartoon, and I wanted him to look like the robot from the cartoon. And Bumblebee being a Camaro instead of a Beetle? That was wrong on so many levels for me. They could have made him a new Beetle if they wanted newer vehicles.

Needless to say, my expectations were very low for this film. Being somewhat of a purist, I figured I would hate this movie. It turns out I really liked it. While I wasn't crazy about the forms most of the robots took (not being true to the original cartoon for the most part), it was really well done. I was surprised at how well Bumblebee worked as a Camaro. I didn't like their robot forms as much as I would have if they looked more like the cartoon, but I realize that probably wouldn't have worked very well in a movie that was supposed to be realistic.

The special effects were beyond anything ever done. At no point could you tell that the robots were placed on the screen in post production like you can with some movies. The movie is worth seeing just for the effects. The transformations look fantastic, and the original sound was even used; a couple times you could really hear it, and other times it was faint, but still there.

I think what made this move great for me as opposed to horrible was the fact they Peter Cullen was doing Optimus Prime's voice, just like in the original. Add 20 years to his voice, but he still sounded like Optimus. I think it is that aspect alone that made tipped the scale on how good I thought this movie was. Optimus was the only original voice for all the characters. I think it would have been great if he would have been allowed to do Ironhide's voice like in the old days, but I am happy with what I got; everyone else's voices very different. I also greatly appreciated all the subtle and not-so-subtle references to the original cartoon, mostly coming in the form of dialogue lines.

Needless to say, it was a very enjoyable two and a half hours. Anyone who was a fan of the cartoon, or is a fan of big movies with lots of destruction and stuff blowing up, or both, should see this film. I found the plot to be good for this kind of movie, although the reviews have said the plot is almost not there. I guess it depends on whether you watched to old shows.

Despite the shortcomings of the Decepticon lineup, I give it 3.5 out of 5 based mostly on the utter coolness of the movie and the special effects. I can't wait for the sequel, which will hopefully have the Dinobots like I read it might...as long as they keep Grimlock's speech the same Very Happy
rodrigoz17
Is a great movie exelent effects. nothing to say i hope soon appeare a new version xD
lethaltriad
I loved this movie, I was a lil skeptical at first when I saw the previews but was blown away when I watched it. Special effects were awesome and it kepy my adrenline pumping all the way through. I followed Transformers from when I was a kid and loved every bit of this movie that I had to watch it twice. It still showing here so i'll try to watch it again lol.
poly
Wow I m really excited for this movie and I ll watch it soon! The whole idea seems pretty cool, but all the products and commercials built up around this movie kind of annoy me.
medievalman26
It was awesome. I think it was better than most people thought it would be.
Jeff_vella_leone
rodrigoz17 wrote:
Is a great movie excellent effects. nothing to say i hope soon appeare a new version xD

a new version?
i doubt that
because the movie ended like a live happily ever after
varun_dodla
I have heard from friends that this one is too good....going to give it a shot very soon.....
Jeff_vella_leone
varun_dodla wrote:
I have heard from friends that this one is too good....going to give it a shot very soon.....
well its a good movie but fans give it too much of credit i think
for me spider man 2 rocked much more
bluefossil
They decided to start writing the second movie before this one came out in theatres.

SO I can't wait for the next one. I'm thinking they can add a whole lot more transformers since they sent out the beacon call tell everyone where they are. And I hope Barricade and Starscream get bigger parts in it.
Rebel
what can i say woow movie
nhuabo
missdixy wrote:
Dear God, it was great.

I also think it is great and seen many times I don't know the number exactly.
I think the movie is cool,I don't know how to describe that kind of feeing when I saw it .
Everybody shoud see it,it is worth seeing .
I am still waiting for the sequel, Megatron relive ...
noisette
Great movie, great special effects. Some parts are little bit stupid, which can be understood that it's a commercial movie anyway. But it did make you recall your childhood, didnt it.

Here's a interesting clip from youtube: The Real Transformershttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akNJ6S2UqsE
Jeff_vella_leone
noisette wrote:
Great movie, great special effects. Some parts are little bit stupid, which can be understood that it's a commercial movie anyway. But it did make you recall your childhood, didnt it.

Here's a interesting clip from youtube: The Real Transformershttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akNJ6S2UqsE

cool the last one was very cool indeed
mattchun
I'm going to see the movie for a third time, lol.
Fariza
THIS MOVIE OWNS!!! Watches it at the cinema its tooo good!!!!!

im optimus - prime mwhahahha!
linangan
I got to watch Transformers, and the viewing experience is totally incredible. Seeing these robots coming to life, and transform from cars/jet fighter/helicopter into realistic and metallic robots, there is nothing a man can ask for. Besides the excitement, the movie brings back a lot of memories. I remember the transformer toys that I used to own and play, and also the unforgettable theme song, and of course the sound during the transformation that as a child I used to imitate with my mouth. These robots were basically a part of my childhood. (possible spoilers follow)

Personally, I think the movie is well made, and the excellent supporting casts added appropriate amount of humor to make it even better. Anthony Anderson is so funny. His acting in the interrogation room is a gem. I laughed so hard in the movie theater. John Turturro is great too, especially when he revealed his superman-like underwear, it was hilarious. What can I say about Megan Fox other than that she is hot. She looks good and sexy in every scene in the movie.

By the way, before the movie I got to see the teaser of the mysterious untitled J.J. Abrams project. The teaser seems to be filmed with a home video recorder, which added extra suspense and horror to it. It started with a farewell party of a guy, then it looks like an earthquake occurred, and then a huge explosion took place in the center of the town. Afterwards, debris and fragments of statue started to fall from the sky. At the end of the teaser, no title is release. My immediate guess was a remake of Godzilla, but of course that’s just my speculation. What do you think it is?

Getting back to Transformers, I highly recommend it. Watch it, you won’t regret it, definitely a movie worth watching in the theater. While watching it, try to be a kid again.