FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Help Me With A Name. FRIH$ to ALL Submissions. closed

Ratman2050
I am making a new website but cannot think of a name.

OFFER CLOSED.

So come up with some ideas the prices are as follows:

Each Submission: 20 FRIH$
5 Submissions: 40 FRIH$
Winner: 150 FRIH$

So please, please, participate.
The World is Yours
How about "TechSpace" or "TechNetwork".

"GeekSpace"

"devtalk"

If it's based on open-source then you could call it "Open-space"

or since you are gonna be hosting a place for developer's, you could call it the "devhostnetwork"

I'm racking my brain here trying to help Wink
Ratman2050
thanks for those creative names. I need more though!
runereference
here is what i came up with

dev marketplace
dev workplace
market nerd
geekdevmarketplace
geekmart
geekmarket
nerdcommunity
nerdnews
nerdgap
nerdmap
nerdscout marketplace "where all the best nerds go"
social devs

slogans(LOL)
-were nerds are social
-dont worry,your not the only nerd, come find out, meet other nerds, code masterpieces.
-for more than just nerds

i hope atlest one of them is ok
Ratmaster
I have a few domains for sale that might be good for this idea. YOURADD.info, ONLINEIDIOT.info, and OURLINK.info. I don't really think that I need payment for ideas since I am auctioning these. You can be more in detail (you are in very high detail now though, just a little more info) and I can send you a free list of domains that can be purchased that are not in use.
Ratman2050
Lol, I am buying a custom domain .com. Thanks for the offer Ratmaster.
Ratmaster
Ratman2050 wrote:
Lol, I am buying a custom domain .com. Thanks for the offer Ratmaster.
No problem, just PM me any more suggestions you get that you like and I will search for names that are exact, near exact, or that are related to the name, or if you like a name exactly or close, I can try to find a .org, .biz, .net, etc. whatever you want.
Hammy
Devtorium

MyNetwork

NVU - Not Very Useful.

Cryptic Web

DevelopeThis

M-a-d.. Mad About Developing

Raw-Code

Network Me

MyCom

My Bright Ideas -- MBI

Pocket-It -- Pocket Information Technology.

Cant think of anymore, My advice tho would be to go or any one that sticks out in ur mind tho most. Take a look at all of them.. Wait a week, if u can still remember one, maybe thats the one u should go for? Remember that the stupidest ones are probably best cuz people will remember them.

Hammy.
Azmo
My only suggestion would be ITech, or I-tech (inteligent technology)

or V-tech (virtual technology)
Dalv87
Nerd  (nerdspace like myspace) or YourNerdNet? (Or StopTheB.org, but that's even more terrible).
nivinjoy
I thought for a while as per the conditions,features,categories and clues that you have given.Some of the names that i could figure out are given below.Anyway i dont assure you that you may like all those.
1)The Techie Space(TTS)
2)Nerd'z Den
3)Net Fantasy Space (NFS)
4)Nerd On Net (NON)
5)Geek Net
6)Tech World
7)Tech Net
8)Techie's Den
9)Find Out On Line Nerds(FOOL NERDS)
10)Dedicated Open Space (DOS)
11)e-Tech
12)Unlimited Forum Online(UFO)
13)Marketing Advertising & Developing MAD)
14)NEt Operations Network(NEON)
and at last.....
15)Forum Reviews & Information Hosting (FRIH)
These are the names i can suggest...Please give me the FRIH$ as per the condition you have promised.
endless
nerdblog
marketnerd Very Happy
Tumbleweed
GNeek
romaop
I read some of the names and, on one hand, they sounded quite equal and boring. But, on the other hand, sounded sober, which is good.
Anyway, the best solution seems to be something between sober and different.
I thought in GeekFestival as a place where geeks will show their expertise.

Another idea:
Geek is a small and strong word. Why not to use it? Just need to find words for G E E K.
Perhaps: Gee Code --> Gee Kode

So, resuming:

www.geekfestival.com

or

www.geekode.com

Do these names already exist?
After typing those, the first one exists, but not the 2nd.

My suggestion:
www.geekode.com
romaop
After some after analysis I think this name has some good and/or controversial features:
- it might sound childish (gee). Is it good or bad to sound childish? If it's controversial it might be a good choice.
- The word gee invokes an astonishment. Something different and brilliant on the net?
- The name is small and simple
- The k for code is right in the middle and can be emphasized on design. Something like geeKode. Using K instead of c also helps emphasizing it. The center of it all is the Kode.
- This looks like to be a very elastic name because you have geeKode, but also GEEKode and G3EKode (using E inverted idea). For design variety it's quite good.
romaop
After some after analysis I think this name has some good and/or controversial features:
- it might sound childish (gee). Is it good or bad to sound childish? If it's controversial it might be a good choice.
- The word gee invokes an astonishment. Something different and brilliant on the net?
- The name is small and simple
- The k for code is right in the middle and can be emphasized on design. Something like geeKode. Using K instead of c also helps emphasizing it. The center of it all is the Kode.
- This looks like to be a very elastic name because you have geeKode, but also GEEKode and G3EKode (using E inverted idea). For design variety it's quite good.
romaop
Geekode can be a good solution. It will depend mostly on the code. If the content is inaccurate and clumsy then gee will be definitely childish. Or, in other words: GEEKode - a code that lies
The site must have good content at start. Otherwise, people will visit it and drop it down.
Ratman2050
Thanks for all the submissions, I thought of a name and this contest is over thanks.
IceCreamTruck
Please, register the domain and then let us know what it is. This topic was interesting to me so I read the whole thing in order to not "top-post" or to step on anyone's toes with the same idea, but you just ended the contest and didn't let us know what name you had decided to go with.

I contest that this is unfair to all those who have submitted ideas as they would like to know if you choose one of their ideas or not.

Please, post again to this topic and let us know what you choose as your domain name for this awesome techie website, and take a little free advertising while you are at it.
gerpg
how about:

eXpress

its a site where you can express yourself, talk freely on a forum and the logo kinda makes itself (big X)

lol, this was my initial thought,

Louis.
Tumbleweed
Comp is over...............any chance of the 20 FRIH$ promised ?
Ratman2050
Okay the contest is over.

Here is the domain:

http://www.thedevnetwork.com

thanks for all your replies but not really what I was looking for.
mathiaus
-close-