FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Invasive Spyware/adware

Tony The Tiger
I have a Hewlett-Packard Pavillion DV9000T laptop with Windows Vista (Home Premium I believe) operating system. I browse the internet in Firefox 2.0.0.4. For the last few days I have noticed that at random times a ringtone advertising website (http://jumps.tunes4tones.com/index.html?refer=1278354&affid=0) opens a new tab in my browser without any knowing prompt by me. I am trying to identitify this spyware and remove it. Is anyone familiar with it? It is annoying. It also is scary to have such software on my system. I need help/advice on getting rid of this software.
why6487
I would try and Google the URL.

EDIT: This may be a clue:

Quote:
Traffix Inc.
1 Blue Hill Plaza
Pearl River, NY
US

Phone: +1 845 620 1212
domainadmin [at] traffixinc.com

United States 64.2%

Creation date: 14 Mar 2006 01:36:02
Expiration date: 14 Mar 2008 00:36:02

"The recording contained here in is not the original recording by the original artist. Artists' names are included for reference only. Songs used with permission. All rights reserved."

Freeringtonesnow.com
Rockinringers.com
orcaz
Install an antivirus or use a free antimalware should be able to solve the problem...
why6487
Tony The Tiger wrote:
I have a Hewlett-Packard Pavillion DV9000T laptop with Windows Vista (Home Premium I believe) operating system. I browse the internet in Firefox 2.0.0.4. For the last few days I have noticed that at random times a ringtone advertising website (http://jumps.tunes4tones.com/index.html?refer=1278354&affid=0) opens a new tab in my browser without any knowing prompt by me. I am trying to identitify this spyware and remove it. Is anyone familiar with it? It is annoying. It also is scary to have such software on my system. I need help/advice on getting rid of this software.

You can download S&D, Ad-Aware and NOD32 and scan your laptop with them. Post the log file they make here and I will examine your spyware.
Tony The Tiger
why6487 wrote:
Tony The Tiger wrote:

You can download S&D, Ad-Aware and NOD32 and scan your laptop with them. Post the log file they make here and I will examine your spyware.

The Ad-Aware log file is 24 critical objects. It is very lengthy. Email me an email address to send the file to.
Tony The Tiger
P.S. All 24 are classified as Data Miners and I removed them using the Ad-aware software.
why6487
Tony The Tiger wrote:
P.S. All 24 are classified as Data Miners and I removed them using the Ad-aware software.

Now try Spybot Search and Destory. Just google it and install it and disinfect your computer. Post the log in the S&D fourms with a HijackThis log in the Malware Removal section. (I can make a account for, send a PM to me with your user name, password, birth date and e-mail. I will use this info to create your account there. After that activace your account and make a new thread in the Malware Removal thread.)
Tony The Tiger
why6487 wrote:
Tony The Tiger wrote:

Now try Spybot Search and Destory. Just google it and install it and disinfect your computer. Post the log in the S&D fourms with a HijackThis log in the Malware Removal section. (I can make a account for, send a PM to me with your user name, password, birth date and e-mail. I will use this info to create your account there. After that activace your account and make a new thread in the Malware Removal thread.)

I think a lot of my performance issues have stemmed from hibernating instead of restarting my computer. My performance seems adaquate right now. Also, I am not sure if I want to give you all the info you are asking me for.