FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

what is vista like?

Roadkill
what is vista like because i was going to buy it when i got my new computer but wondered if i should wqaste the extra money should i?
why6487
Roadkill wrote:
what is vista like because i was going to buy it when i got my new computer but wondered if i should wqaste the extra money should i?

Vista is a good OS. I just never tried it!
mehulved
I am not a vista user but from what I have heard, wait for a while more before buying it.
Also, depends on what kind of use you have and what do you want & expect of Vista.
And also on your hardware configuration.
asianwannabe999
I dual boot vista ult/xp pro. So far in my experience, vista has proved far more stable in terms of the number of times software crashes, explorer dying, or random ram/cpu spiking. Security features are very evident, as every move you make you are confronted by messages asking if you are sure. Visually, vista dominates xp with its aero glass theme and rotating 3d-window views. You'll want to stay with xp pro if have integrated graphics most likely, or anything less than 1.5gb of ram. Gaming framerates drop slightly in GRAW and CC3 for me in vista compared to xp, however, if I switch out my 88gts to my 7950gtx, the difference is greater. I do audio and image editing a great deal, and rendering/encoding times are essentially the same, so no problem there. Vista is just a necessarily bloated version of xp, with better security, grpahics, and software stability. Ram upgrades are a must, and in my case, I've found that 3.5gb is not enough for my purposes in vista, so I switched to vista x64, and upgrade my ram some more. Vista essentially forces everyone to switch to the 64bit edition, just because of ram requirements.
Animal
http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-6758.html

Please search before posting, and use the "Operating Systems" forum when talking about operating systems.

-close-