FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

20 frih$ for good Ideas

The World is Yours
Hello everyone, I am looking for ideas on good incentive for people to post (like frihost). What are some things I could offer that would be worth trading in points for?

EDIT: Come on guys, someone please help me think.
The World is Yours
Quote:
Do you want to earn money?

No, I have my own forums, and need incentives to get people to post.
GSIS
Good ideas might depend on the current subject matter of your forums (e.g.: offering a steak and chips meal voucher would be no good on a vegetarian forum).

If you give us links to your forums we might be able to come up with some ideas that will attract more subscribers.
The World is Yours
That's a good idea, i guess I could have given a link my original post Brick wall . Anyways, here is a link to the forums (it's bare because i just opened it, and would like to set it up before it attracts many visitor's) http://www.theworldisyours.frih.net/forum/ You are welcome to join and post if you would like Wink
regards
The most important thing is that your forum needs more pictures. Pictures and colorful designs make one more initiative to visit your forum repaidly.
On the other hand, I think some digital resources help a forum/website, especially those were copyright. Free copyright resources(either legal or illegal) can strongly help a forum to develop its visitors, as long as those materials are FREE. But as you know, this act takes risk, and it depends on you take the risk, or you want zero visitors. Rolling Eyes .......

P.S. I saw one forum having a 5000% increase in terms of visitors after offer FREE illegal copyrighted materials Idea Enjoy Exclamation Exclamation

Wink Regards
pollux1er
GSIS wrote:
Good ideas might depend on the current subject matter of your forums (e.g.: offering a steak and chips meal voucher would be no good on a vegetarian forum).

If you give us links to your forums we might be able to come up with some ideas that will attract more subscribers.

That 2 ideas you've already received are good i think. They deserved to be congratulated.

What i can advise you is to invite a lot of people to come to your forum so that your forum does not miss a least subject. Dont moit a topic...

good continuation!
Wink
The World is Yours
pollux1er wrote:
GSIS wrote:

That 2 ideas you've already received are good i think. They deserved to be congratulated.

What i can advise you is to invite a lot of people to come to your forum so that your forum does not miss a least subject. Dont moit a topic...

good continuation!
Wink

I'm sorry but I must have missed the two ideas you are talking about. I asked for things to offer for points, and i got an idea to break the frihost TOS, and How to make the forums look better. So if you could please point out where anyone mentioned something in relevant to the question, I will gladly pay. As a matter of fact here is a discussion of someone gave me a bunch of ideas that, I already had and I paid him 50 frih$ anyways: http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-76342.html&highlight=.

I do appreciate everyone's replies, and hope that this helps to clear up what I am asking.
GSIS
The 64,000$ question.

"How do I launch a product that few people know about?"

This is the sales and marketing question everyone who has a new product is desperate to answer.

Well, in reality I don't know for sure. I have 'gut feelings' but I've tried a few times and nothing I've done has been successful! A lot of perseverance is needed.

So (all IMHO, of course) -

Branding

You need to give your forum a clear and unmistakeable identity. Something people recognise and feel comfortable with. What works for one group may not, necessarily, work for another so you need to decide the type of people you're targeting, find out what tickles their pickle, and provide it.

Uniqueness

Provide something that is different, fresh and inspiring. I can go to 1,000 or more places to find out about XHTML, HTML, CSS, JAVA, whatever.

Content

Good content is what will get you search engine rankings. Good search engine rankings will bring in the punters. Provide off-forum pages giving advice, links, open-source/royalty-free/copyright-free downloads and examples. Keep it dynamic. Never stop adding to it. Always ask for recommendations.

Fun

Provide a games area. Provide a 'water-cooler' area. You'll be surprised how many problems, in a real programming department, are solved at the water-cooler!

Contributors

Visit as many relevant forums, news groups and blogs as you can. Make contributions to those places. Don't spam them - you want a good reputation! Make sure your sig always contains a link to your forum. If people respect your contribution they'll take a look, and maybe even stay.

Example

Here's an example of what I would consider to be a superb site/forum. I have tremendous respect for the owner. It's fair to say that this is an inspirational site. You'll need to create an account to get into the forum.

Touching Minds
The World is Yours
Ok, I give up, I guess my english isn't very good (although it's the only language I speak) so I will pay each of you 20 frih$ even though you haven't answered my question.

FOR FUTURE POSTS: FRIHOST HAS A POINT SYSTEM AND A FRIH$ SYSTEM TO ENCOURAGE USER'S TO POST. I CAN'T OFFER WEBHOSTING TO TRADE IN POINTS. IF YOU HAVE AN IDEA OF SOMETHING THAT I COULD OFFER FOR POINTS ON MY FORUM.

I AM NOT LOOKING FOR IDEAS TO PROMOTE MY FORUM!!! I AM TRYING TO WORK OUT ALL OF THE DETAILS BEFORE I ATTRACT TO MANY VISITOR'S.
mynameis
ok what are your forums about??? I looked and all I saw was a phpbb logo and a set of programming forums... Give the forums a layout and promote your forums by making a site just few pages to go with it with some of your programs/apps. I seriously dought that you know all of those languages. And finally programming languages are not the most exciting thing to discuss focus on making programs/games or whatever you make, programming is just the process the result is what you talk about. If people do want to talk about programming languages its usually for help/tips or advice.

I think you should make a program that people would use because it saves them time or really useful like some sort of RSS reader thats not really distracting or ugly. Theres loads of ideas that i'm sure you can think of. Thats if you can code and know these languages. Smile
GSIS
Doh! My bad.

I understand the problem about not being able to offer hosting.

I'll sleep on this - if I think of anything I'll let you know in the morning.

UK -BST - I'll be back in about 8 hours, hopefully with an idea or two!
The World is Yours
mynameis wrote:
ok what are your forums about??? I looked and all I saw was a phpbb logo and a set of programming forums... Give the forums a layout and promote your forums by making a site just few pages to go with it with some of your programs/apps. I seriously dought that you know all of those languages. And finally programming languages are not the most exciting thing to discuss focus on making programs/games or whatever you make, programming is just the process the result is what you talk about. If people do want to talk about programming languages its usually for help/tips or advice.

I think you should make a program that people would use because it saves them time or really useful like some sort of RSS reader thats not really distracting or ugly. Theres loads of ideas that i'm sure you can think of. Thats if you can code and know these languages. Smile

I am not going to offer "programming requests", although it is going to be for help if needed. Actually, I only put languages up that I know. So sorry to disappoint you, I may not have a master's degree in any of them but I am way past "Hello World" on each of them!

Quote:
Doh! My bad.

I understand the problem about not being able to offer hosting.

I'll sleep on this - if I think of anything I'll let you know in the morning.

UK -BST - I'll be back in about 8 hours, hopefully with an idea or two!

Thank you, just please pm me, I am going to have the post closed. For all of you that do actually read all the posts, I will not reply to anymore suggestions. I am sorry but this post went completely the wrong way, and i am going to try to forget ever posting this!!!! Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall
Vrythramax
Topic -closed- by authors request.