FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Would you consider this fast?

Srs2388
Would you guys consider my results on the speed test fast?
Just curious... I have 1.5MB internet and I am also curious if it is
'up to speed'
Hobbit
Not really, cough.
rvec
i think Someone is downloading something on this network :S

Edit: a bit faster now:

should be 6k/750
darrenpaul
Its fast enough if your just using the internet for your everyday items
Loghete
Woo woo I've got the fastest yet:

And then I were using a server in a another country.
mathiaus
This seems a little spammy but ...

Donations for an upgrade welcome Razz
scotty

I'm not very happy with my 8mbps/256kbps service...

I want to see someone with ADSL2+ going 10mbps or faster! Especially if they live about 3km from their exchange because I'm thinking of changing ISP.
hofodomo01
eh, i have standard roadrunner service...it gives me around 500-ish mbps....fast enough for anything i really use it for, though my router firewall can sometimes be annoying in trying to use stuff like bitcomet....
ocalhoun
hofodomo01 wrote:
500-ish mbps.

500 MBPS!!! Shocked
I gotta get me some of that roadrunner internet!
Wow! Just think about it: 5x as fast as ethernet!
Not bad considering a T1 is 1.5 mbps...
scotty
hofodomo01 wrote:
500-ish mbps....

um typo???

I wish I had 500 Mbits/s that would be really cool!

500 kbps
achowles

It's no surprise to me that my upload speed sucks. :<
HDirtwater
Roadrunner is pretty good indeed. I've had it for a while, and can't complain at all.

CMA
Did I win? Wink

why6487
Look at this:

And this:

Seens slow when I upload to Alanta and San Jose and download from San Jose, right?
EDIT:
Now in "Mejco!"

and Canada:

and Pakstain:

and Malaysia:

and Chile:

Some of the extras were the ones that my ISP sucks!
ashish2005
You all have a really fast internet connection. Mine is pretty slow (Even loading that internet speed tester took a long time). I knew that my internet connection was slow even before I took the test but I wanted to know how slow it was.

When I try with the closest server of Lahore, Pakistan to my location Nepal I get this result.

I would really be satisfied if my internet speed was as fast as the above one for sites located all over the world. But I do not know any sites which I open which is located in pakistan.

So then I tried with a server in New York, assuming that most of the sites are located in the US and this is the reply I got.

The reply I got was still good enough for me but when I browse the internet it does not seem that my download are 47 kbps. When I download files the rate of download is about 4-10 kbps most of the time.

You all should be very happy with your net speed and I would be very happy if my connection was only about 10% of what you all have.
Vrythramax
Considering I am still working with a 56k dialup....I am exceedingly jealous of you all, and your complaints hurt. Crying or Very sad
rightclickscott

Good enough for me. It was at 3333 for a while before it changed to 3335. That would have been awesome...

But still, I'm the only here with a 4 digit upload speed. I should get an award or something.
ocalhoun

We have a new winner, I'm afraid.
I love access to a shared T1!

Also, this is starting to get a bit spammy methinks.
Jaan
If this was 2 weeks ago, I would've had the fastest. I had adsl2+ in Australia, so 24mbps/1mbps up.
However I'm back in Canada with 6mb down.
Vrythramax
oh just shoot me now Smile

ThornsOfSorrow
Hmm...my download speed seems to vary.

Here's my first result:

And then the second:
ramur
from where i can istall this speed test software?
m-productions
Sadly we have NO cable lines out here, and the phone lines are to old for dsl, so we are stuck with sattilite internet, which bits in so many ways, the main way.. is the download limit, only 375 mgs (and we using the top of the line plane) if we go over that limit in a day, we drop to lower than 56k

the worst part of it, is my lag, LOOK AT THAT!!!, 56k is better than that!!

edit: using a location it says is closer

Edit 2: and i dont think this is spammy, i kind of like seeing these, i find it interesting.
[FuN]goku

though this is when my dads got his downloads going -_- but anywho... the place where my friend works has direct pipes from 2 isp's so its like a 1gbit connection afaik

@m-productions:
i dont live with my dad during the week but where i do live.. i have dialup during the week... im only ever connected @ 28.8k so my download speed usually doesnt go over 4 kb/s imagine having that Razz
rightclickscott
ThornsOfSorrow wrote:

Here's my first result:

And then the second:

We're both in Connecticut and we both use Comcast. How is yours so much faster than mine!?
MrBlueSky
m-productions
[FuN]goku wrote:

though this is when my dads got his downloads going -_- but anywho... the place where my friend works has direct pipes from 2 isp's so its like a 1gbit connection afaik

@m-productions:
i dont live with my dad during the week but where i do live.. i have dialup during the week... im only ever connected @ 28.8k so my download speed usually doesnt go over 4 kb/s imagine having that Razz

I dont have to imagen, that WAS better than my 56k, for 3 years when we first moved out here, before we got our sattelite, we had 56k, and as i said in my other post, we had OLD phone lines.. so our connection speed was at 21 kbs on a good day, download speed never went above 3 kb NEVER
corey
It looks like you're getting your advetised speeds, if that's what you were really asking
Vrythramax
rightclickscott wrote:
ThornsOfSorrow wrote:

Here's my first result:

And then the second:

We're both in Connecticut and we both use Comcast. How is yours so much faster than mine!?

That's simple...she's a much better person than you are scott Smile

ramur wrote:
from where i can istall this speed test software?

@ramur

There is nothing to download, simply go to the website speedtest.net and it will test your connection speed for free.
Hunterseaker
Here is the result of my test:

When I read the contract, I read that I should have a T20 connection, tho as you can see my real speed is almost 5 times slower.
A phone call to my provider revealed that all though the contract says I have a T20 connection(and yes we pay for T20), our provider is only able to provide up to T8.
WallBase

hehe ^^,) we have 4 but this is the fastes i get it ! mhm
erlendhg
Here is mine:

My line is a 3000/360 line.

Not very fast, but then, not very slow, either.

It is funny to think about it - just a few years ago (well, there's some years now), our line was considered really fast.
...and we used ISDN(!)

Nowadays, my line of 3 mbps is almost recognized slow Razz

So no, Srs2388.
We (or at least I. I can't speak for other people Razz) do not think your line is fast.
Sorry Razz
snowboardalliance
Here's mine

Not too bad I guess, but nothing special.
Srs2388
damn I wish i had like 10MBps internet... mine is for everyday use though.. and the server was 400 miles away lol.
Daniel15
I'm quite happy with mine:

This is an ADSL2+ connection with TPG Internet in Melbourne, Australia. Quite often people get much higher speeds, but I'm 2 kilometres from the phone exchange, and my phone line is relatively bad quality Razz. Still, I love the speeds (and the fast upload speed was great for when I was hosting a server) Smile

That speed test site doesn't seem to measure the latency correctly... The actual latency is a lot lower. I'm guessing that's due to my old computer (the Flash on their site lags for me).
Edit: Here's one I did a while ago, on a different (newer) computer. The latency seems correct on this one Smile

Quote:
rom where i can istall this speed test software?

It's a free online test available from http://speedtest.net/. Another speed test site I use sometimes is http://www.ozspeedtest.com/.
lethaltriad
For what you paid for, its certainly up to the results. I've just recently moved from 256k down, 128k up to 5mbs/768k and its like i'm flying now
andy26
here is mine
carlospro7
I guess mine is average for fast speeds? Well...

a.Bird
Using Roadrunner in a populated side of town.

When I lived just 10 minutes away from here on a rural hill with fewer neighbors and still using Roadrunner, my speeds were at least twice as fast on average. I miss it. Can't complain though, fast enough for most torrents I can find. Very Happy
Guelila
Hunterseaker wrote:

When I read the contract, I read that I should have a T20 connection, tho as you can see my real speed is almost 5 times slower.
A phone call to my provider revealed that all though the contract says I have a T20 connection(and yes we pay for T20), our provider is only able to provide up to T8.

What does that even mean??
Soo you are paying for what you don't receive right?
Why dont you just contract a T8 instead? Might be cheaper I guess..

Well here is mine

Pretty slow for me, and very slow for all you guys I guess.

I really dislike my ISP!
They have the worst customer survice I've seen!
and the worst part is that I lose connection every now and then for no reason and I get disconnected from MSN and whatever else Im doing.!! Evil or Very Mad
SpellcasterDX
879 kbps download, 120kbps upload
Well, I think it's decent. Definitely much better than dial-up. Razz

EDIT: Tried it again after closing MSN and having no pages loading.
Pretty similar results.

raine dragon
I have comcast and it's been slower then normal today. Lost Frihost and half of the sites hosted out of Cali this morning too, no idea what happened there. >...<

Only getting ::

riv_
Confused Man, I've got to go find a bridge to jump off of or something. I live in the boonies and have the worst ISP in the known universe. I pay an absolutely psychotic amount of money for my "high speed" </sarcasm> cable, because it's all that's available in my neghbourhood.
And I'm getting 300 kbps down and 120kbps up on a good day. Good because it's faster than some... and it's great because it's working at all!
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Thanks for rubbing it in, guys!
ninjakannon
I've noticed that you can change your results by choosing different servers, which was to be expected I suppose. Also, downloading at the time seriously changes results.

Here's the third test I took (I changed servers and this one was slightly faster):

And here's the first I took:

While taking the first test I was also downloading and uploading data, so as you can see the difference is huge!
BugBear
Mmmmm looks like mines about average, though i'm prolly paying the least Very Happy (or almost)

paying a little under $20 a month
justnewbie

Man..I'm so envy with y'all's connection.. this is what my country's monopolying ISP's Internet connection with alleged speed of 2mbit/512kbit of dload/upload speed. And their result was just 25% of the alleged speed. That's kind of a big liar don't you think.. I don't mean to moan around here..but googling on "Streamyx" will just end you with customers complaining about this connection...wish there will be a multinational ISP extending their business to this region...
william
OK, the image speedtest.net gives me isn't working, so I'll just copy what it said. If it somehow starts to work, I'll post it.

Download: 18305 kbps
Upload: 2118 kbps
Latency: 25 ms
Server: New York

Well, that's faster than usual. It usually is around 12-13 Mbps down, but uploads are about normal. I'm paying for a 5 megabit connection. I don't get why it runs so fast. Anyway, I still wish it was faster. I download some huge files, and they take hours.
Arnie

I'm supposed to have 8192/1024. This is the best test I ever had and I did many. Just wait 'till I get the university connection...
Hammy
Mines pritty slow on my laptop thru the wireless internet . Downstairs on the desktop i get around 8mb download.

Here's my first attempt:

And here's after a lil photoshoping Smile Much better Very Happy

Heh xD
m-productions
its to bad your speed thing at the bottom right dosnt match your number XD

edit: nvm is does.. its just that its so high, it went around 4 times ;P
JBotAlan

I think I hold the record for most obscure way to the Internet.

Since I'm camping, I've tethered my Razr via 1x and that's how I am posting. I don't have access to broadband at this point (yuck!).
Seiorai
That's a good speed, especially if you're getting this at home, and not at work or another place where you'd need high net speed.
Believe me, a lot of people are ok with way less *coughmecough* :-

Hunterseaker wrote:

And...you >still< haven't changed the ISP? O.o Gosh, if something like that'd happen to me I'd change right away, T8 at T20 price? -_-
Rico
I thought this topic was going to be about not eating. Confused
Agent ME
m-productions wrote:

Doesn't 56k mean only 56 kb/s download? Yours is better than that unless I'm misunderstanding something.

How do some of you have upload speeds higher than download speeds? I thought nearly all service providers reserved more bandwidth for download than upload.
m-productions
Agent ME wrote:
m-productions wrote:

Doesn't 56k mean only 56 kb/s download? Yours is better than that unless I'm misunderstanding something.

How do some of you have upload speeds higher than download speeds? I thought nearly all service providers reserved more bandwidth for download than upload.

First, who here has upload higher than download???? wha????

And as for my post, I was talking about lag not connection. You see, 56k has around 300 ping, maybe higher, with satteilte, lag is about 900+ ALWAYS, i cant play any game, pages have a 5 + second delay from when i click, and the page moves...
Arseniy

Here's mine.
Not bad, I think, especially after that dammit dial-up.
Daniel15
BugBear wrote:
Mmmmm looks like mines about average, though i'm prolly paying the least Very Happy (or almost)

paying a little under $20 a month

Wow, that is cheap Smile.
Internet is comparatively expensive here in Australia... You can't get a good connection for cheap. All the cheap ones have limitations (you can't run servers, or the upload counts towards the quota, or it's really slow).

Hammy wrote:

And here's after a lil photoshoping Smile Much better Very Happy

Heh xD

That's why the images are hosted on speedtest.net - To prevent people editing the image Wink
desertwind
Well, howz this ?

Srs2388
I am paying 50$ a month Mad your paying 30?!?!
ehh my isp is crazy.
frozenhead
I envy most of the connection speeds here. Crying or Very sad

I have a Wi Fi connection that is a crap. Mad , I tend not to take the speedtest I might get more disappointed.
Ducksteina

not that fast... w/e.
shwetanshu
guess i have the worst internet speeds here.... i m on 256kbps.... MTNL ISP...
Vrythramax
Well this is a bit better Smile

vonboy

and i pay like 50 bucks a month for it Embarassed . i don't get it. why do almost all of you have better speeds then me, WHY!?!?

atleast my upload is decent.
Katarinae
I fail... ; ;

Ghost Rider103
It's not amazingly fast, but it is fast enough for just regular internet use.
Blaster

I think i win
Chris24
Here is the results of my test Wink I think I win...... Laughing

ninjakannon
Chris24 wrote:

Naahhh, not really:

ThornsOfSorrow wrote:

However your upload is higher than hers. Wink
XxGunner
I got 372 kb/s download and 132 kb/s upload. It's really bad compared to those thousands up there Very Happy
skygaia
I think testing speed is not important. I'm using Rogers internet service for 7Mb/s downloading speed. But I have never seen that speed. The fastes downloading speed in my experiend is 1Mb/s. So I think if there is over 3Mb/s speed, that's enough to use internet or download some files. I think it depends on Servers to satisfy the speed.
Jaan
Correction Skygaia!

I am using Rogers as well. They recently upped all cable connections to 8mbps (at least in my area).

Notice the 8-MBPS

not mBps, mbps. 8megabits per second is not the same as megabytes. 8 megabits would be equal to 1 megabyte per second, so the speeds you see are top quality!

This is a typical noob question answered a million times over.
BrookfieldPC

I miss having Cox Cable so much. Sad

I use to get a 9-10 Mbps down connection through Cox Comm. cable, but parents switched over to SBC Yahoo! DSL (3 Mbps down). I'm so anti-DSL now...I cry myself to sleep at night. I live in KS, and Cox Communications has the fastest high-speed cable internet I've ever used.
heylookamonkey

not much...i need to get me some Portable Company LLC

garionw

I did better than I thought I did, but How many of you are paying 70 dollars (AU) a month for it? Razz
jenice
I think this is about average for this area. It'd be just a touch faster if I had an updated computer.

Chris24
ninjakannon wrote:
Chris24 wrote:

Naahhh, not really:

ThornsOfSorrow wrote:

However your upload is higher than hers. Wink

Kicked her butt on the upload though
frozenhead
Wow! I envy most the speeds. It's make me think not just to post mine here. Lol. Laughing
heylookamonkey
i have to say i win...

ninjakannon
heylookamonkey wrote:
i have to say i win...

*Makes a low whistle*

Wow!... So far you are indeed winning. What are the specs of your internet connection? And who's your ISP? That's simply awesome. It's also strange that your upload is faster than your download.
darvit
heylookamonkey wrote:
i have to say i win...

Wow, you definitely won so far! Very Happy

I thought I would, but then again, this is a university connection as well. Laughing

Here's mine anyway:
8ballcrazy
Loghete wrote:
Woo woo I've got the fastest yet:

And then I were using a server in a another country.

sorry buddy,mines faster lol
8ballcrazy
this is mine

may not be super fast but its not super slow either

lets see yours!
apple
hey, i did this test before...my results are the worst you'll probably see... Rolling Eyes

Soulfire
Not terrible ...
friuser
from new york to san jose, ca. verizon dsl - decent

DjinniFire
Wow mine suck -.-"
Would using a router and wireless have a dramatic effect on these results as well?? I think so right?

I wish I had comcast, I loved comcast, their cable was so great and internet speed was so much nicer than Cox that I use now T.T and comcast's website is so much better, more professional. Cox looks like it hired freelance noobies.
8ballcrazy
apple wrote:
hey, i did this test before...my results are the worst you'll probably see... Rolling Eyes

god dang lol!
well are you picking the orange one?cause if you pick the orange star it will go faster cause its closest place near you
8ballcrazy
i got this when unplugging my router
DjinniFire
8ballcrazy wrote:

Holy bageebers that's nice stats right there. So router did have a huge change, thought so.
8ballcrazy
DjinniFire wrote:
8ballcrazy wrote:

Holy bageebers that's nice stats right there. So router did have a huge change, thought so.

ya i thought it was bs how people say router slows down the comp,wierd thing is that when ever i go to speed test i always get different results lol its wierd
Garga

Very slow... Sad
phillyfan

uhh im guessing this isnt the best...lol
phillyfan
k i stopped a download that i forgot about this is my second test

xorcist
My Speed was
I had better but I was downloading something during the speed test. I see way more people with higher speed then mine.
8ballcrazy
omg that is so slow lol does your comp go like a snail?
Kamo

That's the fastest i can go and only at night at day its about 1900/240

Upload speeds in Poland are one of the worst in the world propably :/
sonicj

this is at my work....geez it sucks. No wonder I can't get anything done...oh wait I am at work now Shocked
paul_indo
Here's what I get on a GOOD day in Jakarta with a fast connection. Also after 7pm. During the day is usually terrible.

Bockman
Here's # 1 (at work shared with a bunch of other users)

And #2 (also At work, but dedicated to VoIP channels (...and yours trully, shhh...))

Be Well Cool
mOrpheuS

Sigh ... Neutral

That's the best that my 256kbps ADSL can do.
The good thing is that the upload speed is decent and the connection is remarkably reliable ... that's one department most ISP's here do badly in.
hofodomo01
bleh no matter what the thing says, I'll always get laggy moments on the internet.

Usually a router will ruin everything lol, glad I'm not using one...
For some reason my upload is way shot?
eday2010

Shit, dawg. Not bad for a 5mb connection.
xorcist
At the Community College I am taking a couple of class's at it has good upload speed.

friuser
i always thought it was best to speedtest on the farest server to your current location. Alot of you are using distances less than 1000 miles. even speedtest.net website states you should put the fardest as your perferred test server...
Pikalibur
mine is a ?(=%(/=)%(/=)(/

J-Evil
Mines only 300k (Sad). not worth showing a picture in my opinion.
m-productions
WHy did we start a new topic on this -_-
orion_crown1
Animal
http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-76141.html

Please search before posting.

-close-
heylookamonkey
ninjakannon wrote:
heylookamonkey wrote:
i have to say i win...

*Makes a low whistle*

Wow!... So far you are indeed winning. What are the specs of your internet connection? And who's your ISP? That's simply awesome. It's also strange that your upload is faster than your download.

I believe it's charter communications which is close by, I think the guy said it was a T3 but they may have updated to fiber, when nobody is using it it's supposed to be a 100mbs but i'm not completely sure, it's at UNT so you might be able to find it on their website.
Zombie
yeah, you're good for another year or so lol. Btw, I'm still in the sticks with dialup... if that makes you feel any better.
Pikokola
woooot that's sure fast (at least for me ^^)

Here... touch 200kbps (yeah.. 200) is a rare expereince *__*

the fastest internet connection that I ever see personally is 224kbps T___T
Kaisonic

I'm at school right now, and this connection rocks!
paul_indo
This is my new connection which is much cheaper and much faster. I hope it lasts because it is new and usually in Jakarta they just keep adding customers until it goes so slow that you can hardly use it.

But anyway, I'll enjoy it anyway while it lasts.

ZeroXD
not so great, but it isn't bad at all either...

Billwaa
sorry, I think mine is a bit faster.

greatfire
I cant show yous now cos my sister has the Ethernet rights at the moment and modem is only USB 1.1 but on that site speeds test i get between 10 and 18 Megs a second download Very Happy and between 80 and 300 kbs upload.Sad Oh yeah my school has the same speed internet that i do, except they share it between three hundred computers and I share it between two PC's and a Wii.
silverdown
Nice speeds, im not the fastest but my net is fast enough for me anyhow. Sure beats 56k! Laughing Laughing
Yjaxygames
I thought I had fast internet, but that 5 digits is awesome.

My upload is slow...
There are 2 servers in my country, but 1 is way better than the other for me than the other.
coreymanshack
From Plano.

From Austin.

From Houston
watersoul
Hmm, not the fastest...

...but then I am travelling on a train at the moment using my mobile phone internet connection, so I'm pretty happy with that.
Peterssidan
I recently run a program that speeds up the speed on windows xp. It worked most significant on the upload speed.
Very Happy
skygaia
I'm curious that the result of speed test is real. I'm using 7M/s rogers cabel but I have never experienced that speed.
secondeye
Well recently i have a Lan cable internet which gives me above 128K, From now on march 1st i will go for a broadband service provider which will provide me 256Kbps, i hope this will better for me.
ccube921
I got horribky as well like a 450 and 200
arquivo
Theres a new kind of race? a little strange competition, dont you guess? its the same of run in a F1 when you just need a Kart to get what you need... so, whos paying for a F1 speed connection must need that speed for something...
Liu
To the original op ~1.5 mb/s down is perfect for nowadays browsing. I'd say most of the time you're never going to reach near that speed anyway, it's only the potential of reaching that speed. Haven't you ever wondered why your download speeds never reach 1.5 mb/s for the full duration? There are bottle necks in the internet, which is pretty much useless why you guys are comparing speeds.
carlospro7
In my new apartment with roadrunner
BPrice
i wish mine was a bit faster

from the other results posted it looks like mi ne is about average to low speed.

BugBear

It probably could be a little better because I was downloading something at this time but it's pretty much accurate I guess.... (can't cancel dl :O)

Slowly upgrading and upgrading my internet package... -,- started at $15 and now I'm paying $30 i think.

(I'll probably update with speed of me not downloading at the same time later Very Happy)
blackheart
I'd never really thought about it, but I seem to be doing pretty well for myself;

hunnyhiteshseth
Man thats pretty fast. I think anything above 256kbps is fast enough for everyday browsing.

Ofcourse Law of limited memory, that no matter how much processing power, memory, transfer rate etc. you have, it will never be "fast enough", is still applicable. Laughing
Utopia GFR
Maybe I should consider changing my ISP :

Looks like 5 years earlier... despite of this sad result, their price is only but increasing Sad
tony
hofodomo01 wrote:
eh, i have standard roadrunner service...it gives me around 500-ish mbps....fast enough for anything i really use it for, though my router firewall can sometimes be annoying in trying to use stuff like bitcomet....

WOW; can you explain how you do that? i am new to the service...
zjosie729
my download speed is almost 20,000!!!
erlendhg
Peterssidan wrote:
I recently run a program that speeds up the speed on windows xp. It worked most significant on the upload speed.
Very Happy

That reminds me that I know a way to improve the network bandwidth in Windows Xp (and Windows Vista?)

By default, Windows will reserve 20% (!) of your total bandwidth. By using this method, you will prevent this.

Run "gpedit.msc" (Group Policy Edit)
Select "Computer Configuration", "Administrative templates", "Network", "Qos Packet Scheduler"
Now open up the configuration called "Limit Reservable Bandwidth"
Choose enable, and enter 0 (yes, Windows will reserve 20% bandwidth, even if it's original state is "not configured", at least as far as I know).

I have found this method to be very effective, especially on low-speed Internet connections Smile

EDIT

Sorry, I just discovered that it was already posted an article about it here:
http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-42961.html

A few comments:
I don't know what others say, but back from "the old days" with dial-up modem connection, I did find this helpful! And you can't choose "disable" to prevent the reservation of bandwidth, as this will activate the default value.

As written in the article, there is information about it here: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q316666

And it is true, that Windows does not always reserve the 20%, but I still believe it will help, if I haven't interpreted it wrongly...
snowynight
Wow you have so speedy connection.
Mine: 2264kbps dowload and 144kb/s upload.
However sometimes when you download from certain sites it's not the therotial speed but the traffic condition counts.
molif

COOL... i didnt know about my donwload and upload speed.. all i care that my download is fast enough to make me less impatient..
soldeinvierno
How do you do this test?
iftikhar
mine net speed is so low freinds
now working
it up 1mb speed
silverdown
Srs2388,

My answer is no Laughing

linkmenot
Srs2388 wrote:
'up to speed'

well i'm an indian..and that IS impressive according to our standards
hunnyhiteshseth
linkmenot wrote:
Srs2388 wrote:
'up to speed'

Do you even know anything about Indian internet let alone standards??

Man even BSNL offers you 8Mbps speed and that too even in remote villages. If you come to metros and cities you can easily get more speed(but of course you would have to shell out more money for it. Laughing )
panthro
Wow. there are some pretty fast Speeds in here. I'll need to test mine Razz
linkmenot
hunnyhiteshseth wrote:
linkmenot wrote:
Srs2388 wrote:
'up to speed'

Do you even know anything about Indian internet let alone standards??

Man even BSNL offers you 8Mbps speed and that too even in remote villages. If you come to metros and cities you can easily get more speed(but of course you would have to shell out more money for it. Laughing )

listen man.
i do HAVE an airtel 8 mbps account.
it only allows me speeds upto 300 kBps.n it costs 3000 bucks. in other countries u can get T1/T2 for less than that
evilryu530
yes pretty fast, i mean depends on what you need the speed for. i am happy with att dsl
hunnyhiteshseth
linkmenot wrote:

i do HAVE an airtel 8 mbps account.
it only allows me speeds upto 300 kBps.n it costs 3000 bucks. in other countries u can get T1/T2 for less than that

If they say 8Mbps then you should get it. 300kBps = 2400kbps = 2.4Mbps
I think either you are havng 2Mbps plan or you seriously need to shout at those customer care executives.

A T1 line cost around 550$.
In Rs. terms thats around 24750

And clearly 3000<24750
PatTheGreat42
MyinternetconnectionissofasthatthiswaspostedbeforeIevenwroteitandthespacesjustgotlostintheredshift.
Thumpercats
I think it would be fast enough if you were using your internet for everyday items.

You probably couldn't play a computer game or console game without having a little annoying lag.. You might want to talk to your internet provider and see if there is a problem that is making you have those numbers.
geethip
hi
friend i tried speed test here

www.ip-details.com
my download speed:1.09kbps
my upload speed:0.87kbps.
thexnemesis
for basic roadrunner http://www.speedtest.net/result/2025711150.png
kenxeiko
I'm totally jealous of you guys. Crying or Very sad
I never feel something that fast.
I mean ...
Look at this.

This is totally bullshit.
I just got this thing.
I've a friend at the netherlands.
He show me his result of speedtest.net.
It's around 498Mb/s download, but only around 10Mb/s upload, I wish I could get that fast. Crying or Very sad [/img]
ankitdatashn
I feel quite left behind with my result:

By the way whenever I take this test the animation gives me a feeling that a man is taking part in a distance-to-pee competition Very Happy Very Happy Anyone else who get's the same feeling? Wink