FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Thesis making/writing

isyan
Arrow Helpful suggestions in writing thesis projects
Arrow How do you handle your group?
Arrow How do you organize interviews, meetings?
Arrow Motivating the group
Arrow Slving conflicts between the groupmates
Arrow and any other helpful topics that you can add or suggest...

jah blez!
Mannix
isyan wrote:

jah blez!

FYI different countries call things differently. ...I don't know exactly what you mean by "Thesis Project". ...Typically, in the USA anyways, Thesis Projects are typically a 1-man kind of thing. Is this a Senior Project (Big project for completion of degree program?) ...And what level is this at? High School, College?

Anyhoo, I hope - whatever you decide to do - that it's very successful.
turbowolf
It's hard to reply, which depends on your subject and major. I think you need to get some work experience before you start writing a thesis.

isyan wrote:

jah blez!
isyan
I'm a fourth year college student and my course is Bachelor of Science in Information Technology... And it is required for us all to develop a system that we can defend before a panel of judges... and each group is made up of three to four members... conflict within a group cannot be evaded but any suggestions on what is the best approach to handle them..
Mannix
Start doing the work. ...Get a big part done, then lead on, asking them to keep up, really. ...It puts you into a leader role, lets you shape your vision, and gains their appreciation without resentment. ...Face it, the job needs to get done, and if they've made it this far, they probably aren't the kind of folks who would just screw you, and not do anything.
isyan
yeah... although they seemed unaffected by the pressure of being a graduating student..
but still i think they really want to graduate... Smile

the other group leaders have also the same problems.. they're groupmates who seemed are not interested to graduate...lolz!
bukaida
If you distribute the total work in smaller modules and make arrangement so that every individual or two can handle a module, conflict can be avoided.The team should be egoless.The top level(decision makers) should be a little autocratic in nature and bottom level or the actual worker should
be democratic in nature.There is a separate paper in management studies which deals with conflict management and leadership qualities.So this place is too small to discuss all of them.
Mannix
I realize this is really late, but another thing you can do is set up "office hours" of a sort. Come up with a time and a place for the whole group to work as a united front. ...At least you'll be getting hours from your members. ...Quality... ...Hopefully comes too. Worst case: "Social hour".
patricia39
isyan wrote:

jah blez!

After I finish our thesis, I encountered many problems not only about our topic but also to my group mates. It seems that they are not interested to graduate. But then, I talked to them and tell them that I also need their cooperation not only that I am their leader but I need to finish our thesis. And I am thankful, they obey me and now we are happy to have our diploma!