FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Domain setup question...

burqe
Hello, below are the steps I did for setting up my domain. It is still not coming up to my site so I am writing this for verification,

1) I created a domain my-domain.com from DirectAdmin
2) I set that domain to be the default domain.
3) I went to the control panel of my domain registrar and changed the A Record of my domain to the IP address that was sent to me on email by frihost support.
4) I also changed the MX record to mail.my-domain.com
5) I uploaded my site to my-domain.com directory.

Now when I am accessing my site though IP/~my-account, it is loading the site well. So it means only domain pointing problem is left. May be DNS propagation is taking time but if I missed nay thing, please tell,

Regards,
Haris Mushtaq
badai
have you set the DNS server at your domain registrar?
burqe
Thaks for reply,

There are several DNS records. A record is one of them which points to the IP address for some specific domain. The other thing is the nameservers that are used by the global DNS to identify a domain name.

I wanted to use the nameservers of my domain registrar (netfirms) and just poin the A record to the frihost account IP. I think this is possible as it originall worked with my previous free hoter.

Regards
Haris Mushtaq
mathiaus
And the domain is what?
burqe
Hello and thanks for reply.

the domain is burqe.com and as I expected, the propagation took roughly 2 days and now it is showing up my frihost data and I can access my frihost directory using ftp://burqe.com.

The problem that I am still facing is that emails are not reaching burqe.com accounts. I sent an email from yahoo to xyz@my-domain.com and another account that I created but it returned.

I have set my MX record to mail.my-domain.com. Should I set it to the server 2 IP i.e.[removed IP as suggested]

thanks in advance.
Regards
Haris Mushtaq
James007
Hi burge, I can't help you with your problem, but I would like to advise you to edit your e-mail out of your post (as it might get picked up by spam bots)