FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

college - Interaction Design

Azmo
Hi!

I've been accepted to a college to study Interaction Design, (my first hand choice) and was wondering if anyone had been studying something similair and could give some feedback on what they thought of it, pros and cons.

The education is over 2 years and a KY in swedish, means something like "qualified profession education" so basicaly, you are ready for work as soon as you graduate. Realy looking forward to it, so hopefully you'll get to see some more kick *** work from me this autumn!
LimpFish
if its like designing stuff so that people understand how to use it (products, their interfaces etc) I do some similar stuff at Chalmers on the programme Teknisk Design Smile
cloudship
I study human computer interaction design for my master degree. As for the work to do in this subject, we focus on how users interact with designs (software, website or even hardware design), the usability felt by users and difficulties or inconsistance found by the users to their own understanding. Thus, some experiement design courses are to taken and research methods like interview, questionnaire design, observation, focus group and heuristic evalution etc. Really requires very hands-on work and project experience to learn the methods.

Though, there are also interaction designers with a graphical design background, and mainly responsible for realizing interface layout of new interaction ideas.