FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Little question about one of the rules

Da Rossa
...One of the suggestion rules. #9 states:

Quote:
9) Adding New Skins / Templates to the forum.

Ok, I respect it. I love rules, honestly. But..... why couldn't we have some alternatives to the subSilver? This is the basic template, it's been here for a long time and a slight change would come handy. Doesn't need to be an agressive combination of colours, but... the option to change to a darker style, (in my particular case, bright websites hurt my eyes).
Also, the admins are conservative and don't install a lot of mods, I understand that: it's risky. But would a new template mean a lot of hassle to edit the .tpl files?

Thanks in advance for all clarifications! Wink
Animal
We won't offer multiple templates on the forums because this can cause several complications, not limited to the potential problems with the tpl files as you've mentioned. This is why all our users will have to use the same skin on the forum.

The reason it's on the list of things to not suggest is that we won't be changing it. Different people like different skins, so if we changed it to a dark skin, people would complain. We change it to a light skin, people would complain. There would be no pleasing everybody.

The skin that we use on the forum is a slightly modified version of SubSilver that was created specifically for Frihost, so it is actually different to many other forum layouts. This, however, is as far as we're planning on going in terms of changing the forum skin.

So rule 9 is there to prevent many multiple suggestions of changing the skin (although a quick search of the suggestions forum shows that people don't pay any attention to the do not suggest list) because it won't be happening anyway.

-close-