FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


Silly anti-social behaviour





panic15
One of my friends was jumped today by around 20 guys, luckily me and another friend was on hand to help out. Thugs really can't fight. Stand up to them and they run a mile.

I really do hate these yobs!!!!
Seiji
So.....what does that have to do with being anti-social? Sucks that your friend was jumped though.
Hobbit
Glad that you actually helped and didn't run away. I'd do the same.
Vrythramax
Many people believe there is strength in numbers, and for the most this is true. Maybe those idiots who jumped your friend felt intimidated by him...or possibly they were just being bullies.

Either way, I hope your friend is alright, and I applaud your courage for stepping in and defending your friend. Cool Applause
missdixy
I agree with Max -- it takes courage to step in, especially when outnumbered in such a way.

My brother got jumped last year by eight or nine guys, and the "friend" with my brother did not step in to help. Mad
Hobbit
From experience, I think it's easier getting jumped. Because you don't have time to think about it, all you do attack whoever is harming you. However, the jumpers had to think about it and maybe even hesitate a little, "Oh look at those three guys, let's jump them", they may act tough but they're probably doing it out of peer pressure or some internal conflict in their lives.
coolclay
Yea I don't see how the title is related, because if it was 20 guys, then they aren't exactly antisocial are they. But anyway, um yea some people just feel the need to group together and hurt outnumbered individuals to feel strong and boost there egos. It is sad and stupid at the same time. But I guess thats the way the world works, even governments just a different format.
anticitizen1
coolclay wrote:
Yea I don't see how the title is related, because if it was 20 guys, then they aren't exactly antisocial are they. But anyway, um yea some people just feel the need to group together and hurt outnumbered individuals to feel strong and boost there egos. It is sad and stupid at the same time. But I guess thats the way the world works, even governments just a different format.


Thats right! The need support for theirs super macho man alter ego.
Yantaal
people anyoy the tits of me.

mer and my mate were walking home one day one two guys started a fight with my mate inside subways, one of them nutted him, his mate grabbed his arms and then the one who nutted him started to punch him, thats when i joined in to help out my mate, and next thing i know im getting beat, and my mate has like 5 guys hitting him, but they must have been pussies because assoon as they left my mate and i stood u and laughed. lame asses
coolclay
You might want to watch the language dude, this is a public forum. But anyway glad your alright, luckily I live in a relatively rural area, where I don't have problems like that, unless I am looking for them of course.
Vrythramax
coolclay wrote:
You might want to watch the language dude, this is a public forum. But anyway glad your alright, luckily I live in a relatively rural area, where I don't have problems like that, unless I am looking for them of course.


Your post borders on "Back-Seat" Moderating. If the post was found to be offensive in nature, it would have either been edited, or scrapped (deleted) altogether.

Personally, I am quite happy he and his friend were not seriously hurt.
GSIS
The last time I was needed to back someone up in a fight turned out to be a complete farce.

He was a complete muppet - always stirring up trouble. If I'd had the choice I'd not have socialised with him but we were both expats working together so I didn't really have much choice.

We were in BATS in the Shangri-La in Jakarta, late in the evening. I'd already drunk far too much and was sitting at the bar drinking a coffee. Next thing I knew he came over and asked me to help 'sort a problem out on the dance floor'. I have vague recollections of agreeing to help, then falling fast asleep - face down in my coffee. Laughing

That, as far as I'm concerned, is the best way to deal with a fight. Wink
desertwind
Vrythramax wrote:
Many people believe there is strength in numbers, and for the most this is true. Maybe those idiots who jumped your friend felt intimidated by him...or possibly they were just being bullies.

Either way, I hope your friend is alright, and I applaud your courage for stepping in and defending your friend. Cool Applause


Agree to the point.
Aless
Kids these days...

(and we're all so much better?)
Manus et Therion
Seiji wrote:
So.....what does that have to do with being anti-social? Sucks that your friend was jumped though.


coolclay wrote:
Yea I don't see how the title is related, because if it was 20 guys, then they aren't exactly antisocial are they. But anyway, um yea some people just feel the need to group together and hurt outnumbered individuals to feel strong and boost there egos. It is sad and stupid at the same time. But I guess thats the way the world works, even governments just a different format.


Most people (including you) misunderstand the term "antisocial." I checked out this thread because I assumed its creator was such a person - but it turned out that in only one sentence, the poster proved to know exactly what antisocial behavior is and is not.

Antisocial behavior is NOT failing to be a part of a social group - that is called UNsociable behavior.

Antisocial behavior is characterized by a disregard for social norms. It is anti-civilized if you think about it. So the creator of this thread has it right, those 20 people where behaving in an antisocial fashion.

Antisocial people who are often labelled such (say, by teachers and other authorities) have the unfortunate circumstance of not knowing what they were just hit with and so often never understand - why? Because quite often they are so very well liked by many people? Why? Because they have learned that it is easier to steal, cheat, and con your way when you are so cleverly adorable. So quite often, antisocial personalities are indeed very charming types. This can lead to confusion among the uneducated who hear this word.

Antisocial personalities are characterized by having a lack of empathy for other people. They may have some sympathy, but they use this to play off their selfish ambitions without regard to the impact their behavior has on other individuals and society at large. Criminal behavior is specifically antisocial behavior. And that's what this thread has to do with its title.
hack_man_
Yobs are stupid, they find safety in numbers but run at the sight of something more intelligent than them... They should be doing a lot of running, but they are so thick that can't identify intelligence until it starts reading them scripture or code... :p

Once I freaked out a big thug at a bus stop by using a demented expression and reciting Python with my arms out like a zombie, friend put it on youtube but can't find link...
Zeferman
Twenty against three? That sucks, glad to know you’re all okay though.
prole
hack_man_ wrote:
friend put it on youtube but can't find link...


I'd really like to see though if you could dig it out from youtube... Rolling Eyes
Vrythramax
Can we try to stay on topic, the difference in the meaning of anti-social and un-social is not the reall matter here.

One person was attacked and some real friends stepped up putting their own safety at risk to help. Shouldn't that be more important than semantics or definititions of words

Forgive my spelling.
hack_man_
prole wrote:
hack_man_ wrote:
friend put it on youtube but can't find link...


I'd really like to see though if you could dig it out from youtube... Rolling Eyes


I couldn't find the EXACT same link, I think it got taken down or my friend removed it... It was a bit like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbSWp5cW95I
soulman
Manus et Therion wrote:
Antisocial behavior is NOT failing to be a part of a social group - that is called UNsociable behavior.

Antisocial behavior is characterized by a disregard for social norms. It is anti-civilized if you think about it. So the creator of this thread has it right, those 20 people where behaving in an antisocial fashion.

Antisocial people who are often labelled such (say, by teachers and other authorities) have the unfortunate circumstance of not knowing what they were just hit with and so often never understand - why? Because quite often they are so very well liked by many people? Why? Because they have learned that it is easier to steal, cheat, and con your way when you are so cleverly adorable. So quite often, antisocial personalities are indeed very charming types. This can lead to confusion among the uneducated who hear this word.

Antisocial personalities are characterized by having a lack of empathy for other people. They may have some sympathy, but they use this to play off their selfish ambitions without regard to the impact their behavior has on other individuals and society at large. Criminal behavior is specifically antisocial behavior. And that's what this thread has to do with its title.


maybe that is antisocial hehavior, but still harm the society and people's life... still wrong and bad...
to me it's like the difference between kill a person by a gunshot and hurt a person by a blade. although the result of the two action is different, but the intention is the same.
Manus et Therion
soulman wrote:
maybe that is antisocial hehavior, but still harm the society and people's life... still wrong and bad...
to me it's like the difference between kill a person by a gunshot and hurt a person by a blade. although the result of the two action is different, but the intention is the same.


I'm sorry, I don't understand your point. Are you saying that antisocial behavior is antisocial? lol. That's basically what you said. Therefore, we are in agreement. Hence, what is the point?

Antisocial behavior is definitely a harm to society and people's lives - that is why it is called antisocial. Maybe you just didn't understand the intent of my original post on this topic - my original intent was to clarify for several early posters just exactly why the starter of this thread chose the label "antisocial" when my studies have shown that *most people* misinterpret the meaning the word.

Antisocial behavior is characteristically and unequivocally harmful. It can range anywhere from the simple mischievous disruption to downright criminal in scope.
Vrythramax
Some people also can't grasp the concept of "Staying on topic".
Manus et Therion
My last post to this thread was deleted. That post quoted the post above and then replied "Antisocial behavior is the topic."

I would like the original poster, Panic15, who hasn't reposted anything since starting this thread, to let us know what his topic was if it wasn't the topic posted in the title.

The topic heading is "Silly Anti-Social Behavior" and I've been staying to that topic. Disrupting or baiting me, if that is your attempt, is also antisocial behavior and so I will applaud you, Vrythramax, for keeping to the topic in your own way.

[edit] In other words, Vrythramax, you're the only person whom I am reading as being anywhere near off the topic.
Vrythramax
Manus et Therion wrote:
My last post to this thread was deleted. That post quoted the post above and then replied "Antisocial behavior is the topic."

I would like the original poster, Panic15, who hasn't reposted anything since starting this thread, to let us know what his topic was if it wasn't the topic posted in the title.

The topic heading is "Silly Anti-Social Behavior" and I've been staying to that topic. Disrupting or baiting me, if that is your attempt, is also antisocial behavior and so I will applaud you, Vrythramax, for keeping to the topic in your own way.

[edit] In other words, Vrythramax, you're the only person whom I am reading as being anywhere near off the topic.


and quoting a spammed post or topic is against the rules. Ths subject here is NOT the definition of certain words or symantics.
poly
Interestig story... i would like a little more specified description though.
Vrythramax
poly wrote:
Interestig story... i would like a little more specified description though.


A description on what exactly?
Related topics
Cybot's Work
Should marijuana be legal?
for all those losers
Woman gets raped, it's her fault?
Einstein proves Religion
The Fates Are Fair
Dumbest criminal
What do you you think about public vs private schools?
Is Sarcozy right about the Burka?
Violent Games Can Hinder Development of Empathy in Children
Please Hijack this topic!
"How to Persuade an Atheist to Become Christian"
Morality and violence
Famous local characters in your area?
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> General -> General Chat

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.