FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

best chess game player of all time

levy
ok guy. I love chess . I think it's the best strategic game of all time.
But which player do you think that is the best player of all time of chess game.??
Shocked
Here are some suggestion :
Fisher - Kasparov - Karpov - Kramnik - steinitz - Capablanca - ....etc
So comment your choice..
wabik90
Yeah, Chess is best. I used to play chess very often, now 'little' less...
I don't know which player is the best because I like chess as a game, no as a hobby(i didn't read about chess tournaments and players), but I think Kasparov is the best Smile
truespeed
I would say kasparov,he was the best in the world when there were lots of great players about like karpov and kramnik,fisher will get a lot of votes i think,but he only won the world championships once if my memory serves me correct, before retiring.
anonymous21
I would choose for Kasparov. I mean, he's the best all right. I used to play chess too, but now in High School, there's so many stuff to do and so I can't play more often.

In grade 7, I used to be the best in my batch but that's history... hahaha, when I competed for the Milo Little Olympics, I only won thrice out of 10 challenges! Neutral
McDucque
Isn't Kasparov a crazy person now? I had read something pretty entertaining about him a while back...
romaop
Kasparov ruled for a lot of time. The famous KK matches (Kasparov-Karpov) were dominated by him. And then no one was even near him. He was quite on top and had that incomparable attacking spirit. I remember some of his games with a dangerous odd opening game. Also notable were some kings indian sacrifices.
He is now in a movement against the Putin government. He chose a battle which is much more difficult and perhaps controversial. Russia has got a somehow stable government, and needs it, because there has been a lot of confusion there in the last years. Putin is somehow important to assure some stability and to enhance the russian damaged influence. Kasparov wants a revolution? Right now???

I'll also give special credit to Fischer. His game was also far above the others. Well, not quite. If we talk about Tal, the master of Riga, even Fischer was reachable. Tal had an illness that impeded him to have a better career. He won once the world championship.
Fischer also just won once the world championship because he dropped the chess world. He actually needed to rest. He became a "persona non grata" for the american government, specially when he gave an interview where he showed his contentment for the tragic September 11. Mr Fisher simply forgot that a lot of innocent people died there. USA atrocities were met with AlQaeda atrocities. Is this a reason for contentment???

Anyway, just as chess players, I will give gold medal to Kasparov, Fischer and Tal.
Winston_smith
hrrrmmm...is it horrible to say...Battle chess,, starwars edition????
Ducksteina
Kasparow. This guy is just pure genious...
Although, I was a bit disappointed when he lost against Deep Blue..
srujanlive
Kasparov and Fischer are the all time greats for me but I like Anand more as he is my countryman. And in a game dominated by Russians, he seems the only one standing out. And in the rapid form of chess, he is the sole leader.
Gagnar The Unruly
McDucque wrote:
Isn't Kasparov a crazy person now? I had read something pretty entertaining about him a while back...

Fischer is the one who went nuts. Became a recluse, anti-American, anti-Semite, exiled in Iceland, the whole nine yards. Chess genious or no, a crazy bastard is still a crazy bastard.

Unless my facts need straightening -- he was crazy before he left the chess world, too. His ego was enormous, and he made impossible stipulations regarding championship challenges. He still considers himself champion, as he was never 'beaten' in competition, though he actually lost his title by forfeit, which in my mind makes him one of the biggest quitters of the competitive world.

I was just reading about it last night...
truespeed
Ducksteina wrote:
Kasparow. This guy is just pure genious...
Although, I was a bit disappointed when he lost against Deep Blue..

I think he beat the first couple of versions of deep blue. I could be wrong and im too lazy to google.
McDucque
Gagnar The Unruly wrote:
McDucque wrote:

Fischer is the one who went nuts. Became a recluse, anti-American, anti-Semite, exiled in Iceland, the whole nine yards. Chess genious or no, a crazy bastard is still a crazy bastard.

Unless my facts need straightening -- he was crazy before he left the chess world, too. His ego was enormous, and he made impossible stipulations regarding championship challenges. He still considers himself champion, as he was never 'beaten' in competition, though he actually lost his title by forfeit, which in my mind makes him one of the biggest quitters of the competitive world.

I was just reading about it last night...

Ah, My apologies to Kasparov, clearly Fischer is the crazy I was thinking of XD