FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Clarification of a FrihRule

LukeakaDanish
Ok...so here's what brought this on:

http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-13011.html

When I saw that I immediately thought that it was against the rules, however then i thought about it and it appears to me that it very much depends on what the frihost policy is on this kind of site...

It is debatable whether Sites such as peekvid, alluc, tv-links etc. infringe copyright by linking to pages where copyrighted content is displayed against the law.

It is EVEN MORE debatable whether linking to these pages can in any way be considered "illegal" and therefore whether there is any reason for frihost to disallow this.

Please clarify / decide what the frihost policy is Smile
m-productions
in that case, your saying linking to youtube is against firhost rules, they have copyrighted items on their site as well (yes they dont "allow it" and try to remove it) but please... go there, and youll still find whatever you want.
tidruG
Did you mean to link to something else?
LukeakaDanish
tidruG wrote:
Did you mean to link to something else?

I mean to link to a page that has links to copyright infringing content (meaning to link to for example TV Links (url removed)) <-- delete that if it's against the rules...
Bondings
LukeakaDanish, the difference with YouTube is that YouTube taking measures to prevent copyright infringement. They also have agreements with copyright holders to display some videos. They also only show short videos with low quality and not a whole high-quality episode, like TV Links.

I would rather have these forums stay completely clean and not somewhere in a gray zone and don't want any links to websites like TV Links. Mentioning the name is fine, though.
LukeakaDanish
Ok!

Apparently the link i posted above was to type frihost rules, not to the post i saw, advertising a site of this type...my mistake - I can't seem to find the post now, anyway...

- Luke
tidruG
LukeakaDanish wrote:
Ok!

Apparently the link i posted above was to type frihost rules, not to the post i saw, advertising a site of this type...my mistake - I can't seem to find the post now, anyway...

- Luke

Yes, that's what I meant to ask.. when you linked to the rules, did you mean to link to another post? Razz
Oh well, anyway... you've got a reply from Bondings