FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

signature

runereference
when you change your signature it should change on all of your posts not just for the ones you post after changing it.

this drives me crazy because you have to go change them manualy if you want them to say something different
m-productions
runereference wrote:
when you change your signature it should change on all of your posts not just for the ones you post after changing it.

this drives me crazy because you have to go change them manualy if you want them to say something different

umm i dont know about yours, but my signature changes everywhere when i edit it.. in fact.. dosnt it save your sig info to the database, and then on each page call it? so.. it kinda has to update on all your posts..
ninjakannon
Your signature is saved into the database. When the pages are constructed by the viewtopic.php page the signatures are inserted (if you have phpbb yourself then you should find this in the viewtopicbody.tpl file, or whatever it's called (search for "{U_SIGNATURE}", I think)). So the signature is actually updated throughout the forum when you change it.

This is solved and needs locking.
m-productions
I just looked at all his post, and i see now, he worded his statement incorrectly. He means, that when you first turn signature on, it does not appear in the posts you made before you ever made your sig for the first time.

I agree, it would be nice for the first posts you make to have the sig once you make it for the first time.. but im not sure that this is possible.
ninjakannon
m-productions wrote:
He means, that when you first turn signature on, it does not appear in the posts you made before you ever made your sig for the first time.

Oh! I see.

Well obviously this must be quite a pain, but is something I had not discovered myself (as I have always had my signature on). I don't think this would be very hard to change, however I don't think it would be very high up the priority list either as it doesn't affect many too people.

If Bondings ever gets around to it though, I think it would be a nice little feature to fix. Wink
runereference
thanks m-productions for specifying what i meant
that is correct because i have like 20 posts with no sig cause i hadnt added it yet

anyway thanks for agreeing
tidruG
This is actually a feature on phpBB. All the posts you made before you made a signature continue to be without a signature. Even when you are making a new post or making a reply, you may notice that there's a checkbox for "Attach signature". Unless this box is checked, that post will not have your signature and gets stored in the database as one that does not/will not have a sig unless you go back and edit it to have one. Similarly, all posts that you made before you first turn on your signature get stored as posts in which the signature has not been attached.

My advice is to not get too worried about this, because as you keep posting, your older posts will disappear into the past anyway Wink