FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

plesk control panel

burqe
Hello,

Since I have not received an account yet so I cannot tell but I tested hosting with one other free service (look, they don't require forum postings) which I wont name as it may look like advertisement which had following supports and it was great,

1) It offered Pleask control panel which was very handy and almost equal in performance and easy then cPanel. Atleast of these control panel should be available with frihost if one is not yet available as they are extreemly handy.

2) support of SSI and HTTPS. Although, they shared thier versign certificates but it provides 128 bit security and is excellent.

I'll name more of thier services in future and hope frihost will consider adding them.

regards
Haris Mushtaq
mathiaus
Thanks for making a suggestion but you need to support it. Plesk is a good control panle but it costs a lot more, money a FREE host can't easily find. DirectAdmin (currently used) is a LOT cheaper than Plesk.
Plesk
Direct Admin

Any idea on how to raise the extra funds without reducing the quality of service?
m-productions
AS of right now server one uses Cpanel, and new members can not sign up for server one, Server 2 (the server you will be on) will have Directadmin, This will not change, however, in the future (noone knows when.) if there is a 3rd server, this MAY be possible...

However, im hoping that it is NOT, im looking forward to Cpanel on the new server (though I think ill be sticking to server 2 anyway.. not that you could even switch in the first place). Anyway, if you get your host, youll be on server 2, which is Directadmin and that will not change.

Edit: Hey!!! no fair.. i was typing before you posted!!
mathiaus: Prove it Razz
burqe
Hello,

Is there any number of points or $frih that if one acheives, he will be trasferred to server 1. I think Server 1 has better configurations and some people reported that server 2 some times gets down.

I don't know about the axact system. May be you people offer paid hosting at server 1 and free hosting at server 2.

You both discussed the Plesk, CPanel and DirectAdmin issue but as I see in DirectAdmin domain settings that SSL is disabled for my account. Why don't we have a shared certificate and enable SSL for all users as it wont cost much.

Can I name free hosting services that provide free shared SSL certificates here. I fear if it is allowed as it may be thought as advertisement where as my intension is only to let you people see some examples.

Regards
Haris Mushtaq
saratdear
As for your first question, no there is nothing you can do to transfer to Server 1. Server 1 is full, and there fore server 2 was introduced. Server 1 does not have that much downtime as Server 2 because 2 has the Apache hourly restarts (I think; I am not too sure of this part).

And no, Frihost does not offer paid hosting on Server 1. Frihost provides completely free hosting. Smile
Scorpio
burqe wrote:
Hello,

You both discussed the Plesk, CPanel and DirectAdmin issue but as I see in DirectAdmin domain settings that SSL is disabled for my account. Why don't we have a shared certificate and enable SSL for all users as it wont cost much.

Can I name free hosting services that provide free shared SSL certificates here. I fear if it is allowed as it may be thought as advertisement where as my intension is only to let you people see some examples.

Regards
Haris Mushtaq

SSL is not available and will not be enabled. Also, you are not allowed to advertise or state or publicize or talk about or write about or mention about any other services paid or free.