FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Why my site and cpanel display Bandwidth Limit Exceeded?

MeleceNi
Bandwidth Limit Exceeded
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to the site owner reaching his/her bandwidth limit. Please try again later.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.33 Server at www.fclassic.frihost.net Port 80

??

What can I do ?
Bondings
In 15 days you reached 10.000MB of traffic with your website. That is our limit.
Bondings
I changed it to 15.000MB for you, because you are quite active. Please note that this is only for this month.

The problem was that http://www.tompda.com/bbs/ or another website was stealing bandwidth by hotlinking to your images. I disabled hotlinking, so this won't happen again, I hope.
MeleceNi
Thank you!
Antoine_935
I hate hotlinking ! Sad
If you want to strore your images without using bandwidth, you can use Imageshack.
register to keep trace of your pics Wink
Maka
Antoine_935 wrote:
I hate hotlinking ! Sad
If you want to strore your images without using bandwidth, you can use Imageshack.
register to keep trace of your pics Wink

Dont do that, imageshack will ban your domain for using exessive bandiwith, it's not to be used for websites.
n0obie4life
Cool...how did even that site leech so much b/w?!
budazz
that person is so bad he steals you images just to put it in his/her website so pathetic Mad
mengshi200
Yes ,i hate this pirate action.

we can know hotlink through cpnel,can't it?
gamo
MeleceNi wrote:
Bandwidth Limit Exceeded
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to the site owner reaching his/her bandwidth limit. Please try again later.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.33 Server at www.fclassic.frihost.net Port 80

??

What can I do ?

Maybe your resource as image, js file, ... linked from other sites. Especially, if your website consists a huge mp3 music file or high quality photos. So web surffers of those sites spended all your bandwidth.

On the other hand, bandwidth meters maybe has some troubles, but this case rarely orrcurs.

You also pay a sum of money to lease a host that supplies more bandwidth than free host. Do you ok ?
Bondings
You can stop hotlinking in cpanel. They hotlinked to images, and a lot.

To stop spamming this thread, I'm now going to close it. This forum is meant for support and not for chit chat. I look at every new support question and it is annoying to see useless posts in here, only taking away my time.

MeleceNi, if you want this thread to be reopened, please pm me.

-locked-