FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


Reformatting





Tony The Tiger
In Feb I bought a Hewlett Packard DV9000T laptop computer with Windows Vista. The wifi performance is begininng to get sluggish. I am contemplating reformatting the dual hard drives. However, the laptop did not come with installation disks. Instead it came with a recovery partition. Should I be able to demand all of my installation disks so I can do a normal reformatting?
why6487
Tony The Tiger wrote:
In Feb I bought a Hewlett Packard DV9000T laptop computer with Windows Vista. The wifi performance is begininng to get sluggish. I am contemplating reformatting the dual hard drives. However, the laptop did not come with installation disks. Instead it came with a recovery partition. Should I be able to demand all of my installation disks so I can do a normal reformatting?


Try to boot it and choose to reinstall Windows.
greatfire
just reformatt and then use the recovery, its the same as installing windows again
Tony The Tiger
why6487 wrote:
Tony The Tiger wrote:
In Feb I bought a Hewlett Packard DV9000T laptop computer with Windows Vista. The wifi performance is begininng to get sluggish. I am contemplating reformatting the dual hard drives. However, the laptop did not come with installation disks. Instead it came with a recovery partition. Should I be able to demand all of my installation disks so I can do a normal reformatting?


Try to boot it and choose to reinstall Windows.


I am not sure I understand what you are telling me to attempt to do. Could you elaborate.
Tony The Tiger
greatfire wrote:
just reformatt and then use the recovery, its the same as installing windows again


When you say reformat and use the recovery, do you mean the partition that is on my hard drive? I have no recovery disk you know.
why6487
Tony The Tiger wrote:
why6487 wrote:
Tony The Tiger wrote:
In Feb I bought a Hewlett Packard DV9000T laptop computer with Windows Vista. The wifi performance is begininng to get sluggish. I am contemplating reformatting the dual hard drives. However, the laptop did not come with installation disks. Instead it came with a recovery partition. Should I be able to demand all of my installation disks so I can do a normal reformatting?


Try to boot it and choose to reinstall Windows.


I am not sure I understand what you are telling me to attempt to do. Could you elaborate.


I mean booting from the recovery partion and reinstalling.
netgalorecafe
Recovery partion is just for recovery on the old setting or default setting of your laptop. When reboot from it, it your laptop will obviously return to its default setting. So dont need to reformat it.

If you are asking about reformating its HDD then you may
1. be trying to kill your laptop
2. be trying to change an OS (operating system). And changing the OS will definitely erase your laptop and changed to another system. Like for example you installed a Windows XP, its an XP.

But still, if you want to reformat it, ofcourse, you will and must need a formating tools for it.

What the people above me was saying, was you dont specify what are trying to say...

So please elaborate the problem. If formatting then it would be.
if reinstalling then you should specify it
orcaz
I'm using a HP computer, so I think the apps preinstalled should be similar. There is a tool from HP which can burn your recovery partition out into DVDs, without having to buy the discs from HP, so that you can remove your recovery partition. I recommend you to burn it out, because the recovery partition would sometimes corrupt, and you would nvr be able to reformat again.
Tony The Tiger
netgalorecafe wrote:
Recovery partion is just for recovery on the old setting or default setting of your laptop. When reboot from it, it your laptop will obviously return to its default setting. So dont need to reformat it.

If you are asking about reformating its HDD then you may
1. be trying to kill your laptop
2. be trying to change an OS (operating system). And changing the OS will definitely erase your laptop and changed to another system. Like for example you installed a Windows XP, its an XP.

But still, if you want to reformat it, ofcourse, you will and must need a formating tools for it.

What the people above me was saying, was you dont specify what are trying to say...

So please elaborate the problem. If formatting then it would be.
if reinstalling then you should specify it


I want to reformat to get rid of spyware and hijacks.
internetjobs
format your hard drive, if you have recovery cd, other wise use recovery partition...
Tony The Tiger
internetjobs wrote:
format your hard drive, if you have recovery cd, other wise use recovery partition...


I have found my recovery disks made from the recovery partition when I bought the computer. However, it seems some of my problems stem from using hibernate instead of logging off. It seems my performance is adaquate when I restart my computer.
Related topics
Have you built GreaseMonkey scripts for FireFox
Partitions problem in XP
Interner Explorer Aborts!!
HELP me with Frontpage PLEASE
slow start up
My computer is getting old...
Which player do you use
help me with some linux configuration errors please.
taskbar gone
How to install two OSs on one computer?
Formating & the Hard disk
SP1 versus SP2
Reformatting Hard drive
PROBLEM REFORMATTING COMPUTER
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Computers -> Software

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.