FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

StepMania/FlashFlashRevolution

Holy
I was just wondering if anyone happen to play StepMania (other wise known as SM) or Flash Flash Revolution (other wise known as FFR)? These are both games very similar to Dance Dance Revolution except for computer (but you can get StepMania on a CD and play it on PS2 I believe). StepMania, like Dance Dance Revolution, can be played with a dance pad. Most people do play it on a computer keyboard though. Flash Flash Revolution, run by Synthlight, is a game like SM and DDR that involves only your fingers and mind. Songs are added weekly I believe, for FFR fans to try to AAA's (or in other words, get all perfects). It is one of the biggest community I've seen with 1,246,054 people involved in the community and growing by the minute. These two games not only challenge how fast your fingers move, but it also challenges how fast your mind works and your hand-eye coordination.

Check them out at:
www.stepmania.com
www.flashflashrevolution.com
hlavco
I've got this on my computer. With all the official songs, I've got a bit over 1000, I think. I don't keep them on all the time though, only the ones I feel like playing.

I prefer to play real DDR, but Stepmania's good if you're tired or it's hot outside. It's also a lifesaver that I installed it on my grandmother's computer, because with her dialup internet, it's often the only thing to do when I'm there.
BiZNatch
StepMania and Flash Flash Revolution are good if you don't have DDR and feel like exercising your hands/fingers. Unfortunately i removed it from my computer for more disc space, but i still visit the FFR website whenever I'm bored.
McDucque
I had a stepmania program that was made for modded xbox'es (Stepmania X ) I guess it was... It had heaps of songs and I could actually use my pads so it was a lot of fun to play.
bickers
I used to play Stepmania a lot, and I also posted scores on the FFR forums somewhat often. Stepmania's a lot of fun once you get into it and find a lot of the tough, good fanmade files. I fell out of it once I started playing beatmania, though.
soulery
This is an interesting game. I might be addicted. (OH NOES)
Geminh
Yeah i've played stepmania. I've recently heard about it myself. I agree for sure this stuff is addicting. It's glad to have known this thanks to a friend=p. I get most of my songs off bemani. The search feature is a blessing xD.