FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Jumping the Shark!

firsttimedad
OK, for those of you not familiar with the Term "Jumping The Shark" check out :
www.jumptheshark.com
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jumping_the_shark
and
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpraJYnbVtE

This is my personal list of a few programmes I feel have done the leap into tedium :

The Simpsons - Can someone tell me why we now need a Movie of our one tea-time favorite yellow friends?!?!?!

24 - Great formula - should have stopped after the 2nd season (maybe even 1st! feel free to discuss!)

CSY : Pick your city - why do they need so many? Pick one and stay with it... and loose the Ginger guy in Miami

Ok, thats it for now, if I think of any more I will post later
canadol
I definitely agree with 24. I enjoyed it in the beginning and started to loose interest during last years episodes and decided to give it a shot this season and was disappointed. I am definitely no longer a fan and will not watch.

As for CSI I only watch the original as I really enjoy the way they do the work and solve answers the scientific way. Miami is more like a cop show.
eday2010
The Simpsons Jumped the Shark 10 years ago. the movie actually turned out to be really really good. I was hoping the movie would cause the show to unjump the shark, but that wasn't the case.
McDucque
Prison Break jumped the shark when season 3 came around and they ended up in ANOTHER prison... season 1 was fine and good, season 2 was forgivable, since it was basically them as fugitives.

Heroes jumped the shark after season one. dumb new heroes, hiro in the past, no real cohesive villians, the ability to bring people back from the dead.
Indyan
I agree with Prison Break S3. I am hating what they are doing to such an awesome show.
I am just not interested in seeing another long drawn out escape from prison. They are milking the show too much.