FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

THings we miss from our childhood...

Guelila
What Do You Miss?, things you miss from your younger years Very Happy

- I miss the days when pokemon was life for all of us kids...
- I miss the days when I used to have a very nice baby-skin, with not a single pimple
- I miss the days when the boys, including me, used to write and send love notes to girls during class.. xD
- I miss doing stupid random things only kids can get away with
- I miss the days when we used to have nap time after lunch in school Laughing
I miss not having to worry so much about how I look.

The thing I miss most is that in elementary, school is a lot more stressless with not having to worry so much about exams,SATs and all those big tests..

What do u guys miss most?
Mighty_King
Well, it's hard to say, but I pretty much the attention I would easily get when I was young. I also miss being able to do things freely without having to worry about schoolwork, but with every sacrifice like childhood comes some positives like teenage.
bartdou
as you getting old, things we miss become more,
now we have things to enjoy
Keran
I miss the whole faith in the supernatural and fantasy stuff and the whole adventure and thrill of discovering new things.
I miss having life so simple, that the only thing I would care about is how much candy I'm gonna eat or how long will I play outside...
I also miss the cartoons Very Happy
Azmo
I miss all the games we played, you could make anything out of everything, a ball could be a bomb, you could build a computer out of some wood and gaah! beautiful! we used to play the olympics in our sand box, and playing gangsters in our car..

I miss all the spare time where you could just have fun.. and I do miss all the cartoons at night before you went to bed, imo, cartoons were much better like 10-15 years ago, before they started to do all this 3d stuff
Daisie
I miss the simplicity of life, the long play outside on a summer's night, the dreams and imaginery friends. The way we transformed anything into everything... How the time seemed to pass so slowly...
Darn I m getting all nostalgic now Sad
Aless
I miss being able to entertain myself for hours with nothing but my imagination or some simple toys.

I miss not having to worry about 'real life'!!
justnewbie
Guelila wrote:

- I miss the days when I used to have a very nice baby-skin, with not a single pimple
- I miss the days when the boys, including me, used to write and send love notes to girls during class.. xD

The thing I miss most is that in elementary, school is a lot more stressless with not having to worry so much about exams,SATs and all those big tests..

I supposed that we all do miss our past lifetime. I meant, when you're in high school, you miss the life in elementary school- and when you're in college, you miss high school.

I agree too that I miss that the time that everything is about pokemon, and I still quite remember how I'm fanatic with it.. with memorizing all the names of the pokemons one by one and listing all of them alphabetically directly from my mind. And those trading cards.. remembered I used to have several boxes of those.. thousands of those cards.. but too bad I gave them all to my cousin.

I too miss my high school life.. doing all the crazy things in the class.. like flocking up the ceiling fan with paperplanes, putting the principal's frame inside the toilet bowl.. switching off staffroom's power outage.. releasing rats inside the lab with girls screaming everywhere.. lol-

Well, that was the past, you could only look back at it.. smiling at what you've done... wishing you would go back to that timeframe again-
seanooi
I miss just getting home from school, not doing any work and running out to play
I miss sleeping all day in school or just talking all day in school, not bothering what the teacher thinks. (Maybe cause' she just gave up nagging us)
I miss walking back from school with friends and having a smoke at an alley talking about random things

There's just so much to miss about my childhood. Those were really sweet memories never to be forgotten.
Guelila
justnewbie wrote:
Guelila wrote:

I supposed that we all do miss our past lifetime. I meant, when you're in high school, you miss the life in elementary school- and when you're in college, you miss high school.

I agree too that I miss that the time that everything is about pokemon, and I still quite remember how I'm fanatic with it.. with memorizing all the names of the pokemons one by one and listing all of them alphabetically directly from my mind. And those trading cards.. remembered I used to have several boxes of those.. thousands of those cards.. but too bad I gave them all to my cousin.

I too miss my high school life.. doing all the crazy things in the class.. like flocking up the ceiling fan with paperplanes, putting the principal's frame inside the toilet bowl.. switching off staffroom's power outage.. releasing rats inside the lab with girls screaming everywhere.. lol-

Well, that was the past, you could only look back at it.. smiling at what you've done... wishing you would go back to that timeframe again-

Haha
Oh yea.. the pokemon cards!!
Those were the days, when everyone in school were crazy about them. =D
I remember too, having thousands of them, although half of them were fake..

ohh and can't forget the YuGiOh cards either!
crimson_aria
I miss many things from my childhood. I miss the simple ways to make me happy. xD haha! I miss having an all day play and rest without having to worry much about school works and serious stuffs. I also miss the days when my parents used to favor me with almost anything I want. I miss being worry-free, the innocent days wherein all I did was to think about eating, playing, and having fun.
exarkun
Guelila wrote:

Haha
Oh yea.. the pokemon cards!!
Those were the days, when everyone in school were crazy about them. =D
I remember too, having thousands of them, although half of them were fake..

ohh and can't forget the YuGiOh cards either!

lol you forget about digimon and Magic the Gathering cards. We used to hang outside school to buy that and trade off any rare cards for cash. Maybe that is when I found out that I have a flair for business. But trust me, not a flair for those scheming type of business. Wink
Hunterseaker
I miss the free time after school, when school was out, you could play whenever you wanted, now you have to worry about marks, exams and work. as a kid you didn't had any responsibilities, when you get older you have many things to do, and your actions have real consequences...
apple
I miss looking at circle square on saturday mornings

Playing with my dogs and

Seeing my daddy around the house.
GSIS
I'm sorting through a couple of boxes of old Ladybird books, getting them onto my site for sale. It's surprising how many I pick up, stop and browse through thinking "I remember having a copy of this when I was a kid!"

Quite sad, really. Wink
Davidgr1200
I suppose what I miss most is the sense of time stretching out ahead of me into the far distance. These days I don't seem to have anywhere near as much time as I did then. Nowadays I have responsibilities which I did not have before and a job which takes up a large proportion of my waking hours.
jerricc8
i miss the day that tying my shoe was the hardest thing to do? you know what mean? i mean, having no serious problems, i miss my elementary days, i miss my classmates, i miss my school bag, i miss my teacher, but most of all o miss you. lol
missdixy
I miss playing barbies or house or whatever and just the way that I could let my imagination run wild...I miss it a lot.
Hobbit
I miss coming home from school, and as soon as I'd finish my homework I'd go out and play with my friends all day(and it wasn't a lot of homework like it is now).

I miss watching cartoons after playing with my friends all day.

Basically, life was so easy. I never worried about anything. When my parents were struggling financially, or with each other, I wouldn't really notice so everything was perfect.
squirrelmaster
I never got into the pokemon cards, but do you remember POG's. I didn't have too many of them maybe 100 or so, but that was a fun game Smile

Also, i miss spending hours making cool creations out of legos, and always making stories and imagining all kinds of stuff.

I also miss the good disney and nick, the stuff they got on now is soo stupid compared to what used to be on(catdog, ren and stimpy, angry beavers, wishbone, the jersey, jet jackson, etc) but then again maybe those old shows were stupid too, i was just in an age to appreciate it?
McDucque
I was just talking about this a little while ago.

I miss being able to play my game boy both in the car while my parents drove or in the shopping cart at the grocery store...

hehe, addicted much?
friuser
I miss not having to pay bills.
I miss watching the morning and afternoon cartoons... they don't seem to have it anymore.
I miss worrying about thinking of tiny and silly things that you do think about as a child.

Most improtant thing is I miss being able to get away with some things that I'm not able to get away with now.
frozenhead
Things I miss when I was a kid:

- I can play with other kids on a fair or sunny weather all day.
- Not worrying about what will be my next day after.
- My G.I. Joe collections and LEGO toys? Lol.
- Having to go in school and meet other kids.
- Don't have any emotional disturbances as of like adults does have.

Other words, just simply being a kid or a child. That's it. Wink
CrimsonStrange
I miss the blissful ignorance of youth;
not knowing how big the world outside was;
not knowing how precarious & unpredictable life can be;
being unaware of the danger lurking around every dark corner...

On a more detailed note, I miss the smell of Gramma's cooking;
those long adventures I used to create for myself in the woods behind her house;
the fantastic stories my crazy Aunt Ada used to tell me for hours on end, and the fleeting times when the little universe around me was calm, predictable and everlasting.
balticJay
i miss my grandads story telling
i miss going for long runs on my bike with my friends
i miss being carefree
Scott
I'm 18 and still feel like a child to be honest. I'm still carefree, I still play video games, I still dream and I still laugh at farts. I don't plan on growing up anytime soon, either.

Oh, I work now. That kind of sucks. I miss not working Sad .

dac_nip
I really miss the idea of doing anything you want and being contented with it. when you were a child, just a piece of chocolate and you would be delighted. simple things that makes you happy. the thought of living without having to worry about things. about your studies. your future..etc..you just play and let your mommy do the things you need! Very Happy
imagefree
i am a happy man!!!!!!!!!!
DOnt miss anything. Thanks to God that he gave me all the comforts , necessities and luxuries of life that he thought better for me.
Zombie
what are you talking about lol? I never grew up!
windrei
i hope i would never grow up and become an adult too, whatever......

um... i miss many things from the childhood and teenage time... i miss the food that i bought from hawkers in my little public housing estate when i was small, and i miss that little restaurant too. The food was really delicious.

i miss the 7 years in the secondary and high school, that i found happiness and regrets ( that i did not express to the girl i loved )... and making my present best friends.
CMA
I miss the freedom you have as a kid to do whatever you feel like and getting away with (most) pranks you'd pull. I still have a lot of idle time nowadays, but clearly not as much as before, and with all my friends and even myself either in college or working, it's hard to find some occasion where we're all free to get together and... basically do the same dumb stuff we always did. Laughing
ainieas
i miss a lot of things from my childhood.

most of all I miss the carefree days, no responsibilities. I miss being friends with the girls without any complications coming up due to hormonal rushes. i miss the days my parents were younger! I miss the innocence of those wonder years. And most of all i miss the way i saw the world around me...
corey
I miss most the total lack of responsibility. Its hard to step away from all the adult stuff for a minute and try to remember what it was like, leaving it all to the parents...
Daniel15
I miss a few things... I used to get up on Saturday morning to watch cartoons (I don't think they're on any more, or not good cartoons anyways). Also, I miss Captain Planet... That was like the best show ever Smile
Take a look at This blog post (any Aussie 90s kid would understand Very Happy)

Quote:
I miss most the total lack of responsibility. Its hard to step away from all the adult stuff for a minute and try to remember what it was like, leaving it all to the parents...

Yeah, definitely...
AVA182
I miss being able to sit in your room, yet be able to travel the world with your imagination. I miss not getting in trouble as easily and I miss all the great programs that used to be on t.v.
Kovsieassassins
I miss digging up mole tunnels (I'm from South Africa we didn't have TV)

Do tell me if anyone else have ever done this.

Chris
outofnicks
The big, blue, cold Lake Superior in my home town. Or any lake, for that matter. Nothing but farms, small creeks, and hills around my area, very few lakes and I miss that.
Sadow
Guelila wrote:

- I miss the feeling that life would go on and on.
- I miss watching the clouds drifting by on a beautiful day in springtime and the only thing to care about is if I would be home in time for dinner.
- I miss the butterflies in my belly when I fell in love.
- I miss the time the girl next door was babysitting me when I was actually old enough (13 years) to stay home alone, but she was mainly there for my younger sister...
- I miss the time I played tennis
- I miss the time when I played Lin Chung, a banned Chinese swordfighter
- I miss the time playing in the swimming pool when I was about 5 years old
- I miss... well I could go on forever I guess, life was/is beautiful...
Hammy
I know im only 17, but i really dont wanna grow up. I'll probbaly miss te same as all you guys.

Will miss falling in love.. and realising.. it was just a fling.
Will miss and alredy do cuz everyone has started working.. My friends.
Me and my friends used to go out every day.. but now, no1 has time, we either have girlfriends or have work. It sucks.
well actually, thats all i miss at the moment.

I dont wanna grow up tho Sad but i wish my girlfriend would hurry up n grow up lol.

Hammy.
iNs@nE
School and Ofcourse the Responsibility free life. Sad
driftingfe3s
I miss the old school cartoons I use to watch when I was young, I miss palying with Legos, and the thing I miss the most is Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Cereal.
toughtrio
Those days full of competition, days when you have just a little tention about homework, days when you have just two entities to care about the most -- Your friends and your parents...

I really miss those days.. The tention and stress we THOUGHT we had those days just made us stronger and stronger... Days filled full of joy and witty comments flying here and there. Small breaks---- unpacking sandwiches, fighting with some bullies, playing everything you would like... And, ofcourse, looking out for every possible way in order to BUNK a class.. Always hoping that a teacher would be absent and we would not have an alternate one hanging around, so the WHOLE class would enjoy playing in the grounds.. Lastly, nagging up with the nerds all the time... Everything was just... too light and easy to be handeled.

Warm Regards
Chelissamow
I missed not having to worry about anything - no responsibility, no homework, no chores, nothing. xD
Rico
Sunday lunch, when the roasted chicken didn’t taste like sardines.
[FuN]goku
um... i miss... idk.... not having to do stock piles of homework(i dont do that anyway Razz) but not actually having it being there.... um... not going to school.... sleeping in... friends.. errm... a few other things..
standready
I miss the simplicity of youth, lack of stress, no worry about ever increasing pile of bills and Saturday mornings with Bugs Bunny.
I enjoyed using my imagination, I still use my imagination but now it is to solve engineering problems under a deadline of yesterday if not sooner.
sonicsight
Whats i really miss is my parents, they died in a car crash driving towards a bridge, fell off the exit and turned right and went to the river, i really miss them, very much, and im tellingyou this because i wanna get this off my head, the only ones i have on the family is my brothers and 1 sister, my sister is always there for me, and my 1 bro who doesnt care about his own parents,

But usually my parents dont do anything for him because he dont respect, so im dedicating this to you to the only thing i miss,

My Parents...
Arseniy
Well, I'm not so old (just 14 years old Smile ), but I miss my earliest childhood a lot.
At first, there was a fully freedom - you may do what you want to do, except for really crazy doings Wink
At second, little children cause more sympathy of all kind of the people, than the oldest ones - if you need help, they will help you.
At third - there was really fun in the childhood. So many changes has been happen during this time.
miau
... a lot of things!!
loryl
I miss the days when I could wake up and not have to worry about how we're destroying ourselves and our planet and how much I can do before I die. But if I didn't understand such things, would I be able to enjoy life as fully as I do now?

Actually, I also miss the days when I didn't have to wake up so darned early. Sad
biljap
I miss the time when I was very young and was going every summer with my parents to the seaside. Few days ago my mother gave me a book that I used to read while I was sitting on the beach and it wasn’t possible not to remember that time.

I also miss the time I was in the High school. That’s the place where I learnt a lot and made friends for life. I don’t miss the school itself but you know, everything that was happening those years.

I miss having simpler life and not worrying all the time about exams, looking for job, fighting for a better life and not having time for the things I love.
sonicj
I miss:
-the awe of waking up christmas morning to find goodies magically there(I did get to re-experience this with my son, but even those days are past as he is moving into teen years)
-that older girl chasing me in elementary to give me a kiss, and me letting her catch me Smile
-when cartoons only came on, on saturday mornings...made them more special.
-running through the neighborhood and woods all day on a saturday.
-the imagination that required only a stick to play and have fun.
-when family would come over, seemed like all the time, the adults would sit on the porch and us kids would go play.
-walking to the store down the road and buying a comic book for 20 cents.
-collecting bottles to return for the deposit(so i could buy those comics or candy)
-playing neighborhood baseball, football, wiffleball, etc etc.
-mom making homemade icecream.

i could go on all day but i will stop here.
LeatherRose
i miss not having to worry about my credit
i miss not having bills to pay
i miss not having to work every damn day
i miss not having any responcebilty
i miss being able to play all the time
i miss recess..
i miss swinging as high as i could off the swing set then jumping off
i miss haning upside down on the monkey bars
i miss saying "girls rule and boys drool"
....i miss the time when i was in 3rd grade and i hit a boy in the head with a frozen water because he told me i was a stupid girl with cooties... Laughing Laughing
i got in ALOT of trouble for that... Wink
kiranaghor
I miss the days when watching cricket was fun and exciting.
I miss the days when I was more sincere than I am today
I miss the days when I was less fearful than I am today
I miss the days when I was best spinner in my school team
I miss the days when I loved riding my bicycle all day
I miss the days when I loved preparing and topping the exams
J-Evil
I miss my childhood friend.

Story goes: There was this girl I knew back where I used to live before I moved to where I am now. We knew eachother for 7 years and had a lot of good times together exploring the trail down by the river, playing video games, riding bikes, and using our imagination to create new games to play. Every day was something new and exciting. Eventually we both moved away from eachother, but after I had moved I gave her my new address and I saw her one last time when her dad picked me up and brought me over to their new place. We went fishing for a bit in the pond near their new place (right behind it actually) and when we caught a fish either of us was too grossed out to pull the hook out of the fish's mouth lol so we had her dad do it. I don't quite remember what happened after that day, but it's almost like shes dropped off the face of the earth Sad It's been 7 years now since the last time I saw her. I can't help but to wonder what she turned out like...
Chelissamow
I also miss playing with my stuffed animals all day and making them have picnics or weddings. xD
Futile
- I miss the long summer days and saturdays. The parents would kick you out the house and not let you come back in except for lunch and a bathroom break. They never had to worry about someone aducting or harassing you. Because the way the world is now my kids will never experience that pleasure (nor will I experience that limited peace as a parent).
- I miss Sunday afternoon Kung Fu Theathre on the USA Channel.
- The Kroft Superstars on Saturday Morning
- I miss seeing my life long friends that I grew up with everyday. Now those times are limited to long distance calls and maybe a visit twice a year if we are lucky.
- I miss the early morning smell of my Grandmother cooking breakfast everyday.
- I miss the warm summer evenings listening to the baseball game on the radio with my Grandfather.
I could go on forever but these are a few of the majors.
unknownc1c
i guess i miss being able to do things and get away with them b/c i was a kid.... but that's about it :/
eday2010
I miss a lot of the yummy stuff that existed back then. Hostess Potato Chips, AstroPop candy, this certain type of thin taffee, Garbage Pail Kids and Wacky Packages trading cards, trading cards that came with that stick of rock hard bubble gum.

Saturday morning cartoons, wrestling, Transformers, Lego (once my kid is old enough to play with Lego I will be buying him a bunch of them so I can play with them), and being able to sit and play for hours using my imagination. No bills, no worries.
vln004
Guelila wrote:

good list. I miss having a worry free, stress free life. As a child, we don't have to worry much about anything. Now as we get older, the stresses of the real world slowly creep in and we are left with fear and uncertainty of what the fucture will bring. I wish i was young and naive again. And the only things i had to worry about was what to do next to pass the time.
eku53ru
I miss a lot of things from my childhood years. Not having summer homework for school was one of them, even though being a college student changes that (yay for tuition-based schools, I guess). Not having to worry about job and college applications, transfers, and majors are another of the few I miss not having to think about. From my childhood, however, I miss when everyone was into the anime that was out at that time - Dragon Ball, Sailor Moon, and Pokemon. I remember my fifth grade class went as far as making a quilt (normal school tradition-thing) with nothing but Pokemon on it.

Other than that, I miss most of the things that Guelila mentioned in his post. Pimples drive me insane nowadays (even though I have most of the ones on my face under control...somehow), and worrying about my outward appearance is right up there. I never had nap time during school, though; the closest thing I remember was the time-out. XD
KronikSindrome
BARBIES! of course...I played with barbies until I was 10 -- and then i still 'played' with them
by coloring/cutting their hair and making them punk/rock/goth outfits........and sometimes.....
I still play with my niece...so hmmm.......heh...

I miss cheaper movie tickets......and people not looking at you funny for coloring in color books...

I miss saturday morning cartoons.....

now-a-days I'm way too hung over to get up and watch em Wink
Seiji
I miss watching Rocko's Modern Life and Aaaah! Real Monsters and catching Reboot and Ronin Warriors after school.
ennnzo
Seiji wrote:
I miss watching Rocko's Modern Life and Aaaah! Real Monsters and catching Reboot and Ronin Warriors after school.

I so love those shows!! Nick never shows them anymore..
eggg
I miss all the woods that have been cut since I was little. Watching the steady paving of the world is hard.
silverdown
I miss not having to pay for bills Laughing
iamarun
I missed my fahter and its just no in my child hood i miss him every day of my life
I have never seen him in my childhood and i never know how a father look like.
I have missed the love of my father too.

I miss the ****** which use to poke me on my head since it was taller (wild ******) than me it loved poking on my head.

Missed my school times and food i ate along with my friends, i cannot forget the taste of those olden days.

obviously i miss the weather in my childhood which was not polluted.

missed the bank of the river which is 50 foot away from my home.
Tatsumaru
Playing games outside with friends. Stuff like tag in a forest, that was a lot of fun haha. I really don't see my friends much anymore these days, we're all way too busy with school and/or work. Also, easy school. Dang, it's all so freaking hard now Laughing
Guelila
Oh yea and one more thing..

I miss having a nice skin, with not a single pimple on my face! Evil or Very Mad

I need to start doing some skin improvement..
Vlien
I miss the days when there were no intricate love affairs whatsoever!
Chris24
I miss not paying bills, and having not having my wife add to the bills.... Wink
skygaia
I really miss the days when I was so happy for jusr 1 dollar.
ThornsOfSorrow
I miss coming home from school and spending the entire day outside. One of my fondest childhood memories is of myself sitting in a tree and nailing pieces of wood to the trunk. It took me an entire week, but I built a nifty little platform that's still standing today.

I miss getting along with my brother. I don't even talk to him anymore because he's the most disrespectful person I know and his anger problems terrify me (just last night he punched some holes in the wall and ripped apart a doorframe, thus removing his bedroom door from the wall).

I miss not having to worry about school, money, and my entire future. Now I always need to think about the consequences of everything I do (or don't do).

I miss being optimistic.
divinitywolf
I realllllllly miss a lot. i miss the childhood carefree innocence. Most kids didnt have a care in the world. I didn't and i used to get so excited over the smallest things. I enjoyed school and got so much amusement out of the most simplest games. I wish i was still little.
Sarcas
Pretty much what's been said here. long free times, everything cheap, cartoons that are actually worth a damn instead of all the horrible anime ripoffs.
riv_
Free time. When I think about it, childhood wasn't REALLY a walk in the park - it certainly came with it's own set of difficulties and challenges.
But there was definitely enough time (which is certainly not the case now)

I think of the last scene in Winnie the Pooh... Christopher Robin is leaving for school and he and Winnie the Pooh are walking through the Hundred Acre Wood saying goodbye. Pooh says he will most miss the times when Christopher Robin offers him some honey.
Christopher Robin says he will miss "doing nothing together."
pooh asks what that is, and Christopher Robin responds, "when your parents ask, 'what are you doing?' and you say 'nothing,' and then you go out and do it."

I miss that too.
And the time for doing something, also.
skygaia
Sometimes I would dream about time travel. I absolutely know, even if techknowledg develop very high, time travel never happen to us.
So I would just miss my childhood. I'm missing most of my childhood. there were lots of opportunities for me. my present could be changed with my choice and efforts. However I used to come back to real world soon..... I know memory is jus memory..
Bilkers
I miss members of my family that aren't here any more.
russel26
i miss when my mother always kiss me hug me.....coz im a little child.. but when i grow up once a month only Sad
billit
I miss pokémon and my pokémon game boy (color).
I miss my sega mega drive and sonic the hedgehog collection with sonic 1 sonic 2 and dr robotniks bean mean machine Smile
and i miss my father and my mother.
I miss to have a home and feal safe.
I miss to have friends and play with them!... I miss everything SadSadSadSad:

but I'm still young and can still do something with my life Very Happy
sambhav
well i miss my school....the play ground....miss my cat....miss my friends...miss the rains when we used to dance....miss my childhood a lot.
eday2010
Jelly Tots, Saturday morning cartoons, Hostess Potato Chips, Giant Eye Poppers, Transformers, no responsibilities, no internet, no cellphones, more interpersonal communication, Trading cards that came with gum Smile
ankitdatashn
The whole list of things I miss from childhood will be virtually to tell in a limited number of words, but still I will tell them in an abbreviated form.

list:
1:The emotions we have in our childhood becomes less and less as we grow up, this is mainly because the fast speed of life and our professional life.

2:No fear attitude, we are free from social rules but as we grow up we have to follow the community rules and follow ettiquettes, etc

3:Every one caress us when we are small but when we grow up no one is ever concerned much.

4:no exams no tention!!

5:we miss cycling in the evening

6:we miss sitting on shoulders of our parents.

7:we miss our wish being fulfilled by our parents.

8:we miss flirting easily will opposite sex(cuddling-muddling), can't do that easily now!! Wink

9:list goes on...
meet in rio
- Farleys Rusks, fromage frais, sandwiches with the crusts cut off.
- Being able to play properly in the bath. They just don't make them big enough now!
- Being made of rubber and able to fall over/out of trees etc with only a few scratches. I fell of a skateboard last week and wished I was 8 years old and light/bendy again!
- Being swung up in the air holding both my parents' hands.
- Spending time at my grandparents' big old house/going for walks/picnics etc.
raaeft1
I miss eating toffees and chocolates at the corner shop in my locality.
I also miss the patties and channa bhaturas served in the school canteen.
I also fondly reminiscence about the billy bunter novels i read in the school library.
standready
innocence of childhood. Now it's pressure, jaded and no freedom.
deanhills
I miss lying on green grass doing star and moon gazing with not a care in the world.
I miss playing the piano and getting competely lost in it.
I miss being innocent, ignorant and the magic and mystery of not knowing.
Bluedoll
I miss riding my bicycle and thinking I was going somewhere far away from my home on a long mysterious journey.
I miss being worried and freting, afraid to be in trouble for being late for dinner.
pll
I miss the time when I was playing in the snow all day long and when we came back home we had great hot chocolate from my mom!!
I also miss the time that I was building fortress's in the trees!

It was so great ! Cool
hamza1122
i was so innocent when i was little. well i still am....kind of. But yeah i loved the kids television shows back then like Arthur and stuff and now as i get older i watched over some cartoons like Power Rangers and thought....i can't believe i used to watch that lol.

Haha i miss being so "stupid" thinking weird things like watermelon seeds will grow into plants in my stomach and the moon is following me and other stuff like that.
Arty
I miss Wishbone...That dog.
Ghost900
I miss not having a care in the world. Not needing money or anything to make me happy, just having fun and not worrying about anything.
goutha
Being a child for me is being innocent. Not thinking about tomorrow and almost no stress. It's really easy to be happy for a child.

These are things that I miss from my childhood
Greatking
i miss that state when you dont anything evil things and dont see it when people are really suffering and you cant help them. i miss the unknowning state. the carefree and innocent days. but then i thank God i have grown as well cause i know what the devil can do and i know more the love of God and how good he is. its wonderful growiing but one cant help but remember the young days. its all good the childhood days and the growing up.
TurtleShell
I miss having time for myself to work on creative things. Now I clean my apartment and look for new jobs and do my current job and try to make quality of life better for my family, but I rarely get time to spend just for myself, by myself. Someday I hope to get back some time to myself, without great cost to myself or my family.

I also miss my grandma, who was a very important part of my childhood but died about four years ago. I miss drinking gigantic glasses of milk in front of the TV. I miss our family dog, also gone now, but really, I don't "miss" a lot from childhood. I had a good childhood, I think, but that's all behind me now and I don't want to go back or anything like that.
natilovesmike
I miss the fact that I could be totally careless in the world. Somebody was watching over me and I didn't have to worry about anything at all.

I also miss the fact that days seemed to stretch forever and times was so long...you could play and play for hours...and maybe it was just minutes...I don't know but I miss that lack of sense of time.

I miss that I didn't have inhibitions and I could do silly things and people would actually like them. No, as an adult it is harder to smile and laugh and just b carefree in that regard.
Marcuzzo
I miss the 80s? I miss the ness, i miss my grandfather.

beeing a child is the best thing that happened to must of us, but not beeing able to grow up is the worst thing that could happen to any of us.
Parkour_Jarrod
Marcuzzo wrote:
I miss the 80s? I miss the ness, i miss my grandfather.

beeing a child is the best thing that happened to must of us, but not beeing able to grow up is the worst thing that could happen to any of us.

What is childhood? im 16 and i can not recollect my childhood, ive always had worries about the climate, about war about the dead-set evil in the world, i think i missed all of that... carelessness that childhood is ment to bring...
jackprw1
Hello.
I am missing the days of child hood when we all were free from all the worries like to earn, to purchase, etc and just enjoying the life.
raaeft1
I miss eating toffees and chocolates which I used to buy from the corner store.
I miss eating the cheap lunch I used to have at the University coffee house during my college days.
I miss the long walks my friends and I had during my college and early job days.
I miss the long hours I spent learning the ropes of reporting.
soljarag
i miss having NO responsibilities .... just coming home, and playing with friends... that was the life..

and summer vacation!!! that was fun times.. 2 or so months of doing whatever you want

but one thing i DO NOT MISS is school work!
belo-dc-laptop
I missed the day that I'm very innocent, my childhood sweetheart, pokemon and yuyu hakusho, the house that we used to play "family" with my friends Laughing , and the tree that I used to climb and get fruits.
Greatking
i miss those carefree days. when we did not care much what people thought about us. i still have that in me but its not like when i was kid. i mean you did not care if you were the best or not, all did was live life likes its the most beautiful of all.
rafaelplinio
THINGS that I want to come back!!!!!!!!!!

- thundercats new episodes
- dungeons and dragons new episodes
- pushpop!!!
- Punk "a levada da breca"!!!
- not the understanding of banks and credit cards!!..rsrsrsrs...
- the years that I had idea to write a book........ rsrsrs...

I think that these are the things of my past... rsrsrs...

bye!
furtasacra
Things I miss about childhood:

Never waking up with a backache or a hangover
My Snoopy electric toothbrush
Having my mother get season tickets to take me to the symphony and the ballet
My father taking me to the library with him every week
My tree fort
Sometimes I miss my girly foo-foo pink bedroom
Bugs Bunny cartoons without all the violence cut out
Girl Scouts
Not having to work, pay bills, and worry about money (!!!)

Things I don't miss:

Going to bed early when I wasn't tired
Getting picked on in school
My mother dressing me in dorky hand-me-downs
downntheholler
I miss my folks not looking so young...or my kid brothers and sisters not being kids. I miss 3rd grade more than anytime in my life...to slip up behind the prettiest girl in school and pull on the belt of her coat...just so she would chase me around the playground.
To pull a few carrots from the garden, then walk down to the pasture and make a friend of the horse.
To just lay out in the fields and watch the clouds roll over head...thinking if I lived on the river I would raft it like Tom Sawyer did.
What a great and worry free life I had.
RubySlasher
Yeah, I miss the Pokemon obsession too. Also the Sonic the Hedgehog obsession– before all the adults came along and told kids that furries were the devil.
I miss dressing in cute, innocent frilly clothes– clothes for women are all about being hot and mature.
I miss being able to wake up on Saturday mornings to watch cool cartoons.
I miss being able to refill my cup more than two times at fast food restaurants.
I miss being able to climb inside of ridiculously small spaces and popping out to scare people.
I miss the wonderment I used to have towards the world.
I miss having faith in mankind.
Also I miss getting stuff from the Burger King Kid's Club. (Back when they actually gave you free stuff!)
Radar
Simplicity, and less responsibility.

I realise not everything about childhood is ideal, and much of it only seems like that in hindsight, but still. Less responsibility I think I can say without fear of being corrected.
EdCarlo
i miss to play with my real life friend
i miss to play console games
i miss to play like you don't have a problem
czarulit
Having no problems.
sudipbanerjee
I missed my students days, mainly class IX to masters level, all the naughtyness which I and my friends have done on those days.
I have shifted from my childhood place to another place. So i missed my childhood place also.
My first Girlfriend have died in an accident. I missed her also.
paskifire
1. Playing around like there's no tomorrow.
2. Childhood pranks and the victims.
3. Voltes Five and Doraemon.
4. Lullabies.
5. Chugging a bottle of milk 24/7
Very Happy
pscompanies
We all do miss our past lifetime. I meant, when you're in high school, you miss the life in elementary school- and when you're in college, you miss high school.

I too miss my high school life.. doing all the crazy things in the class.. like flocking up the ceiling fan with paperplanes, putting the principal's frame inside the toilet bowl.. switching off staffroom's power outage.. releasing rats inside the lab with girls screaming everywhere..

Well, that was the past, you could only look back at it.. smiling at what you've done... wishing you would go back to that timeframe again...
ankitdatashn
I miss caring those little and cute puppies...
iman
what i miss from childhood?
the innocence.

and the fact that almost anything can make you happy.
deanhills
iman wrote:
the innocence.

Now that is very true. Almost anything can entertain a child. I remember I used to be able to play endlessly with my friends with a small box of Smarties, and dividing all the colours up, right down to cutting some of the smarties in half, or thirds.
guissmo
I miss having the kiddie parties.
Waiting for Santa.
Playing more than studying/working.

And this one too:
Quote:
the innocence.

Insanity
I miss the amazing lack of responsibilities and work that was involved. I can't believe it is so hard to imagine how it was like without having to worry about anything at all. Food was provided to me, I had someone taking care of me almost all the time, so I didn't even have to worry about myself doing something stupid. I had days that I imagine would just be like a very long summer vacation today, involving nothing but playing games or hanging out with friends. I had whole days to just read for fun, and I think that helped me a lot in the future.
nigam
Ghost900 wrote:
I miss not having a care in the world. Not needing money or anything to make me happy, just having fun and not worrying about anything.

I totally agree with this.....when we were still young, all we think is play, play and play....we didn't know what happen to our world those days....we didn't care about it.... and now, we need to work hard to earned money for a living, for our families and those relatives who needs our help as well....it is totally different from our world before....and from our world now...
rewrite
I miss:
- being able to run around playing hide-n-seek non stop for hours.
- Getting away with lots'a things only a child would get away with
- Not having homework, a job, or anything
- My favorite dog, Iris ( I only have one picture of her...and it's falling apart Sad )
- Going to my older brothers High School and flirting with all the girls there (no kidding, Zenith I used to do this all the time. It would bug him big time)
- Being naked
- Showing everyone my baby-boy organs Lol
- Jumping in front of pictures (my favorite)
- 9th grade!!! Man that was my pinnacle. My Zenith!

Ahh... how I wish I had another chance to go back.. I may have been a lot nicer knowing what I know now (assuming I could even keep my memories)
pll
I miss Sunday morning's with my brother. We woke up at something like 6 o'clock and we watched animes & comics unetil' 10 AM. Then we were getting out to see our friends and spend all day long with those friends.

And this loop was restarting every weekends.
goutha
Nice to read you again pll.

What I miss the most is that innocence, you don't have to think about anything, just have fun and study a bit. Now as an adult, I have a lot of responsabilities and I miss my childhood from time to time Smile (but not all the time...)

pll wrote:
I miss Sunday morning's with my brother. We woke up at something like 6 o'clock and we watched animes & comics unetil' 10 AM. Then we were getting out to see our friends and spend all day long with those friends.

And this loop was restarting every weekends.
Arty
I miss being able to play with simple toys for hours on end.
cemycc
Relax, you will find new things to do Smile
Like goutha says, i miss the innocence: you don`t need to think about anything, just have fun and study a bit.
lightwate
- I miss all the cartoons and animes I used to watch as a kid (pokemon, ghost fighter, hunter x hunter, etc)
- I miss not having to worry about how everyone thinks about you
- I miss not having to worry about the problems we have today
- and yes, i miss the innocence Razz
Greatking
I miss the carefree things that i used to do, how we used to run around the house playing and not taking responsibility for the things we do.
Parkour_Jarrod
I miss not suffering Severe Depression...
airh3ad
I missed playing in our yard, missed my playmates my batch in elementary.