FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Internet radio

nolag
Hi , Me and a couple of people have decided to get together an internet radio for the gaming community. Not just for the gaming community for everyone, but mainly aimed at gamers. I was just wondering really if anyone hear was interested in listening in if we to get it up. At the moment we are on the edge of whether we should actually get it up or not. If you would like it to go ahead could you please email me on thebobdillen@hotmail.com or pm or post me on this forum. We will also be having prizes to give away with first listeners and calls what have you.
Anyway cant say more or it will look like i am spamming, but you get the idea.
Thanks
Subzero
pudovkin
Great iniciative!
As I use to say: you are your tool! Make your ideas get happen!
ashfame
i would luv to be a listener but my net is damn slow : 64Kbps, the quality will suffer! Embarassed
vitorpacheco
I had an Internet Radio once, but you gotta have a HIGHER SPEED CONNECTION...if you want 10+ people listen to it.
Dean_The_Great
It's a great idea. How many people do you have working on it? Are you going for 24/7 broadcasting?

Is it all going to be talk? Or music? What kinds of programming with there be?

Hitting the gaming demographic sounds like a wonderful idea, if you can get it working in a way that will entice listeners.
legion
This sounds interesting. Just post the link when it's done. Anxious
killa
u better have the money cuzz it is alot me and my homie just made one our url is http://community.loudcity.com/stations/power955/tune_in
just gets expensive and u must learn how to do it and have a comp on for the stream to flow 24/7. i recommend to use shoutcast for ur prossesin
Ducksteina
Sounds very interesting...
Please post the link when the stream is running!

BTW: What kind of music will be played? I hope there's some House or Metal!
Insanity
Speaking of internet radio, has anyone heard of a new proposed law or something that would require internet radio stations to pay relatively huge royalties just for playing music, similar to AM/FM radio stations?
ChrisCh
Insanity wrote:
Speaking of internet radio, has anyone heard of a new proposed law or something that would require internet radio stations to pay relatively huge royalties just for playing music, similar to AM/FM radio stations?

I have, but the exact law depends on which country you're from. Normally, internet radio stations are supposed to pay license fees for the music that they play. In some countries, doing so without a license can incur heavy penalties Wink
killa
ChrisCh wrote:
Insanity wrote:

I have, but the exact law depends on which country you're from. Normally, internet radio stations are supposed to pay license fees for the music that they play. In some countries, doing so without a license can incur heavy penalties Wink

That law was not passed we won that case for now. me and my Friend are not paying for these "license fees", or "relatively huge royalties". And if our Voice is heard correctly like it is right now we wont need to worry about that.
molif
this is a good idea! but you really need lots of bandwidth..
killa
well not true if u can find someone that will host you like loudcity.com u dont need that much for the site just for the stream which someppl get the money from the stream itself. we just got lucky the thing is u need a fast ass comp to keep the stream running all night long for good quality sound
achene
Sounds like a lot of work.

But keep it up, sounds cool.

- Achene
Patriot Players
Atm theres also a big issue about internet radio and US law. Compensation issues that may lead to a lot of internet radio (that is based in the US) shutting down due to exorbitant fees that they will be forced to pay. I for one am really hoping this doesnt happen.
joethebreakdown@yahoo.com
It's a great idea!

What do you plan to use for the radio? Shoutcast? Or something similar?

Well good luck, and I will be watching out for you internet radio station!

-Joe <3
Azerot
This can help you:
www.listen2myradio.com

This site hosts free shoutcast. It will be great for the begining.
I had a radio station but, it was... not popular, 15 listeners max, so i closed it :/