FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Rottweiler lover

budazz
ANy one here loves the rottweiler ?... im planning to get one... pls. post any comment about this dog... and experiences if you have one Cool
xanarulz
lol I have an experience, more like my aunt, they used to have a rottweiler and had him chained in the back yard, but one day he got loose and bit my aunt in the leg and her leg was marked for a LONG time lol, anyway if you plan to get one make sure u train it to not attack people (especially your own family)
gh0stface
I love rottweielers. They are extremely loyal dogs if you are able to socialize and train them properly. They are intimidating dogs but also very loving. Just remember, a dogs temperament reflects the owner. That is why a lot of pitbulls and rottweilers get such bad publicity. In general Rottweilers are fond of children, very devoted, quick to learn, and eager to please. They are typically very bright dogs. Rottweilers are playful animals who may frequently demand attention from their owners.

They are extremely strong dogs, so it is definitely best to train them or have them trained.
budazz
xanarulz wrote:
lol I have an experience, more like my aunt, they used to have a rottweiler and had him chained in the back yard, but one day he got loose and bit my aunt in the leg and her leg was marked for a LONG time lol, anyway if you plan to get one make sure u train it to not attack people (especially your own family)

maybe your aunt's rott is not trained or socialized properly,.,,, ny way,,, every dog deserves love.. any other comments pls.. Very Happy
paul_indo
xanarulz wrote:

Say's it all.

I have had a Rottweiller for over 4 years and she has never bitten anyone. She plays with my friends 2 year old daughter and my wifes 6 year old brother and has never hurt anyone. She lives in the house and sleeps in our bedroom.

If you want a Rottweiller as a pet then treat it as a pet, love it and look after it.

If you want one for a guard dog chain it in the yard and it will definetly become grumpy and bite people.

They actually are a very affectionate dog but they need a lot of affection too so if you can't give it to your dog then don't get a Rottweiller or it may not be a suitable dog for you.
budazz
yeah your right there ... they say rotts are natural people dog... so we need to treat them good... and not just for protection..
Molle
Uh, I have one myself. She's extreamly crazy, and eats almost everything she finds. Like my floor. She ate some of that. Razz She's 3 years old, small for her age, and looks like most rottweilers do.

Rottweilers is a lot of work, and can be extreamly dangerous if you don't pay attention to them. I've been at many classes to learn how to "raise" a rottweiler, and that kind of stuff. But I love them anyway, they are a lot of fun.