FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

PHP Image Upload (MySQL/Folder)

tehk
I've only been able to find scripts/tutorials that have an image uploaded to a database or a folder, and never both. Doesn't it take alot of space to have an image uploaded only to a database? I'm sure uploading on image to both a database and folder is possible, but for some reason, no scripts can do it. Can anyone help me with this problem? Thanks alot.
kv
you should be able to copy/paste from both of the scripts and come out with your own script which can upload to both database and folder. Why do you want to store the same information in 2 places?
Lacoste
first, save your uploaded file to local server's directory, then add local file to database, so you have now local file and database record.
tehk
But how do sites do it though. Where you upload something and you can add text to it and it all appears there when you view the page. That's basically what I want to do. Like if you where to upload an avatar to any forum, it would appear there. I think that involves databasing + uploading the file to a folder.
simplyw00x
Upload it as normal (to a folder), but add some code to insert into a table (database), the name of the file, its location and comment/description, etc. I can make one for you if you want.