FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Where do I find a tutorial? How can I build my site?

EanofAthenasPrime
Okay, I just got my site. Now I don't know what to do, how do I start creating my site? I need a tutorial! Surprised
wylieconlon
Well, I just got mine too, but it's pretty simple. Assuming you already know html and have a site in mind, you need to go to the directadmin page for your site. That lets you upload files, check the email addresses involved with your domain, and otherwise manage your site. The link for this is in the email you got when you set up the domain: mine is here. Using the username and password provided in that same confirmation email, you can log in. I'd advise that you change your password.

Once you have that done, go to the file manager, then the public_html directory, and that's where you can begin to upload your files. If you need any more help, feel free to ask.
samay
Ok. Do have the knowledge of PHP/MySQL, HTML, Javascript ??

If not then please refer to http://www.w3schools.com, http://htmlite.com.

HTML is used to create static web pages, which PHP is used to create dynamic webpages.

What kind of site do you wish to create ???
EanofAthenasPrime
both lol, but I am a noob so like, all I have to do I just code some html, upload it as a file, and voila, my website has pages? lol
Tumbleweed
Its well worth your time looking into cms's (content management systems)
even if you dont use one they are an easy way to get a little familier with the unseen side of websites ......PHP fusion I found about the easiest to install
EanofAthenasPrime
thanks