FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

My name is Mike

mike4652
I enjoy web and graphic design, not that I am any good at it I just like it.
It always helps me relax. Lately I have been learning css and using layers instead of tables.
I always like to try out new design software when it is free or a trial version.
I started playing around with HTML about 4 years ago. The best teacher
that I have had is viewing the source code of other sites to see how they get
a certain layout.
Call me crazy or what! I just enjoy building web sites and learning new things.
wistom
oh , you re a strong man. can do such thing . i cant that so.
criticaldensity
Hi Mike and welcome.
I agree, making websites is fun
mengshi200
yes,i agree with your view.hope we make good friends.
tidruG
Hi Mike. Welcome to Frihost. I enjoy making websites too, but recently I've begun enjoying posting on this board a lot more... Very Happy

Anyway, if you like making websites, I'm sure you're going to like Frihost's hosting, especially the fact that there are not ads on your site, so your pages look exactly like how you design them. Very Happy
Tiger
mike4652 wrote:
I enjoy web and graphic design, not that I am any good at it I just like it. It always helps me relax. Lately I have been learning css and using layers instead of tables. Call me crazy or what! I just enjoy building web sites and learning new things.

Hiya Mike!

My real name is Trevor. Seems we have a similar 'hobby'. The thing is that my wife complains that I spend too much time designing sites that don't actually earn me money. But for me, the process is fascinating and I like to test myself and see what I can produce.

Recently, I became interested in the 'power' of Wiki! I have downloaded about 6 or 7 php scripts, ranging in size from about 48 kb to more than 1 Mb. I know about MediaWiki (as in WikiPedia), but that's too large and doesn't have enough documentation.

I have also tried out a few portals and CMSes - Mambo used to ne my favourite, but I've just dumped it in favour of something else.

Anyway - nice to meet ya! I'm sure we'll see more of each other around here.
mike4652
Thanks All for the welcome. I can see that I have found a new home here at frihost. I dont have my site up yet just a small note introducing my site. But I have had a chance to look around the control panel. They sure do give alot for free. I can't wait untill I get my site up and give back a little of what has been given to me. I will be posting backgrounds that I make and other graphics and html templates. Laughing
Quote:
But for me, the process is fascinating and I like to test myself and see what I can produce

That is what has had me interested for the past 4 years or so. I don't make much money at it but I sure like to spend my free time trying out new layouts and graphics. Shocked
izimngcubes15
Hi and welcome to the forums! ^_^ I'm kind of new here too, so yeah I'm a newbie! Very Happy
nunosilva
mike, you're not crazy... I agree with that. It's a very nice way to learn coding... I've done that to see how to make a red bar that www.hotscripts.com have! Very Happy
ashen
Hi Mike! Nice to meet you! Building websites is fun!