FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

special domain

nolag
anyone know why special domains e.g can.com and with.com and urban.com cost so much. Also does anyone know where i can get them cheap?
Hogwarts
Can.com... It's three letters long and it's a word.. Supply and demand. There are only so many one-word and three-letter (LLL) domains on the internet, so you can only wonder why they're so expensive... It's like selling the last million litres of oil, which'd obviously cost alot.

If you could get any of those cheap ("Cheap" meaning under $50000 USD), I'll eat my hat.
k_s_baskar
nolag wrote:
anyone know why special domains e.g can.com and with.com and urban.com cost so much. Also does anyone know where i can get them cheap?

Usually domains with familer words will be too expensive bcoz this type of domain names will not be avail for fresh registration.

in some occations this TLD's come to action, due to demand it will be expensive.

If you have luck you can get some familer tld for normal price (i.e $8 to $15 for .com) while it dropped by the previous owner.

You can check dropped domains list daily at http://www.enom.com

Smile
dude_xyx
Because there is a high demand for one word domain names. Everyone wants then so the price goes high. You can buy them from other domainors. It would be once a blue moon if you able to register a domain like that. everything is already registered by someone.