FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Help for new users

ocalhoun
When you're not logged in, you see the section on the index that tells you how to get a hosting account, and that requests are currently open.

I would suggest adding to this a line that tells the average time it is currently taking for a hosting account to be approved.
This could even be calculated by the server for convenience.
Scorpio
There is such a sticky in the web hosting support forum, but I quite doubt that even anyone looks at it. We get posts all the time asking for the time taken..

This would be a good measure.. But unless the message is shown to their face, most wont bother reading it.
babumuchhala
I also give my thumbs up for this suggestion. We could just say that in the brackets like

(It takes a maximum of 72 hrs to approve a request)

That will help a lot, get this done bondings.
Animal
Unfortunately, the time it takes to approve requests varies and has to be estimated by a staff member - the reason it's currently in a forum post is that we can all edit the post and update the approximate waiting time. This can't be done automatically, unfortunately, and Bondings is (I'd guess) far too busy to edit some html every time the account queue changes.

There are also additional complications - generally, foreign language users' requests take longer to process due to the required input from the language mods, so we can't give a particularly accurate estimate. Again, it depends how many applications we receive and how much spare time we all have to handle the accounts. For those reasons, it will unfortunately be impossible to have an accurate "current waiting time" displayed for members automatically.

However, I think the suggestion is generally a good one and the inclusion of a link stating "click here to see the current average waiting time" with a link to the thread would be helpful.
babumuchhala
Animal wrote:
However, I think the suggestion is generally a good one and the inclusion of a link stating "click here to see the current average waiting time" with a link to the thread would be helpful.
That I think would be and is the best solution.

And I think bonding should have that 2 minutes to do these changes.