FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

new pet

jon9314
got some new pets!!
got a 45 gallon aquarium from my parents and filled it with a couple african cichlids and a south american cichlid.
i have live plants and three filters(cichlids are verry messy)
hopfully i can upgrade my tank in the future.
crdowner
Wow! How big are your cichlids? Three fish in a 45 gallon tank sounds pretty sparse. I have not tried to raise any larger fish. The biggest tank I worked with was 30 gallons. A friend gave me guppies to get me started years ago. I killed quite a few while learning the ropes but afterwards I successfully bred guppies for a while. I never had much luck with store bought fish. Most of mine died within a few months.
Daisie
wtg on getting your tank!
I m a big fan of guppies, low maintenance, breed like bunnies and look pretty to watch. Never tried anything else really (shame on me...).
All the best with you tank, keep us informed !
Rico
got any photo's of your cichlids. and how do you pet a fish or is calling them pets just a figure of speech? I had fish when i was little. They had a depressing effect on my emotion, wonder why? have fun with your cichlids, it must be an aesthetic thing perhaps? some say they have a calming effect - or is it just a thing of having living things around, I can get that. on the other hand I really like those fat goldfish, but if i had some i'd like to take them out and squeeze them a little (not hurting- like fish hugs, can you do that?) I had a carp once, it lived in the fish pond - hey where can I get some catfish fingerlings for my pool?