FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

e-Commerce (for software)

daviosoftware
Does someone have experience in this kind of stuff? Please help me understand the process and what the best way to sell my applications is.

Thanks!
lightsout
I'd say your number one overall thing to focus on would be just to get traffic to your website. Just by pure statistics, you are bound to make sales. Once you get the traffic going you should definitely fine-tune some things on your website, and hopefully you will be able to really increase your profits.
jmwarshay
It would be helpful to have reviews of your product by various sources. If your software is of a general nature, PC World, PC Mag and other sites might be interested to look at it. If your software is of a more specialized nature, focus on sites that concern it. For example, if you are writing software for a PDA, there are many websites that have reviews.

Getting a review on one or more websites will increase the chances someone will consider it as well as the number of hits by search engines. Try the technology reporter in your local newspaper, too.

Don't have a friend write a PR piece as a review. Get an independent review, that way it will be more credible (and honest).

Hope this helps.
BlockUp
Hmm, firstly, get your business to sell its products online. An open source program like os-Commerce could help you do this for free. But spreading knowledge of the sites existence is also important, but I don't know much about that...
bigt
daviosoftware wrote:
Does someone have experience in this kind of stuff? Please help me understand the process and what the best way to sell my applications is.

Thanks!

First, make sure you know what your target market is and think of ways to appeal to it. Then, implement your marketing plan and let your product do the rest. The market will do the rest. Good luck.