FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Suikoden

bickers
I was just reminiscing about the first couple Suikoden games, and wow, what an amazing series. Not all the games are quite perfect, but if you're looking for RPGs with depth in terms of plot, characters and history, look no further than this.

Gonna have to say Suikoden II is my favorite (and is actually my favorite RPG of all time). There are really some moments that just blew me away when I first played through them, and the game as a whole probably impacted me more emotionally than any other one I've ever played.

So anyone else as fond of these games as I am?
JavaAppleT
Oh yes! Oh yes!
Suikoden II is my favourite too!
I've only played Suikoden I, Suikoden II and Suikoden III.
Collected the SuikoGaiden I and II as well, but never actually played it.
I just love the musics from Suikoden II, the theme from Two Rivers are my favourite! Very Happy
Also, I've collected the Suikoden III manga. Beautiful, beautiful drawings!
McDucque
I've only played 1, 2, and 3 myself, cause I heard 4 and 5 were awful, and I hadnt beaten 3 anyways.

I was lucky enough to find a copy of 2 at a flea market for a couple of dollars Very Happy its really valuable.
Kelcey
I didn't like Suikoden 1. I loathed 4. 3 was... okay at best. 5 was pretty good.

However, 2 was friggin' amazing. It is one of my favorite games of all time. I wish they could make all suikodens that good.
blk3
I played Suikoden II on the first Playstation years ago. Its a great game lots of characters, and combinations. I remember that I wasn't able to get all the characters then. I might pick it up again sometime.
Kelcey
Yeah I tried getting all the characters... I got like 97. FAILURE! Sad
Ghengis
Does anybody know if these games work on the PSP using EO firmware? I'd like to try them (I never had a PS1, and neglected a lot of PS1 games when I got my PS2), but I don't have a lot of time to spend on "at-home" consoles right now.

I'll add these to my (very large!) to-play list.
kicy
I really love suikoden II, three really sucked, I just felt really bored playing it. Suikoden Tactics is ok, it was fun to play when I was bored.