FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Prayers

dream
hi all

I am starting a prayer thread where anybody can request other to pray for them. though I am not sure about the other members but i assure you that I will pray for you.
prayer has given me a new life when I was thinking of suicide at the age of 15.
hope this forum help you in your personal and spiritual life.
jipmerite
That might depend on what God you would be praying to, right? Wink
dream
it depends on your faith.
it doesnt matter which god you are praying. for me all gods are one. its just we who called him with different names.
spinout
Don't forget that we all are one... and also probably one with god (as jesus ant others said...).

If you pray deep enough I've heard that you actually can see your own beeing (soul) as a glowing 'thing'...

Many of my more religious friends can directly 'speek' with god/jesus and get an instant answer in their heads. I use joke with 'em to send my greetings - they always answer that I got a greeting back Laughing
Mannix
jipmerite wrote:
That might depend on what God you would be praying to, right? Wink

Not at all really... ...If they've got the wrong one, it will be powerless, eh?

...Might be possible with polytheism... ...But that sure doesn't seem to be the rage these days...
loryl
If I worshipped Satan, would you still want me to pray for you? Shocked
dream
loryl wrote:
If I worshipped Satan, would you still want me to pray for you? Shocked

as you wish
if you belive your satan hears you then you can pray to him.
LimpFish
well yea this is a matter of if you're into a monotheistic or polytheistic religion I guess... say christians and muslims, would never agree that it's all the same God with different names. I sure don't :/ But I totally believe in the power of prayer though! And also the possibility to pray to the "evil side" and to some extent receive answers, just read the bible, for example what faraos "wizards" did and stuff...
loyal
LimpFish wrote:
...christians and muslims, would never agree that it's all the same God with different names. I sure don't :/ ...

Which Muslims are you talking about?

All the Muslims i've ever met know and acknowledge that Christians and Muslims and Jews worship the same God.

I certainly agree that Yahweh is Allah. Did you know Allah in hebrew becomes Eloh which is another Name for God in Judaism (Elohim [plural majesticas]).

------------may God bless you Smile
Seanwang
Well... all god are the same and no matter which god you pray to, as long as it helps, it helps! Because it is not the god that helps but it is you yourself.

I do not know what is the concept of praying in each individual religion teaching but I think that all are the same in seeking for a place for guidance, etc. A religion provide the guidance and teaching, the fundamental. And for us, we pray, concentrate and find truth from the fundamental. All praying is all up "here" and it is our mind that all praying goes and it is the one that answer our prayers.
livilou
dream wrote:
hi all

I am starting a prayer thread where anybody can request other to pray for them. though I am not sure about the other members but i assure you that I will pray for you.
prayer has given me a new life when I was thinking of suicide at the age of 15.
hope this forum help you in your personal and spiritual life.

Thank you for your offer. I will definitely keep it in mind and I want you to know it is much apprecaited. Also remember, if you need prayer, please let me know and I will pray for you.
raaeft1
My prayer request

Please pray that my house rent problem is resolved forever.
Please pray my office sends my payments/reimbursements.
Please pray my office immeditely sends funds to enable me to pay electricity bill.