FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

summer!

xtxtx91x
ok so i just wanted to be nosy andsee how peoples summers are or what you plan on doing so i can get ideas for my self
but.... i most likely will not be doing anything because i have stupid summer school but anyways lol yeah im just bored and want to be nosy! :]
blackheart
Well, it's winter and only about 14 everyday... and rains all the time even though we're in the middle of a drought (water catchments at less than 30 %).

But I'm getting a french exchange student on the 30th (the first day of holidays) and am taking her to queensland for the last of her four weeks. Oh, and come August 4 some mates and I are running a gig. But yesh... that and some little things inbetween - gigs, shopping, etc - and that's my life.
xtxtx91x
blackheart wrote:
Well, it's winter and only about 14 everyday... and rains all the time even though we're in the middle of a drought (water catchments at less than 30 %).

But I'm getting a french exchange student on the 30th (the first day of holidays) and am taking her to queensland for the last of her four weeks. Oh, and come August 4 some mates and I are running a gig. But yesh... that and some little things inbetween - gigs, shopping, etc - and that's my life.

wow i hate winter i wouldnt be able to stand that. french exchange students are cool well that sound fun with the gig and all. hopefully you have a great time Very Happy
toughtrio
I already am enjoying it to the fullest. In Dubai right now for the holidays.. Hot place this is.. But yeah, malls and other stuff, they are cool here..

It REALLY is difficult to catch up wid internet and frihost here, as my points already show. Anyways, I'll resume my commitment in a while, as my friends allow me to Wink

Well, those were just a few tid-bits about my holidays.. C'mon everyone, tell us how you people are enjoying it out there.
Jack_Hammer
Get a summer job:-
Learn to drive, a car, landrover, landrover ( V8 ), trailer, minibus, HGV and tracked vehicals.

Though I'd actually be driving:-

Save money before college.
unknownc1c
lol nice jack hammer

I'm just going to relax, sit back and do nothing pretty much lol. I have my first year in college starting in august, so basically just relax and prepare for that. Maybe go out and hang with a few of my friends before we go our seperate ways and pretty much never see each other again :p lol. Some time soon i probably have to get a job so i can pay for insurance when/if i take my car down to the college i'm going to.
xtxtx91x
yeah this summer im getting a job and learning how to drive
also im having my sweet sixteen in july but my birthday really isnt until october lol
hmmm....
so it sounds like everyone so far has fun plans :]
coolclay
Work, work, work, sleep, eat, bath, work, work, work, church, work, work, and will you get the idea. But I have 3 trip/vacations planned luckily, I am leading 2 fossil expeditions to find fossil shark teeth, and I am also going on a fishing trip to Ontario.
Vanilla
blackheart wrote:

Here in Brazil is winter too, but we don't have a real problema with cold weather... Ou winter is really hot!

So, as a real nerd, I'm going to stay home and put my virtual portfolio online. I'll also take care of my two weblogs e spend as much time as I can on the internet. Cool
Vrythramax
I'm stuck working through the entire summer (which today is the first official calendar day of summer), I use my vacation time taking care of personal matters.
missdixy
Sleeping in, writing letters, reading, hanging out. Relaxing before college!
thealpha
Struggling with the poor summer course...><
I want to play...don't want to have the crazy examination.
ThornsOfSorrow
Today marks the end of my first month of summer vacation, and it's been rather uneventful so far. It will probably remain that way until I go back to school, but I don't mind. I was originally going to get a job, but I decided not to, as my first year of college was exhausting and I'd like to relax as much as possible before going back. Because of that, I can't spend my summer doing anything expensive, but once in a while I'll actually manage to dig up some money to do something fun with my friends. For example, I'll be going to the zoo tomorrow. Very Happy So, to end the rambling: My summer consists of playing video games, seeing friends, and painting...boring, but also stress-free.
xkobram
xtxtx91x wrote:
yeah this summer im getting a job and learning how to drivealso im having my sweet sixteen in july but my birthday really isnt until october lol
hmmm....

Hmm, learn to drive, I'm already sixteen and in my country people may not drive until eighteen, except smaller motorcycles.

But we can drink alc. from 18. But everyone drinks before 18 and I'm sure you do so.
xtxtx91x
coolclay wrote:
I am leading 2 fossil expeditions to find fossil shark teeth, and I am also going on a fishing trip to Ontario.

wow thats really cool :]
xtxtx91x
xkobram wrote:
xtxtx91x wrote:
yeah this summer im getting a job and learning how to drive also im having my sweet sixteen in july but my birthday really isnt until october lol
hmmm....

Hmm, learn to drive, I'm already sixteen and in my country people may not drive until eighteen, except smaller motorcycles.

wow that sucks
this october im getting y drivers license and my motorcycle license
xkobram wrote:

But we can drink alc. from 18. But everyone drinks before 18 and I'm sure you do so.

OMG we cant drink till we are 21 but yeah people usually start drinking when they are 13 here sometimes earlier
datter
Getting my motorcycle together and running, spending a lot of time with my kids/family and very possibly buying a house. That's enough for one summer I think. Smile
OutlawSpirit
probably going to just chill, get some money 2gether... nothin planned, not going away or anything unfortunatly, but will just have a laugh i guess
erlendhg
First, my parents go one week to Gran Canaria Very Happy
...without me Razz

Then I am alone at home for one week.
You see, I have to take care of our dog, when everybody else has left.
Then my father comes home to watch the dog Smile, and I go one week to Gran Canaria Very Happy
And after that week, I go one week to Oslo, to visit my brother Smile

And after that, the rest of the summer is un-scheduled.
xtxtx91x
erlendhg wrote:
First, my parents go one week to Gran Canaria Very Happy
...without me Razz

Then I am alone at home for one week.
Then my father comes home, and I go one week to Gran Canaria Very Happy
And after that week, I go one week to Oslo, to visit my brother Smile

And after that, the rest of the summer is un-scheduled.

wow i wish my parents left me home alone for one week!
lol
*sigh*
i still have to go to summer school for math because i didnt pass my final
but....
YAY i passed global so one less class i have to go to summer school for which means less time in school this summer!
YAY!!!
well most of the summer im going to be working on my website any ways! i have to make sure i keep posting this summer top because that would really suck if i ran out of frih points! Shocked lol
TruPain
Well, my summer isn't going to be too different than any other day of the year... I still have to work.

Only major difference is that my daughter is home more and she has summer school as well, but is only gone from 8am til noon. So I guess I get to spend more of the day with her, which is always a good thing.
Liu
Just graduated from college and I'll be working full time.

Hmm.. maybe I should've cherished those 3 month summers with tons of free time.
darrenpaul
Well my summer is going to be a mix of work, play and general enjoyment, with a tid bit of education
a.Bird
Spray painting stencils, learning good recipes and cooking a lot of new foods, making a light emitting drawing table for tracing and sketch refinements, watching movies I've waited too long to see, enjoying beautiful, clear nights while they are available in my town, making large poster board collages to cover my bare white apartment walls, learning about bicycles at a local free bike repair shop and eventually earning hours to trade in for my own bike, and anything else that I think of next.
vinx_18
We have just ended up our summer and we've just welcome the months of rainy season. Actually, our country has only two season; the wet and dry season. It's pretty cool place here... not so hot not so cold.

Anyways, I spent my summer on a vacation in our province and spent all the summertime on work. Smile
Hunterseaker
How my summer is gonna look like:
I'm first going to relax one week, after that I'm going to work for a couple of weeks and after that I'm going on a well earned holiday. and when my vacation is over, I have to go to school again, and school is not a real good place to enjoy summer......
[FuN]goku
well ... probly laze around, become nocturnal like i do every summer... i sleep till 2:00 pm then stay up till 4:00 am if i feel like it, get a job.... play WoW, code programs, start a new site.....

Yeah thats my boring summer ^^
standready
As usual - work. Vacation will be spent at the museum for the board meetings, expansion plan meeting and working one of the weekend special events. Can you say FUN!!!
Aless
It's not summer...I wore a jacket to work yesterday & our bedroom was COLD all evening! London weather is a bit crazy right now, so we're just waiting for those sweltering temperatures to hit us like they did in April. I think the months switched places, since I got sunburnt at Easter & am chivering in June!
xtxtx91x
Aless wrote:
It's not summer...I wore a jacket to work yesterday & our bedroom was COLD all evening! London weather is a bit crazy right now, so we're just waiting for those sweltering temperatures to hit us like they did in April. I think the months switched places, since I got sunburnt at Easter & am chivering in June!

wow! that was the same here but now its way hotter its as if we had winter for maybe three weeks and the rest was summer its very odd how the weather has been acting lately.
missdixy
I am running away to Missouri for a week in July (my mother thinks i'm going to visit a college but....no lol) and for now, I started a summer project that is keeping me busy. That, plus forums.
darvit
I'm still studying. Laughing

I've completed two summer session courses in the past month, and I'm in the process of completing yet another one. I get a two-week break before I get back to school for the Fall semester, and I guess I'll go somewhere far away during that time. Razz

Aside from school work and laziness in between, I guess I'll have more time for web design. ^_^ I have a few projects lined up--I just need more time, that's all. Very Happy
xtxtx91x
well i now added some more to my summer
i have to try to see my soon to be boyfriend as much ass possible without my parents knowing we are going out because hes too old for me but only by 3 years lol
plus i have to study study study study study study! lol
also i have to find a job still!
and hopefully have some fun! lol
windrei
i will have my annual leave in summer, most probably in august. i planned to go travelling to a nearby country -- Korea, but after i calculated on the expenses, i gave up... i wanna spend 10 more days there, but it's quite expensive.... now i can only stay in Hong Kong for these more than 10 days holiday... i may spend half of the time with my love. For the other half, i am still thinking whether to make a short video film or not, or writing a story that i have been thinking for long.~~
wexaz
what all you going to do on summer? Smile
xtxtx91x
hmmm i think this summer i really need to sort my life out because lately everything is such a big disaster and i dont know what to do anymore!
woodenbrick
I'm going to the black sea on Thursday, just for a week. No doubt i'll get extremely sunburnt like last year. Other than that, i'm just going to take it easy and relax in the new airconditioned lounge.. Very Happy
vendetta50
my summer vacation started more then a month ago! I got out at may 16th w00t for me! My school always seems to get out earlier then others. But that doesn't mean we stupid. I'm working at Journeys now if any of you have heard of it before. And its really boring. Only $5.00 an hour too! Pff oh well.. Rolling Eyes
Helios
I'm not doing anything special actually.
You know, working, studying...
Maybe I'll travel abroad in September (Moscow).
I will have more free time in August though, so I'll probably work more on my sites and study.
pll
I got summer class (with Maths Crying or Very sad ). I also want a summer job Smile
and then :

woodenbrick wrote:
i'm just going to take it easy and relax

I'll do same as you!!!
kevin briggs
well it is ment to be summer here in northern ireland but we have had record amounts of rain.
we seem to get a good spell of a couple of days at the start of summer and everyone thinks we our on the way for a record breaking hot summer then the rain comes and it has'nt been dry in weeks.
typical weather in great britain
tefa_taftaf2010
summer
this word means alot to me because it's the chance to do what i couldn't do in the period of education
i decided to learn music and playing keyboard ( not the key board of the computer Laughing Laughing Laughing )
and it's the time of the sport
summer vacation is the best thing in all the world,only if you still student Laughing Laughing Laughing
Hammy
Summer.. Haha, yeh right.
Over here in english, theres like some weird summer rainfall 24/7. It's rather odd, Months of rainfall in a single day. I dont mind the rain tho Smile tis quite nice and relaxing sitting on my window cill at night.

Anyways, i'm not doing anything this summer, probably just work and try to get some money so that i can go out some time. Lucky for all your people who go on holiday Sad i wish someone would take me with them :p
Seiorai
Hmm..my summer is probably going to be like this;

--->First, relax.

--->Then...relax

--->And after that...no more relaxing, recaps for autumn term begin so ...all the 2 months of relaxing must be enough for one year of school >.<
Vrythramax
Seiorai wrote:
Hmm..my summer is probably going to be like this;

--->First, relax.

--->Then...relax

--->And after that...no more relaxing, recaps for autumn term begin so ...all the 2 months of relaxing must be enough for one year of school >.<

And a week, for some 2 weeks is enough time off working to be able to keep paying the bills.
Fuzzy-Duck
This summer I will mostly be working, sleeping and going away for as many weekends as I possibly can! Lots of little holidays rather than one big one - makes it seem like more time off hehe!! Even if they're just little overnight stays in another area of the country, going up to the lakes (district, Lancs, UK for most of you) for a couple of nights or down to the Peak District of the Forest of Dean even!

Jack_Hammer wrote:
Get a summer job:-
Learn to drive, a car, landrover, landrover ( V8 ), trailer, minibus, HGV and tracked vehicals.

Though I'd actually be driving:-

Save money before college.

Jack!! How, and more importantly, where do you get to learn to drive these wonderful things?! Please don't say the army Sad

Cheers,
fuzzy
skygaia
Summer is great season. Especially for some canadian having long winter : about 6 month and more
vonboy
well i'm one of those people who hates the summer and loves winter. thats realy wierd coming out of a guy whos spent his whole life in texas Shocked . i guess i would rather have the 3 or so months off in winter so i could realy enjoy it. not that i hate summer vacation, ofcourse Laughing . i was going to try to get a job this summer, but it didn't realy work out that way, so now i have tons of free time lol.
balticJay
taking the kids out mostly to the seaside if we get the weather, relaxing, spending time with my friends and family and having barbacues.
xtxtx91x
yeah i haven't been on in a long time.
at the end of my summer right before school started back up i shattered my knee.
so i get to miss the first six weeks of school.
which really is not fair seeing how i was really ready to go to school.
Sad Evil or Very Mad
rlzd
Actually, I haven't done much since I just enjoy taking it easy, maybe going to the beach, being there for some hours and so on.
Zombie
I miss summer like the moon misses the stars. And we never did anything worth while when we were together. Until we meet again my mistress...
xtxtx91x
MY SUMMER OFFICIALLY SUCKED THIS YEAR!!
the beginning was bad my bf broke up with me

the the middle i did nothing

and at the end i broke my knee.

so yeah thats all really.
Evil or Very Mad
watersoul
Brilliant Summer, spent nearly every day at the beach Smile
...sad event last week though, the symbolic first day of wearing wearing trainers instead of flip-flops on my feet happened as its wet n cold again. Back to university now so not that disappointed really. If we didn't have such mostly rubbish weather here in the UK maybe I wouldn't truly appreciate the lovely lovely season that every summer is!