FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

If you went back in time

truespeed
If you went back in time to the stone age,would you be able to advance their society,and if so how?
Jack_Hammer
The wheel, fire, buildings...
Wink
toughtrio
Well, being in Dubai for more than a week now, and being away from my desktop PC and the fast internet connection I had back at my house, and paying an expensive amount in Network Cafe's over here for every session I intend to start, IS making me outdated Big-Time..

I mean, I seem to be completely deprived of the internet now.. My life is NOT in the mood, actually, to go BACK in time during this phase of my life.. I think, I'd screw up if I even accidentally went back..

Warm Regards,
unknownc1c
well some people believe aliens actually advanced our society when we were in the stone age. We went from primative tools with sticks and stones, to building pyramids out of large cubes. It was a huge leap in technology and then there are tons of structures and large drawings in fields. The drawings in fields were almost perfectly symetrical and to draw something of that size being symetrical would mean someone would have had to direct them from the sky, but back then there weren't any machines to get anyone up that high.

I don't know if aliens actually did do anything, but something made us leap really far in technology.
truespeed
Jack_Hammer wrote:
Wink

This is the stone age,how would you make a wheel,just because you know what one is doesnt mean you would nesercerily know how to make one and what to do with it,same goes with buildings,would you even know where to start,and as for fire, would you know how to start one without matches.
ocalhoun
unknownc1c wrote:
The drawings in fields were almost perfectly symetrical and to draw something of that size being symetrical would mean someone would have had to direct them from the sky, but back then there weren't any machines to get anyone up that high.

For the large building projects, a good explanation would be simply enormous amounts of cheap or free (slavery) labor. As for the large drawings, they could be made by any enterprising people who had a good knowledge of basic geometry, and applied that in the right way. (Straight lines can be made by stretching a string out between two points, curves, semicircles, can circles can be made by swinging a rope of a fixed length around a center point. The question remains of who they made such drawings for... gods in the sky perhaps?

As for how to improve the stone age people, I think I would try to instill morality, peacefulness, and respect for nature. Then perhaps some of the atrocities done by modern man might be avoided or minimized as such values become central to more cultures.
Jack_Hammer
truespeed wrote:
Jack_Hammer wrote:
Wink

This is the stone age,how would you make a wheel,just because you know what one is doesnt mean you would nesercerily know how to make one and what to do with it,same goes with buildings,would you even know where to start,and as for fire, would you know how to start one without matches.

The log of a tree?, that is the wheel... Would cut a tree down with fire, like indians made canoes.
jipmerite
I am sure that with the knowledge that we have right now anyone would be capable of advancing a primitive society. That does not mean that he/she should be able to teach those people how to make nuclear generators.

Even little things are an advancement. Teaching them to properly cook their foot. (I think most people have a general idea on how to make fire without match sticks right?)

teaching the midwives to wash their hands before delivery. I am not sure how the delivery process was in the stone age, but even in modern medical science, this little bit of practice was hailed as a huge progress as it dramatically cut down post partem infections.

I guess we might not be able to make perfect wheels but even a crude one would be a big help. And once you have a wheel you can also have pulley systems to lift heave loads.

I am sure any one of us can make a big difference in such a primitive society.
vinx_18
truespeed wrote:
If you went back in time to the stone age,would you be able to advance their society,and if so how?

If I was born during the stone age era, I can advance their society as what the people of the age did too. Human as we are; we can do extraordinary things that other creatures could not do. We were given a special intellect and unique abilities to do things that we think we cannot do.

So, I think I would start on enhancing our tools since at that time tools in hunting and other activities of their daily living was so very important. Smile
vonboy
if i went back in time to the stone age, i would probably turn into a dictator and cause a realy early world war or something lol. i am one of those people who would just lead thier tribe around attacking and takeing over poor little tribes that are smaller then mine. then after that i would pfrobably be assininated, oh wait.

guess i have to rethink my strategy Evil or Very Mad
Srs2388
I would just chill in the stoner age... oops I meant stone age Laughing
coolclay
Who would want to advance the stone age. Heck if I went back to the stone age I would try to stop advancement, so that they never become what we are today. At least the during the stone age humans lived with nature instead of destroying it.
Vanilla
I would be very pleased to know some historic figures, like Albert Einstein and Niccolo Machiavelli. In fact, I'm more interested in the people that made history than in history itself. I would also love to know Hermann Hesse, the author of my favorite book.
XxeroxX
im gonna go back in time and fix all the stupid things that I've ever done. hehe. yea. i dont rly like what i have done before. and i would like to change that. example is when i failed that math test ... a couple of days ago for my FINALS....urg i knew i should have studied. whatever. I am also looking foreward to meeting old ppl and famous ppl. Funny thing is, i want to go back to WWII era and check out some of the historic battles and hope that i dont die. I mean, WWII sounds rly cool, doesnt it?
JimmyHoffa1029
Bring music there =p

I'd bet The Queens Of The Stone Age will be popalur at that time.
missdixy
Probably not....I'd be afraid of messing something up.
truespeed
I think a wheel would be possible but difficult to make as your only tools would be made of flint,as for fire i personaly wouldnt know how to do it,yeah i could look it up on the net now if i wanted to find out,but in the stone age that isnt an option. Basic building i think i could probably do and get them out of their caves,the main thing i think i could bring to them would be instead of hunting animals,teach them to build enclosures capture breed and raise them.

But perhaps the most important thing you could bring to them would be the modern alphabet and the written word.
Yantaal
i would teach them to be vegans, and then the whole world would advance being vegan. it would be awesome
ThornsOfSorrow
I honestly don't think I could advance a stone age society. It's very easy to think that we could share all of today's technology with cave people, but actually doing it wouldn't be nearly as easy. If one of us wanted to make a crude wheel in modern times, I'm sure anyone here could do it; you'd just need to grab some sort of saw and a block of wood and cut away. The rough edges could be sanded, and then you'd have a wheel. It probably wouldn't be a very nice looking wheel, but it would still count as something. However, in the stone age, there would be no saws, pre-cut blocks of wood, or sand paper. Of course you could cut down a tree, but with what? Your teeth? Someone mentioned setting fire to a tree to make it fall, but how would the fire be started? I think most of us would be lost without a match or a lighter, and it's not as easy as simply rubbing two sticks together.

I'm not going to speak for the entire human race (or even the population of FriHost), but I know I'd be completely lost in the stone age without modern tools, or even with them. Without knowing how to select, catch, and cook food, or where to stay safe from predators, I wouldn't last more than a week in that time period. It wouldn't even be possible to ask for help, as there would obviously be a language barrier between modern humans and the cave people. I think that in any time period, the people native to that time would always have an advantage over any time traveler.
LostOverThere
I'd give them 2 Nintendo Wii's. They can move forward from their.
xkobram
ThornsOfSorrow wrote:
I honestly don't think I could advance a stone age society. It's very easy to think that we could share all of today's technology with cave people, but actually doing it wouldn't be nearly as easy. If one of us wanted to make a crude wheel in modern times, I'm sure anyone here could do it; you'd just need to grab some sort of saw and a block of wood and cut away.

I'm not going to speak for the entire human race (or even the population of FriHost), but I know I'd be completely lost in the stone age without modern tools, or even with them. ...
I think that in any time period, the people native to that time would always have an advantage over any time traveler.

I completely agree with this, people just imagine, if you realy got there, how would you even survive? Stone age was full of predators and during night everyone would be feared to death!

Lot of you mentioned teaching them how to make fire - if they didn't know. But then, if they didn't know they wouldn't be on much higher level than apes. And then it would be very difficult to teach them something, beacause they would be still living like animals.

Speaking about sapiens, able to start fire and to verbal comunicate, it mightbe possible to teach them how to make ceramics and bricks, maybe ropes, tools for farming and teach then how to grow plants, vegetables and corn and to shelter stock. But it would be hard in africa, where everything grew on trees. And it would be hard in europe, to persuade them about its function.

I don't want to try going back in stone age, i would prefer going in the post-middle age.
Vrythramax
LostOverThere wrote:
I'd give them 2 Nintendo Wii's. They can move forward from their.

Something tells me that they didn't have electricity back then Confused
Manus et Therion
How sad a statement this thread is about the education systems that have brought you all here.

The stone age had the wheel and fire and all that. Cutting tools existed for cutting trees, but they were tools made of (drum roll please)

STONE!

Hence, it's called the Stone Age and occurs just before the discovery of smelting ores such as (tada) BRONZE.

So... in the stone age they had fire and wheels and pretty much cooked their meats (even their foot if they willing).

You could jump start the Bronze age or any of the other metals if you wished (alloy making came much later). But the real advancements a person could offer would be in philosophy and art.
xkobram
Manus et Therion wrote:

You could jump start the Bronze age or any of the other metals if you wished (alloy making came much later). But the real advancements a person could offer would be in philosophy and art.

I think you're wrong. The very main thing was farming and army - and starting Metal era would make this evolve. Culture has always depended on agriculture. Agriculture has always depended on tools and level of tools has always depended on material...
Vrythramax
I'm starting to wonder if this topic doesn't belong in the History forum considering some of the posts.
truespeed
Manus et Therion wrote:

How could you jump start the bronze age ,where would you find bronze? i wouldnt have a clue,and even if i did know how to find it in its natural form,i wouldnt know where to start when it came to moulding it into shapes for tools and the like.

ThornsOfSorrow wrote:
I honestly don't think I could advance a stone age society. It's very easy to think that we could share all of today's technology with cave people, but actually doing it wouldn't be nearly as easy. If one of us wanted to make a crude wheel in modern times, I'm sure anyone here could do it; you'd just need to grab some sort of saw and a block of wood and cut away. The rough edges could be sanded, and then you'd have a wheel. It probably wouldn't be a very nice looking wheel, but it would still count as something. However, in the stone age, there would be no saws, pre-cut blocks of wood, or sand paper. Of course you could cut down a tree, but with what? Your teeth? Someone mentioned setting fire to a tree to make it fall, but how would the fire be started? I think most of us would be lost without a match or a lighter, and it's not as easy as simply rubbing two sticks together.

I'm not going to speak for the entire human race (or even the population of FriHost), but I know I'd be completely lost in the stone age without modern tools, or even with them. Without knowing how to select, catch, and cook food, or where to stay safe from predators, I wouldn't last more than a week in that time period. It wouldn't even be possible to ask for help, as there would obviously be a language barrier between modern humans and the cave people. I think that in any time period, the people native to that time would always have an advantage over any time traveler.

Of all the replies this is the one that applies to most of us,the fact we come from a very advanced society,able to travel around the world in hours,communicate with anyone on earth via phones,internet etc

Even though most of us use these technoligies,we dont understand them,how they work etc so for most of us,i think as individuals we would have some impact obviously,but maybe not as much as you would expect.
Vrythramax
One aspect of this conversation I don't think has been touched on....if we could go back in time with our current knowledge of technology...if that were the case we would have a tremendous impact on all subsequent events. Heck, if we could just bring them the gift of a book of matches it would change everything. Now if we were back in time with only the limited knowledge of the time...well we can all dream that we would have some impact.
Hemen
In the World War 2
To kill Adolf....
datter
I could help them with their marketing image, brand and unified corporate identity. That's about it.
Manus et Therion
truespeed wrote:
Manus et Therion wrote:

How could you jump start the bronze age ,where would you find bronze? i wouldnt have a clue,and even if i did know how to find it in its natural form,i wouldnt know where to start when it came to moulding it into shapes for tools and the like.

ThornsOfSorrow wrote:

Of all the replies this is the one that applies to most of us, the fact we come from a very advanced society,able to travel around the world in hours,communicate with anyone on earth via phones,internet etc

Even though most of us use these technoligies,we dont understand them,how they work etc so for most of us,i think as individuals we would have some impact obviously,but maybe not as much as you would expect.

First of all, if this discussion is going to have any value, you have to know what is meant by "Stone Age." Apparently (and this is only an assumption on my part), most people replying seem to only imagine the caveman. But the stone age was quite a long period of time, comprising the discovery of fire, the development of the agriculture system of it's time which led to settled communities, and the invention of the wheel which drove the world into the next age.

So - safe to say - none of those things would be an addition. A pack of matches would be nice if the natives of the era could reverse engineer the work - otherwise, a pack of matches would hardly last a moon's span I am sure. Offering a wheel, if you went far back enough in time, might speed things up a little.

The following age was the Bronze Age, when naturally and easy to fine ore was discovered to be smelt worthy. It was the advancements in technologies with fire that led to this discovery. So it would be safe to say that one advancement the Stone Age could use would be an idea of containing fire in a furnace and the use of bellows to increase its heat. These inventive ideas are what lead to the smelting technologies.

Bronze is an alloy, a combination of Tin and Copper (both are easily discoverable even by the stone age peoples, who had them available but knew not what to do with them). This increased both advances in warfare and agriculture, as now the tools of both were more readily available and more durable.

The last of the Three Great Ages was the Iron Age. At this time, great cities finally began to crop up in human culture and the trade nature created by the wheel which led to the Bronze Age had flourished into a great commercial system spanning in some cases continents.

And this all comprises a time span known as "pre-history," before the first writings (written in Sumer, by the way - modern day Iraq).

It is an interesting question to ponder - if you could travel back in time...

Perhaps writing (art and philosophy) would make the real difference.
Vrythramax
@Manus et Therion

I think your taking the question too literally, but I like your reply. I also agree that the addition of a single book of matches without the technology to re-produce them wouldn't be such a good idea after all....but it would really scare the heck out of the people of the time! In even later years those matches could get you burned at the stake (without the use of matches) as heresy and the practice of black magic and/or witchcraft.

Didn't Albert Einstien prove that time travel was possibly in theory?
truespeed
Manus et Therion wrote:

First of all, if this discussion is going to have any value, you have to know what is meant by "Stone Age." Apparently (and this is only an assumption on my part), most people replying seem to only imagine the caveman. But the stone age was quite a long period of time, comprising the discovery of fire, the development of the agriculture system of it's time which led to settled communities, and the invention of the wheel which drove the world into the next age.

Lets assume its the earliest stage of the stone age and man is still living in caves,foraging and hunting for food and fire is still a chance thing that happens in summer.

Manus et Therion wrote:

The following age was the Bronze Age, when naturally and easy to fine ore was discovered to be smelt worthy. It was the advancements in technologies with fire that led to this discovery. So it would be safe to say that one advancement the Stone Age could use would be an idea of containing fire in a furnace and the use of bellows to increase its heat. These inventive ideas are what lead to the smelting technologies.

Bronze is an alloy, a combination of Tin and Copper (both are easily discoverable even by the stone age peoples, who had them available but knew not what to do with them). This increased both advances in warfare and agriculture, as now the tools of both were more readily available and more durable.

You say that like its easy,if you travelled back in time to this particular point in ancient britains history say,a country covered in forests,where would you find tin,where would you find copper? I wouldnt even know what tin or copper looked like in its raw form.

My original point really was,that even though we are surrounded by technoligies way beyond that of a caveman,if we were placed in their era,very few of us would be able to make much of a difference to their every day lifes,as we know very little of the technologies we use.
Manus et Therion
truespeed wrote:

My original point really was,that even though we are surrounded by technoligies way beyond that of a caveman,if we were placed in their era,very few of us would be able to make much of a difference to their every day lifes,as we know very little of the technologies we use.

Really? The original point was, and I quote verbatim, "If you went back in time to the stone age,would you be able to advance their society,and if so how?"

How is that semi-rhetorical, rather entertaining to the mind question a point in any case? A question should never be a point. If your question was intended to express a point, then that is known as "baiting" and you were looking for an argument. Is that true? Or where you asking us to entertain the notion of time travel and add our own little dishes to the story? That's the real point of starting a thread with a question, wouldn't you think?
truespeed
Manus et Therion wrote:
truespeed wrote:

Really? The original point was, and I quote verbatim, "If you went back in time to the stone age,would you be able to advance their society,and if so how?"

How is that semi-rhetorical, rather entertaining to the mind question a point in any case? A question should never be a point. If your question was intended to express a point, then that is known as "baiting" and you were looking for an argument. Is that true? Or where you asking us to entertain the notion of time travel and add our own little dishes to the story? That's the real point of starting a thread with a question, wouldn't you think?

It was a question,and open to discussion,of course anyone answering any question opens up a debate,not an argument,as its a hypophetical question ,there are no right or wrong answers,so the question wasnt really meant to be taken too literally,it was more a what if......
Manus et Therion
truespeed wrote:
Jack_Hammer wrote:
Wink

See that? That's you taking other people's answers to your question and tearing them down.

Is that fun for you?

This is you taking things too seriously, and very very early in your own thread might I add. So please, stop responding like this.
truespeed
Manus et Therion wrote:
truespeed wrote:
Jack_Hammer wrote:
Wink

See that? That's you taking other people's answers to your question and tearing them down.

Is that fun for you?

This is you taking things too seriously, and very very early in your own thread might I add. So please, stop responding like this.

It wasnt an attack,it was me merely pointing out that things arent as simple as saying i would do this i would do that,me saying to you for example,how would you find tin and copper,wasnt an attack either,perhaps you know about metals.

The fact i raised the original question,doesnt stop me from joining in the thread and discussion.
Utopia GFR
Well, I guess I would have been part of the very first talented people who discovered how to make exploitable use of raw material throughout the ages of mankind.

One of the most notable key elements found in the stone age and used as a social resource is the harnessing fire; a fundamental need in everyone's life.

The topic of stone age has been at least a thousand times thoroughly covered by the scientific community and it is commonly agreed that the hominid brain back in those days wasn't "developed" enough to make incredible things happen.

Don't expect some stone age guy to design the first aeroplane or construct a skyscraper Very Happy

Nevertheless, despite the technological, tools related factor, man's global behaviour never really evolved in a idealistic way Rolling Eyes
a.Bird
I'd go back to the moment the doctor pulled my out of my mother's womb and dive underneath myself just as he's about to drop me on my head.
HyperScene
Offcourse we could make a big change in the worlds development.
Bring a computer and fill it with plans for different but spesific things a man in the stoneage could do with the equipment he had. Give him the wheel, fire, clothing and all that at once, and they will soon start evolving faster than they would do without your help.

And if I could go where ever I wanted, it would be normandy second world war and watch as the boats arrived the beach.. Would be cool Surprised
{name here}
I couldn't do much in the stone age assuming that no known languages were around at that time. I could merely show them some basics as the wheel, fire, and then the metal and glass forging processes. Language would also be a very important thing to teach should it be lacking. Then all the dominoes would start to fall towards advanced civilization.
Vrythramax
I'm saying in this day and age flame-baiting is against Frihost Policy. Either play nice or the topic gets locked and people will get warnings lodged against them.

This is a friendly warning.
bartdou
if in the first i'm not killed by them, I think i can help them make life more easier and they will respect me and regard me as their leader, Laughing dreaming??
JrMac21
Anyone of us here can advance an ancient society. I think it will depend on the individual and the knowledge they possess.
Not everyone may be able to cope with the everyday way of life back then.
Also think about the tools that they had. They were tools yes, but the tools that we have today allow jobs to be done faster and you put out less energy.... The tools they had were crude instruments. Using them would demand some 'REAL' hard work.
Mighty_King
No. People say that if they could go back in time, they would make the civilization at that time more advanced and better to speed up the process of intelligence, but how would you start if you couldn't even communicate with them? Showing them something from the future might have some effect, but it's nothing that would be too effectficial because they probably couldn't understand it at all.
seanooi
i'd start researching and developing computers then. And by the time 2007 comes, laptops might not even exist anymore. Laughing
Qube
I was thinking somewhat along the lines of bartdou.
Some weird creature resembling you but dressed in strange clothing.
Really, caveman seeing a modern human in a t-shirt, jeans and sneaks.
Must be a shock, I imagine they'd kill this person right away.

But if they didn't, I'd say I'd try to advance just their tools.
I really don't have any knowledge on refining metals and whatnot.
But I do know my simple machines very well.
Did they have bows back then?
That'd probably be my first introduction.
Sure they could use it for war, but it's a chance I'm willing to take.
Then I'd possibly setup machines, like the pulley machine mentioned earlier.
Or even an aquaduct system.
Little things like this would have a HUGE impact on their society.
That's just my assumption anyways.

But ya, it'd be fairly hard to gain their trust, let along communicate with them.
Ah well, we wouldn't know unless it happened.
Hunterseaker
If one man would go back in time to the stone age and taught the people some new things, the whole history will change, because the people have more advanced technology earlier, and the tribe with the highest technology will win wars etc.....

I think I could advance the society much, just by making wooden cars etc, and teach people how to heal other people etc... and of course how to make fire, how to store food properly etc.....
Davidgr1200
First you are assuming that you would be able to survive in the stone age. You would have to get them to support you somehow. Could you go out and kill a deer or even a rabbit with a stone?
If you could survive I suppose agriculture would be the best place to start. But would you know which grasses would be best if you were going to grow wheat or corn? Perhaps picking fruit from bushes and then showing them how to plant the seeds/stones/pips and grow new bushes, but this would take time. I think it would be very hard for an average person from our day to be able to teach them anything - we would have to learn from them. If you like you can try an experiment. Take a car and a mobile phone (for emergencies) and go out into a forest in a wilderness somewhere. try living off the land and see how long you can survive. I doubt that it would be for long.
iank
I'm sure if I went back in time I couldn't cope living in the culture, watching savages eat meat ripping it from animals,
not washing and the hygene we have all become accustomed to would be too much for modern man to live with.

We simply could not cope and I don't care how tough any of us think we are!
Vrythramax
I may be wrong here, but I think everyone is assuming that we could go back with the knowledge we posess today. I f that were the case we could actually ruin everything as we know it today by making advancements just out out of our everyday practices that could lead to earlier wars over the technology the tribe next door has.

As I mentioned before, just look at the impact some of the ordinary things we do daily and think nothing about could advance, or hinder such a fragile society.

Extinction could be a real possibility.
m-productions
Vrythramax wrote:
I may be wrong here, but I think everyone is assuming that we could go back with the knowledge we posess today. I f that were the case we could actually ruin everything as we know it today by making advancements just out out of our everyday practices that could lead to earlier wars over the technology the tribe next door has.

As I mentioned before, just look at the impact some of the ordinary things we do daily and think nothing about could advance, or hinder such a fragile society.

Extinction could be a real possibility.

Ive just been reading this thread when new posts are put (like I do everywhere) I dont like posting to much in these, but that point you just brought up is really good, and had never once came to mind. The fact that giving new technology could indeed start wars.

Also going on what is said in other posts about the brain not being full devoluped, they wouldnt fully understand that outcome of an all out war with technology they dont even fully understand in the first place.... For example (and i say as example.. theres no way any of us would be able to go back in time and be able to make a nuke.... it just wouldnt be possible, but once again, this is an example) there is no way they could fully understand the outcome of such an item. heck, we didnt even fully understand it when we first used it... any ammount of technology realy could have started something bad.
truespeed
I could be wrong,i will google later as i dont have the time at the moment,but as far as im aware,people of the stone age,were the same as us,they werent inferior in terms of intellect,they had the same size brain as us,the only difference between us and them is the knowledge we possess.
Kovsieassassins
I would mess things up so badly that I wouldn't be here today, which would made it impossible to have gone back in the first place so everything would still be alright. So I would be able to go back again.

Chris
Vrythramax
Kovsieassassins wrote:
I would mess things up so badly that I wouldn't be here today, which would made it impossible to have gone back in the first place so everything would still be alright. So I would be able to go back again.

Chris

Shocked As confusing as that statement was, it actually made some sense. Now what if the knowledge you brought back with you caused the demise of one of your ancestors, you would never have been born and therefore never have been able to go back in time. Razz
Rico
One of the last stone age cultures who came into contact with modern man (Bushmen or San as they like to be known [of the Kalahari]), are still reeling with confusion with the enormity of the world they don’t know or understand. They have not advanced much in the last 100 years living mainly as squatters being given over to marijuana and alcohol abuse.

If any of us went back to the official Stone Age the challenges facing us would not be the technology but the mindset. It would make the dark ages look like . . ., well a lot less dark.
ca222
Am I aloud to know what I know now? Like... How to make fire, and other things? Am I allowed to take things with me?
Its not very detailed enough for me to say a right answer...

But, I'd take matches.. *No not to burn them... I'm not that evil Wink *

matches and a peice of glass, Or no matches and a peice of glass.
Glass because the sun would be able to start a fire, Magnifying the dirt.. and wood and create fire MY way

Or Just basically tell them what to do, I'd perhaps start my own empire, Like Age of empires, but like today - Surprised They'd call me Queen Kate.

I like the sound of this very much please!! :]
Hmmm now to find a time machine!!
Vrythramax
Well that was pretty much my question at the start...could we go back with existing knowledge? If so we could really mess things up.
Japokskee
Hmmm.

I would love to go back to my High school days and date with all the lovely girls in my school.

Coz that time im too shy to ask them. Now i see them with those guys and i feel this pain inside.

i always tell myself

what if.....
Seiorai
We have no idea in what ways giving that "matchbox" could affect history. It could turn out to be great, beyond the wildest dreams, super-technologized and modern.
Or in some way, it could determine a different way of evolution, which could destroy the world as we know it.

I would personally only wish to observe, and no change anything for fear of consequences.
soulman
Well, somebody say that he could create a kindom, or lead those human being of stone age into a better life. some body say he would punish those bad guys that make the world peaceful and beautiful again....

Here is the question: do we have a chance to keep ourselves alive when we truely can go back to the past? for those times in war, one man is nothing, who would like to trust a person who declare he comes from the future? even a weapon designer cannot make our weapon to that time, because there's no developed weapon industral and machine...

that's even more funny for stone age... right now we have clean water, we have electricity, we eat healthy food... but back there, all the resource of human seciety is only fire and you have to keep it burning... we have to gain water from rivers, we have to eat something we don't think it is food at all, we have to defend our cave from those wild ainimals attack every night...

so I think back to the past will not offer any good to us, no matter what mistake we got before, just forget that and keep going...
Vrythramax
soulman wrote:
Well, somebody say that he could create a kindom, or lead those human being of stone age into a better life. some body say he would punish those bad guys that make the world peaceful and beautiful again....

Here is the question: do we have a chance to keep ourselves alive when we truely can go back to the past? for those times in war, one man is nothing, who would like to trust a person who declare he comes from the future? even a weapon designer cannot make our weapon to that time, because there's no developed weapon industral and machine...

that's even more funny for stone age... right now we have clean water, we have electricity, we eat healthy food... but back there, all the resource of human seciety is only fire and you have to keep it burning... we have to gain water from rivers, we have to eat something we don't think it is food at all, we have to defend our cave from those wild ainimals attack every night...

so I think back to the past will not offer any good to us, no matter what mistake we got before, just forget that and keep going...

*sigh*....wasn't the question already asked if we could go back with current knowledge and technology a number of times? Gee....I think it's me that keeps asking.

Stay on on topic and at least try to read the previous posts.
Zombie
OMG nice topic by the way.
Anyway, if i could go back, i would break up with my girlfriend b4 she breaks it off with me. Revenge!
Vrythramax
Zombie wrote:
OMG nice topic by the way.
Anyway, if i could go back, i would break up with my girlfriend b4 she breaks it off with me. Revenge!

If you read the topic title it say going back to the stoneage, I doubt you ex was even born yet....but you could play havoc with her ancestors to a point they don't want any children Wink