FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Uploading my backup

aznhomieboi1689
I have a backup file saved on my computer, I was wondering how I can upload it to my Dadmin?
SpellcasterDX
What kind of backup? A .rar/.zip back up? or a .tar.gz? And is it a full site backup or just an sql backup?

Well anyway, if it's a .tar.gz, you can upload it via FTP or DirectAdmin and unzip it and all your files will be back.

Alternatively, if it's an sql back up, you can just import it using the import option in phpMyAdmin.
why6487
SpellcasterDX wrote:
What kind of backup? A .rar/.zip back up? or a .tar.gz? And is it a full site backup or just an sql backup?

Well anyway, if it's a .tar.gz, you can upload it via FTP or DirectAdmin and unzip it and all your files will be back.

Alternatively, if it's an sql back up, you can just import it using the import option in phpMyAdmin.

If it's a .rar or .zip file, you need to repack in .tar.gz.

Or just unpack it and upload these files (may take a bit longer so, just watch TV while it uploads).
swizzy
use EzGz (delphi).. .works on windows... creates .tar.gz... very very fast and simple

i personally don like uploading themes and plugins as is... so i extract wordpress on my comp, put plugins n themes and compress via EzGz and deploy

(If these are personal backups... .use .htaccess to block/password lock your content... or it may be publicly visible)