FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

GTA series

liam
i find a The Grand Theft Auto Series great games. The ideas behind them are genius and the graphics of the later games is excellent.

My favourite one would have to be San Andreas as it has a whole state that can be used whil Vice City is only a City.
Another Benefit of San Andreas is the ability to swim. i find this useful as in Vice City i normally drowned.
wabik90
Yeah, I agree. GTA series is one of the best game series ever. I used to spend hours playing it. Now I play less but also spend lot of time. My favourite is GTA San Andreas because it offers tons of options, lots of vehicles, weapons and even more Smile
McDucque
I really enjoyed GTA from the start of the series, but after vice city, it just felt like the same thing over and over. Crackdown is basically the same kinda thing, but I love it so much more now. I'll still play GTA 4
liam
i have never played crack down but have you played san andreas it is awesome
Swiftblade
The whole of GTA series let me experience something that other games can never give. Its simply magnificent, its gameplay etc.

I really cannot wait for GTA4. It looks freaking awesome.
McDucque
The only things that sticks in my mind from GTA is the soundtracks. With all of the clone GTA type sandbox violence games, they never have soundtracks as good as GTA.

Other than that though, games like GTA are doing the same thing only better sometimes, in the case of Crackdown, and maybe even Yakuza.
greatfire
I always found the GTA games over rated. Vice city was alright, but i cant stand san Andreas
liam
i found vice city worse than San Andreas because the weapons were worse the songs were worse and the plot is worse. not to mention the map is worse.

no vice city is a good game but San Andreas is slightly better
Osmodius
greatfire wrote:
I always found the GTA games over rated. Vice city was alright, but i cant stand san Andreas

Agreed, San Andreas was terrible. Also, to the OP, the map area on San Andreas is smaller than a real American city, nowhere near the size of an American state..
liam
true but imagine having a full state in a game it would take ages to cross
Packfan104L4
Osmodius wrote:
greatfire wrote:

Agreed, San Andreas was terrible. Also, to the OP, the map area on San Andreas is smaller than a real American city, nowhere near the size of an American state..

The point of it was to have 3 mini cities without it taking 20 minutes to ride between each in the fastest cars. Plus I think navigating block by block is annoying. The countryside gave the game a whole new perspective.

Too bad GTA 4 will be in NYC with no countryside Sad
liam
yep i agree to that
f-spider
greatfire wrote:

Hah, really? I've always preferred San Andreas. Good times when you get bored, just start going insane in a car and keep going to see how many stars you get before you get caught, haha.

Havn't played it recently though... probably because I'm a 360 man Very Happy
votd
I like all GTAs (expect for the first and second, since graphics makes me mad). But I find it now pretty boring. Well I've played them numerous of times, so I don't expect it will entertrain me for another time for longer. I can remember all VOs in the whole game so... Confused

But Grand Theft Auto is a history.
Patriot Players
The GTA series is honestly the most over hyped garbage there is out there. The game play is bad, the games are buggy, the graphics are never excellent, and really the game does nothing revolutionary. There is one reason, and one reason alone, that these games are so popular: the ability to shoot random people in the street. If you couldnt go on a homicidal rampage in the middle of a crowded boulevard, the game would be sitting on store shelves because it would be incredibly boring. It always bothers me how much undeserved praise this series gets.
Kelcey
Sadly I liked the 2d ones more than the 3d ones. I dunno why... I couldn't get into san andreas or vice city. But I had a decent amount of fun with GTA 2.
QrafTee
Patriot Players wrote:
The GTA series is honestly the most over hyped garbage there is out there. The game play is bad, the games are buggy, the graphics are never excellent, and really the game does nothing revolutionary. There is one reason, and one reason alone, that these games are so popular: the ability to shoot random people in the street. If you couldnt go on a homicidal rampage in the middle of a crowded boulevard, the game would be sitting on store shelves because it would be incredibly boring. It always bothers me how much undeserved praise this series gets.

That's true... but the fact is you can.
Packfan104L4
Patriot Players wrote:

You must be a parent Laughing

The graphics CANT be great because otherwise a game liek San Andreas would have to come out on like 3 DVDs, either that or takes up 20 GB of space. Either way, an environment as complex as the GTA world and the amount of textures it needs to look non-repetitve, you sacrifice graphic quality for extensive gameplay.
lightsout
GTA4 is supposed to come out soon, but I haven't really heard any details on it. When is it supposed to come out, and where is GTA4 supposed to be located??
Packfan104L4
lightsout wrote:
GTA4 is supposed to come out soon, but I haven't really heard any details on it. When is it supposed to come out, and where is GTA4 supposed to be located??

It's a full overlay of Manhattan, the Bronx, and Brooklyn
anonymous21
I like Vice City and San Andreas too. Yeah, i kinda agree with the topic starter because in Vice City, the Character will not be able to swim unlike in San Andreas. I only play Vice City when I want my character to drown and kill innocent people... Hahaha, It makes me laugh usually...

But I seriously take the missions you know. Neutral
bri4n5
I was reading in Wikipedia about GTA4 and i found this:

Platform(s) PlayStation 3 Xbox 360

Anyone knows if this game will be released for PC?
Zeferman
Vice city was amazing, I like the newer ones, but there is somthing about that game that makes it awesome, lol, I know my way around that city so well no it's incredible.
MJMX
I find GTA series boring.I've played almoust every GTA.(no gta london for PS1 ) I feel the game is missing something valuable. It's too much killing people with no point ( usually with minigun ). I like car games and shooter games and I don't find GTA fun with either of those genres. There are much more better games which are specialiced to car and shooter genre. (like NFS, Battlefield, AA etc.) So why dont you go and buy a game for genre you like?
Yjaxygames
Great games and the sieres were examples for other games and now GTA4 coming...It adds a great title to the games industries. GTa4 will become the most innovative game from what i've heard.
Yjaxygames
Great games and the sieres were examples for other games and now GTA4 coming...It adds a great title to the games industries. GTA4 will become the most innovative game from what i've heard. GTA Vice City didn't have many new things but GTA3 and GTA:SA did.
albusa
Simply awsome

With the new and improved graphics something tells me this game is going to be getting big media attention and controversy when it comes out.

If pixelated violence and rag-doll character animations got so much attention from anti-gaming people before . . .
It's always amazing how fast Rockstar releases GTA with no hype until less than a month before release.
No information on GTA IV except the use of RAGE and Euphoria. With the speculation of multiplayer and more content than previous GTA's.

Hopefully Rockstar won't release any information other than the release date, making the first time experience the best ever.

I think this game will easily make the top ten highest rated games of all time due to zero information with lots of hype.
Yjaxygames
@ Albusa, the screenshot under the big GTA4 logo is a fake one I believe. And several magazines got more information in previews about the game.
BeaTTraX
GTa SA was cool to but ew one will be really great;) specially with dx10 Smile
Linkdk
yea i love gta..

I still play it booth gta3,vice city and san andreas and im just screaming to GTAIV to get out Razz
gibbo
awsome GTA IV looks so cool i hope its coming out for pc because i dont want to get a PS3 till the price drops till then their will be no way of playing it. but i think my favourite game out of the series would have to be san andreas it gives you so much more room to roam and fly the planes so it makes it harder to get bored sooner the downside of the game is though it takes about 30 mins to drive from one end to another which sucks on long distance missions, i also think the view on the train sucks it should be change able. other than that its an awsome game and i think thet all have been i was disapointed with the grand theft auto stories though i think they where rushed abit especicaly liberty city stories.
Quintilius
I think the better game of this serie is Vice City. Ok, it is only a city (against a whole state for its sequel), ok there is no all that stat stuff (you know, swimming skill, more ability with one weapon or other), and in general there are not all these options like tuning and eating and so on.

BUT : - one well used city is always better than a big wasted space (I mean... in San andreas, all houses are quite the same, the shops sell quite the same things from one agency to another)

- Well, there is a lot of "useless" shops in SA, those shops you can enter but where you can't buy anything... but the robbery option has been censored, so those shops are definitely useless. At least you can rob a few shop in Vice City.

- Landscapes and scenery are tern in SA, Vice City is joyous Mr. Green

- Countryside is really boring to roam, so the big space has something very artificial

- The system of skills upgrade by doing sports quickly becomes boring, because you can't use your new skills without eating.

- Last but not least, the Scarface ambiance is always present in Vice City. The excellent ghetto ambiance of the beginning of SA quickly disappears, and the caricature of the black guy who grew up in the hood is wasted by the mafia ambiance.
Azrath
GTA Owns i got liberty City the first it came out!
Geminh
I really enjoyed GTA3 all the way to the current game as of right now. I'm really glad how Rockstar makes these GTA games spread out from system to system. From PS2 to PC and all that other crap. I might consider playing GTA1-2 If I can somehow get it for myself. *Goes to ebay xD
dac_nip
GTA San Andreas! sad to say I wasn't able to finish it. but I'd enjoy it much. hayy, i miss that game