FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Christopher Paolini

liam
Christopher Paolini is the author of Eragon, The Eldest and other books. I find Christopher Paolini's style of writing captivating. This means that i am drawn into the books and can not stop reading until i finish it.

The third inheritance book will likely be just as much of a success
missdixy
Eh. His writing is okay. Personally, am not a huge fan of his works but if there's nothing better around, I'll read something by him.
liam
it is really you love it or dont style of writing
trousersalive
Christopher Paolini may have room to grow when it comes to literary prowess, but don’t forget he is young, in his early twenties. He wrote Eragon when he was 19, and that is quite the achievement. Life will only make him, and as a result, his writing, more rich.
Kestrad
The Inheritance series, to me, seems like a blatant ripoff of LOTR. I mean, I can see some very obvious parallels between the two series. And friends of mine who have read it and have seen Star Wars state that it is also a ripoff of the Star Wars plot. Needless to say, I am not a fan of Paolini's books.
poly
I have to admit that it seems like he just mixed all the classics like Lord Of the Rings, some fairly tales etc. together, but it is still good and fun to read. However, I forgot everything that happened about 2 days after I was done reading it.
meet in rio
I've never read any of his books, but if the kid is a bit of a pasticheur then who can really blame him at that age. I have , though, skim-read a few paragraphs, and wasn't a huge fan of his style.
divinitywolf
i LOVE his books. They're awesome. i've read eragon and eldest several times and i really get into his books. I guess some bits of his writing do seem not up to the adult standard such as tolkein but he has room to improve greatly and i'm really looking forward to the third book.
trousersalive
poly wrote:
I have to admit that it seems like he just mixed all the classics like Lord Of the Rings, some fairly tales etc. together, but it is still good and fun to read. However, I forgot everything that happened about 2 days after I was done reading it.

Unfortunately a lot of fantasy writing seems to be rehashing of old ideas. Which is pretty strange considering the only limit in this genre is the imagination. The books that really stand out are ones that are written well, rather than the novelty of the ideas. You cant say too much about proper character development and plot design.
halilibo
yes i have read the 3 books of Christopher Paolini: Eragon, Eldest and Brisingr. I am waiting for the fourth book. He writes so good.

If i haven't read other books on fan-fiction, i would start reading with Paolini, if Tolkien does not exist. Smile
j00gotpwnd
I read Eragon during a long road trip. It was mediocre to the end. He is very young though, and I expect great things from him in the future. One of these days I will finish reading the series to see if it improves at all. For truly epic fantasy, try Tad Williams, George R.R. Martin, and Patrick Rothfuss. Smile
sondosia
I like the books; they're fun to read and have interesting plots and characters. But they're not very original; they steal MANY elements directly from Harry Potter, LOTR, the Shannara series, Star Wars, and other prominent sci-fi/fantasy epics.

However, that's possibly because Paolini is just so young (or was when he wrote the books, in any case), so maybe he'll improve his creativity as he gets older.
ddukki
I used to think his books were amazing when I first read Eragon. However, I was in 6th grade. Since then, I've found that my tastes have changed and expanded and Eragon seems more and more like a cliche book written by a fan of the fantasy books he read when he was young. This is not to say that Paolini is less of a writer. He's only about five years older than I am and finished his second book by the time he was my age. However, as much as I liked it back then, I can't help but notice that there's nothing new or exciting about his writing.
Kopernikus
Sorry, but I have to say, Paolini ist just hyped fan-fiction in my eyes... Sad
bchuminx
I guess his book on Eragon is ok, was initially excited but overall i guess it can be better-but the recent Brisingr was better than 2nd although the first few chapters from the 1st where Sapphira from hatchling growing up to be mighty and magnificent blue-scale..was memorable..those chapters are my favourite so far =)
phantombr
I think Christopher Paolini is a great author, of course he still has little experience, but this is something that will come with time.
anakin_skyrunner
Kopernikus wrote:
Sorry, but I have to say, Paolini ist just hyped fan-fiction in my eyes... Sad

Couldn't have said it better... He was lucky to be published and I'm sure there are fan-fictions or manuscripts around these globe that have a more original story and are of better style by people younger than him - who are not published.
kutekitten
The books are pretty good, the plot is pretty captivating, if the writing isn't the best... They aren't my favourite books, although when I'm reading them they don't take me long to finish. I think it takes a lot of hard work to write something that massive, and I respect that. If a book (or series) holds my interest, I usually like it enough to tell people about it.
ato784
I did enjoy the first two of his books, but the third in the series got way too involved, very quickly, and i lost interest since i read the second book right when it came out and had forgotten what had happened and what certain characters had done. Also the movie made out of the first book was terrible, and pushed me away from the series when people started to praise it for being good.