FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


need some advise on my website





nappa
I just lunch a new website selling watches. I receive 20+ visitors from organic SEO everyday and some day the visitors reach to 50+.

And I put the website on adwords advertising. However after I've received hundreds of visitors from adwords. There was none converted to sales.

I just want to know what went wrong with this new site. I've never receive this kind of feedback before since I've been running many websites.

The website is www.watchez4u.net

Thanks in advance for your review and suggestion.
Azmo
Well to be honest, it looks like a scam page, there is just to much on your site, tons of stuff, information, links, images, and loaded realy slow, If I didnt know you were serious about this, I would have guessed "scam" right away. Make it cleaner, less is more, remember that. It doesnt look secure. Google for different online stores, check the top results and compare to your own, it's a big difference, the first feeling you get when you check your site must be good, otherwise people will just leave.

Focus on your watches, display them. All information? does it have to be there? can't you just link it so peopel who are interested can read it? And place the paypal huge image where the payment is, not on the frontpage before displaying your wares,, your site says "pay pay pay" before it says "we are selling watches"..

No offence given in any way, just trying to help!

Good luck with it!
HDirtwater
The site takes forever to load. It took over 60 seconds to see even one image of one of the watches (broadband). Also, the horizontal scrolling is a put off.

Lastly, selling fake rolexes is simply not considered a legitimate business. In the US, simply owning a counterfeit product is a felony. Using the term "replica" probably helps skirt the law, but I doubt that the folks at Rolex would like your site very much...
Animal
As HDirtwater has said, selling fake watches is probably the root of your problem. Since so much email spam is related to fake or "replica" watches, these sites are seen as extremely suspicious and are likely to be considered a scam. The prices of watches on your site are also extremely high - I would imagine that if people are knowingly buying fake watches, they'd want to spend no more than $50 on them.

It's my personal opinion that you would get far more sales if you simply sold unbranded or low-brand merchandise rather than fake watches (ie. sell cheap, good looking watches that don't pretend to be more than they are).
nappa
Azmo wrote:
Well to be honest, it looks like a scam page, there is just to much on your site, tons of stuff, information, links, images, and loaded realy slow, If I didnt know you were serious about this, I would have guessed "scam" right away. Make it cleaner, less is more, remember that. It doesnt look secure. Google for different online stores, check the top results and compare to your own, it's a big difference, the first feeling you get when you check your site must be good, otherwise people will just leave.

Focus on your watches, display them. All information? does it have to be there? can't you just link it so peopel who are interested can read it? And place the paypal huge image where the payment is, not on the frontpage before displaying your wares,, your site says "pay pay pay" before it says "we are selling watches"..

No offence given in any way, just trying to help!

Good luck with it!


of course you can comment on it as you like because I really need as many comments as you guys can write....

Animal wrote:
As HDirtwater has said, selling fake watches is probably the root of your problem. Since so much email spam is related to fake or "replica" watches, these sites are seen as extremely suspicious and are likely to be considered a scam. The prices of watches on your site are also extremely high - I would imagine that if people are knowingly buying fake watches, they'd want to spend no more than $50 on them.

It's my personal opinion that you would get far more sales if you simply sold unbranded or low-brand merchandise rather than fake watches (ie. sell cheap, good looking watches that don't pretend to be more than they are).


you are right about the price, however the watches on my site are not simple replica. They are 100% look like original. You can not tell the different unless you open to see the mechanic inside. The weight and material are same as original. Also the mark and all engraving things.

I'm thinking about making video of the products to show people how the products will look like for real. So please give some advise on the video. I mean if it's gonna work?

In the video I'm about to zoom the a few sample of the watches. For example, the dial, the back, etc..

One more thing I just know about the long time load of the website. I've never notice that before because it fast to load for me. I think the reason is because the hosting of the website is located in my country. May be my country is having a difficulty about oversea connection, so you guys took very long time to load the website.

Please write more comments. I really want them.

Thanks a lot Smile
jynxanims
Yeah, I would never EVER buy anything from that site. Scammy scam. Giving away free stuff to attract people? No. That makes people think you are trying WAY to hard to get them to give you their securit info. And then the url... 'watchez4u"...wtf? That is so not professional and sounds like a fricken virus or something. You need to totally redo it, even the url. Add nice clean pictures, make it load faster. Yeah....
imagefree
If this page is not a scam (as Amzo said), you have not focused on your watches and not placed attractive images in the front area of your site (just the middle of the screen so that user doesnt has to scroll and get the main purpose of your site).

1 more thing is never advertise on google. (This is not because i hate google. I love google and i am a big fan of google's innovations, but the idea of advertising on google is the worst.)

just 20% (atmost) area of your homepage is visible the rest is to be viewed by either scrolling to right or to down.
You have many useless things that divert the attention and also the look is not attractive and it appears clearly that the site is scam (even if you are not. I have seen a lot of sites that are scam and use the similar format.)

you can contact me.
nappa
So I should redo all the whole things.

First make a new design, make it look clean, cut out the free belt thing.

And may be I should even change the hosting...

What else you guys can comment or suggest?

Thanks again...

oh... by the way you guys haven't tell me about the video.

I told you that I will make a video to give clearer detail of what the products will look like.. Do you guys think it's a good idea? or just a waste of time.
imagefree
nappa wrote:
So I should redo all the whole things.

First make a new design, make it look clean, cut out the free belt thing.

And may be I should even change the hosting...

What else you guys can comment or suggest?

Thanks again...

oh... by the way you guys haven't tell me about the video.

I told you that I will make a video to give clearer detail of what the products will look like.. Do you guys think it's a good idea? or just a waste of time.



you have put text on page about your service. I advise to remove the text and let the visitor concentrate on the watches.
You can link the text as "Our Policy" somewhere else.

Videos are also good. But dont place them on the first page. Give a picture of Watch. Under it, give a very very brief discription and then give links like "Details" , "Video", Buy.

I dont know whether you made this site to make money or just want to sell watches of your own shop(etc).

If you want to earn money, just fget affiliated at Amazon, find the watch there and give link to that watch and link as "Buy at amazon". (may be you dislike this suggestion).
blackheart
Do you have legal permission to replicate said watches from said brands?

Because if, as you say, your watches are identical and indeterminable from the originals... then you should know there will be patents on the designs of those originals you may be breaching.

Without permission you may well be breaking international copyright law.

I don't mean to doubt you, I just don't want to see you get in trouble.

I'm also asking because we have a rule against linking to illegal content.
nappa
imagefree wrote:
nappa wrote:
So I should redo all the whole things.

First make a new design, make it look clean, cut out the free belt thing.

And may be I should even change the hosting...

What else you guys can comment or suggest?

Thanks again...

oh... by the way you guys haven't tell me about the video.

I told you that I will make a video to give clearer detail of what the products will look like.. Do you guys think it's a good idea? or just a waste of time.



you have put text on page about your service. I advise to remove the text and let the visitor concentrate on the watches.
You can link the text as "Our Policy" somewhere else.

Videos are also good. But dont place them on the first page. Give a picture of Watch. Under it, give a very very brief discription and then give links like "Details" , "Video", Buy.

I dont know whether you made this site to make money or just want to sell watches of your own shop(etc).

If you want to earn money, just fget affiliated at Amazon, find the watch there and give link to that watch and link as "Buy at amazon". (may be you dislike this suggestion).


Afiliate with amazon would be a very good idea. By the way, I love all suggestion and comments. Would be more happier if many more people would post comments Smile

May be I should consider selling at amazon and yahoo shopping as well.

Can you guys tell me if I should move the server?

I don't know about the speed of the website is it seems very fast to me.

The website is hosted in my country. So please advise on this also.

Thanks
Vrythramax
The website itself is fine, but I would suggest paying attention to blackheart's message. Not only could the distribution of "knock-offs" be illegal, the advertising of such could violate Frihost policy.
HDirtwater
Quote:
Afiliate with amazon would be a very good idea. By the way, I love all suggestion and comments. Would be more happier if many more people would post comments

May be I should consider selling at amazon and yahoo shopping as well.


I'm pretty sure Amazon will not want to have anything to do with fake merchandise. What you are selling may be illegal in the US (counterfeit merchandise definitely is - your stuff is close to that definition). You could not sell these watches on ebay as they violate ebay policy. I would imagine Amazon to be the same way.
nappa
Vrythramax wrote:
The website itself is fine, but I would suggest paying attention to blackheart's message. Not only could the distribution of "knock-offs" be illegal, the advertising of such could violate Frihost policy.


wow wow....slow down people. You get me wrong. I've never advertised this site or host it in frihost. I've been running more than 10 websites. Watchez4u is one of them,but it's not hosted here on frihost and also no advertisment about it in frihost nor links.

The reason I posted this is only to get comments. That's the very fact.

Therefore please understand my attention.

By the way, I would stop the website if it's still not working in this week.

So dear moderators, please guys understand my attention. I would love comments from you guys because you guys are webmasters and this community is for us to talk isn't it?

Thanks Laughing
Digital Thoth
I didn't really have a chance to review the website, but it sounds like everyone's more worried about you not getting into trouble for possibly violating several laws.

Maybe you should look into this more closely and be certain that all of their worrying is unfounded. Personally, if five people told me "Hey buddy, watch out!" I'mma duck a little and look around.

I guess, though, if you're certain that everything's going smoothly, then more power to you. I just wanted to ensure that you were indeed looking at ALL the comments, and not the ones that added content to your site.

Discussing a site is more than just saying "You should do this, or that..." It's also saying "What were you smoking when you came up with -that- idea..."
rafifaisal
oh man looks realy like a scam.
Also I think these fake or replica watches can be sold best from mouth to mouht advertisements instead over the internet.

Like said before, this has been the subject of spam mail and people will just not trust it.

Don't believe that you will get more than 2 customers a month via your site.

But still good luck. Try to make your site more professional and give it a clean look.
Don't put thousands of links with BUY BUY on one page.
Make one page to discribe the merchandise, one page to order and one page to describe your company or who you are.
Vrythramax
nappa wrote:
wow wow....slow down people. You get me wrong. I've never advertised this site or host it in frihost. I've been running more than 10 websites. Watchez4u is one of them,but it's not hosted here on frihost and also no advertisment about it in frihost nor links.

The reason I posted this is only to get comments. That's the very fact.

Therefore please understand my attention.

By the way, I would stop the website if it's still not working in this week.

So dear moderators, please guys understand my attention. I would love comments from you guys because you guys are webmasters and this community is for us to talk isn't it?

Thanks Laughing


Nobody was accusing anyone of wrong-doing, both blackheart's comment and mine were mearly looking out for YOUR best interests.
Related topics
Carl's Start-to-Finish Professional Website Tutorial
Browsers are showing the wrong website! Help Please
New website ideas. Mine and yours.
High Risk Website Blocked
Most original website contest
Do you use css to design a website?
Website Dont Work?
Website Templates
Illegal website and illegal downloads!
Security website
question?
Brett Tabke's website tutorial
Is it possible to upload music files to a website?
a photo for my website
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Webmaster and Internet -> Advertise Your Website

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.