FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

...any Riot Grrl lovers in the house?

blackheart
Relatively recently, I've discovered a little Transvision Vamp and Le Tigre though an older fascination with X-ray Spex and Bikini Kill (through an even older love for Joan Jett).

So;

I was wondering, does anyone know any groups or artists that might be worth checking out?
eggg
Well, I live in Olympia, but it's been a pretty dead style as long as I've been around the music scene. Bratmobile was still around when I just starting to go see music, and they were pretty fun.

You might like some older Gossip records (That's Not What I Heard is my favorite). They're not riot grrl really, but they were Oly's best band for a while, and they seem to have drawn some influences from that scene. They have more of a punk rock/southern blues sound, though.
blackheart
eggg wrote:
Well, I live in Olympia, but it's been a pretty dead style as long as I've been around the music scene. Bratmobile was still around when I just starting to go see music, and they were pretty fun.

You might like some older Gossip records (That's Not What I Heard is my favorite). They're not riot grrl really, but they were Oly's best band for a while, and they seem to have drawn some influences from that scene. They have more of a punk rock/southern blues sound, though.

I'm into just about anything, so similar and worth listening to is still what I'm looking for.

Thank-you very muchly, time to see if I can get my hands on some Bratmobile/gossip-signed music.