FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Counterstrike 1.6

ExplicitRyan
Yeh sure. Theres source. But it sucks.
Honestly just because source is new doesn't mean it's better Razz

1.6 will remain the best version ever.

Some tips are -
Don't play fun maps more than real maps if you plan on going into leagues such as CAL. Even OGL although it sucks..
Another thing is don't hack. I can't stress enough how much hacking makes you suck when you don't use hacks. Even if you just use them once for fun. It becomes addicting.
Practise on Dust2 a lot. And don't play hostage maps more than bomb maps. If anything play them teh same amount if your serious about playing in leagues.
Keep your crosshare centered, maybe a little up that way when you see someone you can either raise your mouse for headshot, or if they're crouched you can slightly lower for headshot.
Guns have recoil so if you hold your mouse down, you're not going to hit because recoil cocks your gun upwards. So hold your mouse down for 3-5 shoots, move to the side, take another 3-5 shots, move to teh side again. Always stay moving. You have less acuracy in the air and while moving so it takes lots of practise.
Practise using the pistols USP and Glock because they're faster and more acurate than Deagle. It also saves you a lot of money in scrims where money is very important.
Pubs and scrims are very different. In pubs you usually run around not caring who's going to hear you, if you're a good pubber you're not necessarily a good scrimmer, and vise-versa. Pubbers can take on large numbers of people then die. Scrimmers can take on a small group of people without getting hit. If you're going to play in a league do 1-2 scrims everyday. Serious clans do at least 5 a day.

-I haven't played CS in over 3 months and I have more advice but I'm kinda rusty right now and really have nothing else to say at the moment. I hope this helps anyone who plays CS 1.6 or even source..
mattchun
Fewer and fewer people play this game now.
wabik90
Yeah, CS is very good game. I play it a lot. We(me and my classmates) bought server, and now we play every day. We are a little bit addicted...
Thanks for tips Smile
ExplicitRyan
wabik90 wrote:
Yeah, CS is very good game. I play it a lot. We(me and my classmates) bought server, and now we play every day. We are a little bit addicted...
Thanks for tips Smile

No problem, how long have you been playing.
I used to host 2 servers on 2 of my 5 computers. Razz
Geminh
I've decided to play CS again, and I'm pretty surprised how many people still play this game. Of course it's not the same as it once was, but still a great amount of players. Really shows how much replay value this game really has. I've never been one of the good players in this game, which is pretty much why I'm turned off by it so easily. But CS is still one of the most successful online games in history.
EanofAthenasPrime
I really, really want to play this game but I need half-life first, which is rated M so my parents wont let me buy it.
ExplicitRyan
EanofAthenasPrime wrote:
I really, really want to play this game but I need half-life first, which is rated M so my parents wont let me buy it.

I may have a solution for you.
www.steampowered.com
You download that.
Steam is what you need to play counterstrike online you need an account with counterstriek registered to it. If you can find someone with an account and buy it from them then you can sign in and play.
liam
i find cs a tactical game which requires skill since you do not know what the enemies are thinking.

My favourite map is de _dust2
and i enjoy playing people over the internet
Esperanto
I hate de_dust2... it's so overplayed. Nuke is alright..... mansion is A LOT of fun though, always very varied in gameplay. I'm not so great at the game, however.... although too many people use hacks nowadays.
kimmen
i love allmost all maps in 1.6, the server i play on is Gizm0 wc3 server,
my nick namn is Flinki, i think to buy Counter strike Source
LukeakaDanish
Esperanto wrote:
mansion is A LOT of fun though, always very varied in gameplay.

Haha...how is T's camp up and wait for CT to run into their trap every round varied Shocked

dust_2 and cs_office are my favorite maps...also fy_simpsons, iceworld and scoutzknives are fun...

I like source though...I don't necessarily think its better than 1.6, but some parts of it are better - sure graphics don't matter that much, but its more fun to kill ragdols than silly inanimate models. Also I have a better feel for some weapons in source because i played it too much - including but not limited to ak and colt...
ExplicitRyan
kimmen wrote:
i love allmost all maps in 1.6, the server i play on is Gizm0 wc3 server,
my nick namn is Flinki, i think to buy Counter strike Source

CS:Source is only good for graphics, the gameplay sucks.
The way the guys walk - really handicapped. They look like they're retarded ^^.
The recoil - Non-realistic. Bullets go straight instead of a bit above, it makes no sense, it takes less skill than 1.6
LukeakaDanish
ExplicitRyan wrote:
The recoil - Non-realistic. Bullets go straight instead of a bit above, it makes no sense, it takes less skill than 1.6

As you can see from my above post, I dont think source is better than 1.6 HOWEVER

Gameplay is almost the same. Anyone who thinks different...hasn't played source for long enough to judge it. There are slight changes, and yea, spaying is better than it used to be because the hitboxes have bigger heads, so you get SLIGHTLY more headshots.

The CS1.6 models look funny too...infact if you run and jump they look hilarious...but I still like them. The new models are ok too - sure they look slightly silly at times...but I like em.

Dunno whether the recoil is realistic, however I expect valve modeled it on how real weapons work...so I'm sure its reasonably realistic.

Sure source is a bit easier atm...but its not so much the way the game is made, rather the amount of noobs who dont have a clue what they are doing - if you play "scrims" or just generally private games, there's nothing there to make it easier - if anything its harder seen as you die faster because of the larger hitboxes.
ExplicitRyan
LukeakaDanish wrote:
ExplicitRyan wrote:

As you can see from my above post, I dont think source is better than 1.6 HOWEVER

Gameplay is almost the same. Anyone who thinks different...hasn't played source for long enough to judge it. There are slight changes, and yea, spaying is better than it used to be because the hitboxes have bigger heads, so you get SLIGHTLY more headshots.

The CS1.6 models look funny too...infact if you run and jump they look hilarious...but I still like them. The new models are ok too - sure they look slightly silly at times...but I like em.

Dunno whether the recoil is realistic, however I expect valve modeled it on how real weapons work...so I'm sure its reasonably realistic.

Sure source is a bit easier atm...but its not so much the way the game is made, rather the amount of noobs who dont have a clue what they are doing - if you play "scrims" or just generally private games, there's nothing there to make it easier - if anything its harder seen as you die faster because of the larger hitboxes.

I wasn't talking to you but my followup on that

The recoil makes it so your gun doesn't cawk up after each shot like it should. You can spray with ease and get hits no problem.
Also you can look at it as its easier for you to get hit, but that also makes it easier to hit others Wink
LukeakaDanish
ExplicitRyan wrote:

I wasn't talking to you but my followup on that

The recoil makes it so your gun doesn't cawk up after each shot like it should. You can spray with ease and get hits no problem.
Also you can look at it as its easier for you to get hit, but that also makes it easier to hit others Wink

Yea I know you weren't...felt like answering you anyway Wink

Recoil: There IS recoil in source...in fact so much that you (just like 1.6) have to point to the floor when praying excessively - perhaps it is easier to spray in source, but if I take on someone at "full spray" I will still pwn them so it doesn't seem completely based on luck Smile

Colt with silencer is perhaps the only major recoil change...and yea that does have less recoil than it used to...however I don't think it detracts from the game...
liam
i like condition zero the campains are enjoyable
ExplicitRyan
liam wrote:
i like condition zero the campains are enjoyable

Yeh, they are.
Also online cz is best for scoutzknivez
exarkun
I have played cs 1.6 and cs:s. But cs1.6 is still the better one as it is simple to start with. dust and dust2 is my favorite map plus with a ak in hand I guess i can get a pretty high kill in the game.

To me, the winning chance increase only when your movement must be random. That is, you must appear where the enemy least expected you to be. You can shoot him a few times, then strafe and run away to find another guy. Normally people would expect you to reappear on the same side and would wait, which allows some time for you and your teammate to kill the others before aiming back to him.
liam
good tactics ill be sure to take them into account when i next play.
Osmodius
ExplicitRyan wrote:

You've never fired a real assault rifle. In real life, at close to medium range, you can fire on full automatic and hit your enemy with 90% of the rounds.

Counter-Strike's ridiculous clown-recoil is horribly exaggerated. After firing 10 rounds on full auto with the M4A1 your rifle is pointed at the sky. In reality, with any variant of the M16 or M4, firing full auto is an effective way to kill. Efficient? Hell no, but you will kill your target.

CS 1.6 is full of these unrealistic features, like the radar system where you can see the exact locations of friendlies. I understand these are gameplay features the developers thought were necessary to make a game work--like in the movies when you see someone fire 30 rounds from a pistol without reloading--but don't try to call Counter-Strike tactical or realistic. Yeah, there are some tactics, and some physics and models vaguely represent reality. Doesn't mean the game is anything like real life counter-terrorism.

Counter-Strike source improved the clown-recoil somewhat--but it's still ridiculous. If you want an idea of how real tactics and recoil work, check out Hostile Intent: Phoenix Rising when it's released. Red Orchestra is also praised for realism, but I haven't played it, so I can only speculate.

You'll probably try to argue with me about the recoil, so I suggest you watch the beginning of this video to see how low the recoil of typical assault rifles is (to see an AK-47 firing on full auto, skip to around 3:50. That can clearly be used at the close ranges simulated in CS maps). By the way, the M4's recoil is slightly more than the M16's, but it is marginal, especially in CQB situations like players face in most CS maps.
Tuxy
I prefer Source anyways, physics rule
EanofAthenasPrime
Have any of you played TrueCombat Elite?
Revvion
Played it long ago but for many reasons i stopped, new games, steam etc etc. it just got boring for some reason.
Hemen
1.6 is a good game yes Smile
I play it often Razz
Peterssidan
I only have CS source but it's coz it was included with HL2. I agree that CS 1.6 is still the best version. I have played it at friends and the game play is better in 1.6. more fun than source.
wexaz
Perfect game for action player Wink da best A++ Wink
zona-cs
y love cs i made a web pae with cs1.6 download not source and some cheats XD