You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

summer job

I'm a computer science student who just finished his freshman year of college, and for the summer I would like to earn some money making websites. I have been making sites for over 4 years now. I've never made sites for anyone, so I've never been paid for it. Everything I've done has either been for me or just for fun. I have very good knowledge of CSS XHTML PHP and MySQL. Now I would really like to do this for the summer, and I know that you can make a good amount of money with this kind of job. Of course, I would charge less for being "new." My problem is that I don't know how to get my name out there. I don't know how to advertise this within my city. I was wondering if people could help find ideas of how to get started with this small independent summer job. If you have any questions about something I didn't mention, I'd be glad to answer. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks in advanced.
The World is Yours
Try checking local organizations. Look online and see if you can find any in your zip code. Look at their site if it looks all amatuer and sloppy, send them an email letting them know what you can do for them, and about what it would cost them. As working free-lance you have to convince them that your services will help them look more professional and why generate revenue. In other words you have to convince them that they need you to do it and they wouldn't get as good quality anywhere else, for as cheap.
yeah, I guess I'll have to be very persuasive.
The best way is to go in small retails or artistic shop, restaurant which don't have website and ask them if they want you to do their website. It's working if you have some websites online to show them what you can do.
i think as a student we should do summer job ,we can learn more important things from it