FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

php-mysql source code

rumela
1) What is the source code for designing an interface for searching a string in php-mysql at the client end similar to the search option in mobile phone I know that the onkeypress option is there . But as php is is a server side scripting language so what is the source code for viewing the changes in the client end after fetching information from the MySQL database?

2) Please help me to write a source code In php-mysql such that wharever is typed in one text box is simultaneously displayed in another text box as the typing proceeds?

3)I cannot convert the inputs from MS-Excel to MySQL.
kv
1) I don't understand what you want to do exactly. You don't write any client side code in php-mysql since php is server side. You can output the data on the server side, which will be sent to your http client. If you are talking about handling events on click of a link or button, that is html and javascript, not php.

2) You need to write javascript for doing this. You cannot use php since it is a server side script.

3) Get odbc driver for mysql. Then you can either
a) write a VB macro to push your excel data into mysql by connecting through odbc

or

b) use access to connect to both excel (using excel odbc driver) and mysql (using mysql odbc driver) and transfer the data from one to other.
manum
i dont get wat u want but i guess u want to know bout AJAX but then its complete unrelated to php....k see suggest.google.com and tell me r u lookin 4 some thin like tht and then we can talk more bout it....
powers1983
3.) http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-72464.html

You can export your table in a tab delimited format and MySQL will do the rest.

The other option is to create a formula as suggested in the link and then copy and paste the formula into a script or phpMyAdmin.

As for 1 and 2 as already mentioned PHP cannot do anything client side - that needs javascript or a similar client side language. Both seem to be fairly straight forward and I'd suggest reposting in the Javascript forum.

Hope that helps.

David.