FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Modem problem

akshar
I am having Smart Link modem.Its not working.When i dial ,there is no dial tone.I tried to run modem helper utility.It scans and tests modem.It shows error in card test,rest all ok.
I opened modem ,thought it may be moisture problem.I again tried connecting.This time it dials,but gets stuck at verification phase always.
Then i changed the slot,but the same problem appears.Is it the problem of my modem or service provider?.Any one has faced such problem?
panic15
In your situation I would contact your internet provider and/or call customer support. They should talk you through how to fix it.
djclue917
Uhm, maybe you are using the wrong username/password combination? Just a hunch. But I think if that's really the case, then the dialer should error out something like "Username and/or password is wrong" right? Well, anyway, at any rate, there might be some problems regarding your phone line. A noisy line I think. Or maybe it's just like what you said... Hardware problem, i.e., modem.
Bones
Sounds like the modem is the probable culprit, but is there any way you could borrow a modem from a friend for a couple of hours? Install it in your pc and try to connect again. This should tell you for sure.

Also have you tried reinstalling the driver for the modem? I don't have a lot of faith in a driver reinstall fixing the issue, but at this point it's worth a shot.
angka
I try to solve your problem
1. Try to check your phone line first, is there any dialtone? You can check using ordinary phone.
2. Before this problem appear is there any storm in your neighbourhood
3. If there is than your modem is probably hit by the storm. It is common in my neighbourhood
4. You can repair it by yourself or by the service person or just throw it Up!