FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Fantastic Four - Rise of the Silver Surfer

Rate yourself for FF - Rise of the Silver Surfer
3.1 to 4
9%
 9%  [ 1 ]
4.1 to 5
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
5.1 to 6
9%
 9%  [ 1 ]
6.1 to 7
18%
 18%  [ 2 ]
7.1 to 8
9%
 9%  [ 1 ]
8.1 to 9
18%
 18%  [ 2 ]
9.1 to 10
36%
 36%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 11

tempdbs
Fantastic Four - Rise of the Silver Surfer

Great movie after Spider Man - III and Pirates of the Caribbean - At World's End to watch in this Summer.

I saw this movie a few hours back and I was Very much disappointed. The reason for this was that the first half of the movie was totally a love story. It was all about Jessica Alba and whats his face getting married. After that movie slowly picks up.

Some Pretty things to Say -
    visual effects are pretty awesome but not that much of Spider Man - III
    Silver Surfer - An outstanding character for the total movie.
    Jessica Alba - Partially naked in this one.

Finally I rate for this movie as 6.1

Rate yourself for FF - Rise of the Silver Surfer
anonymous21
I liked that movie pretty much... I agree with you, tempdbs, Spiderman's visual effects are very great. The Fantastic Four: Rise of the silver surfer is also good... for me.

I rated it 9.1-10 ^_^
tempdbs
anonymous21 wrote:
I liked that movie pretty much... I agree with you, tempdbs, Spiderman's visual effects are very great. The Fantastic Four: Rise of the silver surfer is also good... for me.

I rated it 9.1-10 ^_^

A little bit boring in first half but recovered soon in second half with pretty action scenes...

I Love Silver Surfer action scenes in the entire movie.
twisthigh
I haven't seen it yet, but I rate it a 10 because it's talked about a lot, the cast is amazing and the first movie was really good. I hope to go see it soon.
McDucque
I also haven't seen it yet, but due to some of the clips I've seen, (especially one with the silver surfer and small army in this valley area... it was the first shots I saw of him and action and they really did make him as badass as he is supposed to be)

Ill say 8 because I didnt like the first all that much.
gh0stface
This movie was actually pretty bad. This movie pales compared to the first one. The second one just didn't have the charm that the first one had.

The special effects was pretty good. The Silver Surfer looked sweet on screen. The story line was slow moving and I got bored along the lines waiting for it to speed up.

In my opinion, I didn't like how they toned down Silver Surfers strength and how how his board provided most of his power. In the Marvel Universe, he is one of the strongest characters alive with or without the board.

I'd probably rank this movie a low 4/10.

On a side note, Jessica Alba looks hot.
tempdbs
McDucque wrote:
I also haven't seen it yet, but due to some of the clips I've seen, (especially one with the silver surfer and small army in this valley area... it was the first shots I saw of him and action and they really did make him as badass as he is supposed to be)
Ill say 8 because I didnt like the first all that much.

gh0stface wrote:
This movie was actually pretty bad. This movie pales compared to the first one. The second one just didn't have the charm that the first one had.

The special effects was pretty good. The Silver Surfer looked sweet on screen. The story line was slow moving and I got bored along the lines waiting for it to speed up.

In my opinion, I didn't like how they toned down Silver Surfers strength and how how his board provided most of his power. In the Marvel Universe, he is one of the strongest characters alive with or without the board.

I'd probably rank this movie a low 4/10.

On a side note, Jessica Alba looks hot.

Hi,
Provide your Ranking in poll also; so that it can be reviewed by one and all.
Scaramanga
tempdbs wrote:

Why do people consistently use visual effects as some kind of benchmark for films these days? Visual effects DO NOT make a film good. I'm tired of people latching to this aspect like it's the second coming. Story, acting and direction (and to a degree cinematography) are what make a film great, not "mind-blowing" visuals.
blk3
Scaramanga wrote:
tempdbs wrote:

Why do people consistently use visual effects as some kind of benchmark for films these days? Visual effects DO NOT make a film good. I'm tired of people latching to this aspect like it's the second coming. Story, acting and direction (and to a degree cinematography) are what make a film great, not "mind-blowing" visuals.

Youre absolutely right, these days it seems that all movies are about special effects, with the story and acting taking a backseat. I just hope that people realize that effects doesnt make the movie, it just adds to it. I'd rather have a movie with few special effects, than a fully loaded one that way I appeciate the effects more because its a very rare scene.
bluefossil
I thought the movie was ok. I didn't mind it too much. the Surfer effects were pretty cool. Wish they showed more of Galactus.

And No matter what the director says, it is not true to the comic.

the little teaser they show at the end of the movie was ok. but Some stupid idiots stopped right in front of me when it came on.
tempdbs
bluefossil wrote:
. I didn't mind it too much. the Surfer effects were pretty cool. Wish they showed more of Galactus.

Yeah... You are 100% correct.
More people attracted for silver surfer itself.
And hotty Jessica Alba in some scenes....

Remaining movie was quite boring... Embarassed
sonicj
I give it a 9.1 out of partiality to having read the comics as a kid. My only problem with most of these movies is they don't stay true to the original storyline. As far as being boring, I disagree. Galactus was not even shown, just a large cloud looking entity. Maybe they are saving him for when Silver Surfer gets a movie.
tempdbs
sonicj wrote:
My only problem with most of these movies is they don't stay true to the original storyline.

Hey Sonic,

In what means, the Original story line is avialable? Can you please specify? Either a book or any other form...!

Please specify...! I thought that it was just it is from the Wirter's pen....@!
sonicj
tempdbs:
The original was a marvel comic. You can go here and look for silver surfer. It is a digital version of the comic.

You can also read some here at wikipedia about the Silver Surfer.
Revvion
I found it really really bad, i mean the story was lame, galactus was more like a puff off smoke killing the entire point of the silver surfer being less powerfull then him in the comics. I mean do you really think that a galactus would give enough power to his herald to destroy him? Also the touch and take power thing of the torch was just lame.
tempdbs
sonicj wrote:
tempdbs:
The original was a marvel comic. You can go here and look for silver surfer. It is a digital version of the comic.

You can also read some here at wikipedia about the Silver Surfer.

sonic: I am very thankful to you man..!
You guided me to a lot of comics...

Very nice
Insanity
I think it was overall a good movie. The storyline was alright, and the humor spiced it up a bit.
vitorpacheco
8.1 - 9
It's a great movie, but could be better!
miquelx
its a great movjie but i prefer the first one...
i always like the first ones because i never know wat they are going to be ...
urbanbuddha
Where's my galactus? Crying or Very sad
lethaltriad
Anytime I watch a fantastic four movie I feel a lil dissappointed and empty after watching it like there could be more. I like them dont get me wrong becuase the graphics are really good.. just dont feel complete after watching it. I would give the second one.. Rise of the Silver Surfer about a 7. I'll still watch it for jesssica though =)