FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

php enabled server with mail server

yo.hassan
i've tried many server software like WAMP, UNISERVER, REACTOR for testing my wordpress site in my local machine. they all are okay and served the purpose. now i need another server that has built in mail server too. do anyone knows if theres any server exist? i am stuck with a mail plugin badly and a mail server can do the work for me. thanks for any help..
ironsun
Have you tried XAMPP?

I recently installed it and it's working fine. It's got Mercury Mail. Not sure if it will help you.

I installed it according to their instructions which are simple but my php forms don't seem to work- nothing to do with mail. Everything else works though.
qscomputing
Mailserver and webserver are two different things.

When you say mailserver, do you mean POP3 (receiving mail) or SMTP. If you mean SMTP, PHP's mail() function doesn't need a local SMTP server IIRC; it will just connect to the appropriate external SMTP server to forward the mail.
yo.hassan
@ ironsun. not tried it but i guess i'd now. @ qscomputing my cms would retrieve data from a mail box. so i need a mail account running in local host. in easy words.. i am running my web server in my machine. my site would check for new mail regularly for new content.. so i need a mail server that would let me create n manage a account in machine. so the cms can connect n process. hope i'm clear
aningbo
try miniportal. its not free but the best one out there...