FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Increase Signature Characters For Frih$

How Would You Rate This Idea?
Perfect! 10
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Great! 8-9
11%
 11%  [ 1 ]
Good. 6-7
11%
 11%  [ 1 ]
Okay I Guess. 5
33%
 33%  [ 3 ]
I don't like it. 3-4
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Bad. (please explain) 1-2
22%
 22%  [ 2 ]
Horrible. (Please explain) 0
11%
 11%  [ 1 ]
Put Changes in and it may be good. (Please explain)
11%
 11%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 9

Ratmaster
How about something, where you can exchange Frih$ for a larger signature space by like maybe 25-50 characters. The signature still would not be allowed to have a lot of space taken up, but for links, descriptions, small images, etc.

The price could be around maybe 600-2000 frih$ and there could be only a limit to 1 increase in space. If an increase is bought and the signature is repeatedly being made too long, with warnings each time, the user would lose the increase in signature space or if the user puts something in the signature that violates the TOS, it could be cut also, or the user could have signature privileges taken away all together.

I'll update this post when necessary...
m-productions
its an ok guess i guess, i mean... i dont really have that big of a sig, and i dont want to see tons of people with massive sigs.. but still at 600- 1000 frih it isnt that bad of an idea.
Azmo
If you go with text links only, you shouldnt even need this, just use the random link script or something. I see this as something fun for those who actually fil their signature all the way, but not something useful.. sorry.
ninjakannon
'Shop' ideas where forum members can buy items / account changes (for example, extra signature space, custom rank images etc) have been suggested countless times and the answer has, to my knowledge, always been the same.

Bondings wrote:
And yes, you will also be able to spend it on other things on your account page. But I first have to code a lot of other things, so that one doesn't have a high priority. It will probably be for next year, I guess.

Bondings is here referring to FRIH$, and ways to spend them. Apparently, he plans to develop a system whereby people can make similar purchases to your suggestion for FRIH$.

Also please note:
Things that you MUST not SUGGEST wrote:
12) A shop to sell more Bandwidth or Space using FRIH$

This is not aimed at you but my first paragraph ("account changes") could be misinterpreted to encompass this too, which it does not.
hack_man_
Perhaps, to make this idea more relevant...

Why not just set up the sig box to not count text inside [ u r l ] and [ i m g ] tags as part of the character count, because it is links to image hosts and sites that add up quickly and throw your count out over the top.
reddishblue
Sorry, but shop ideas are never done, and anyway, the restriction is out of respect for other users, I don't want to see sigs as long as posts and nobody else does either, and no amount of Frih is going to change my mind. Unless you give it to me of course. You got my vote then. Twisted Evil
ninjakannon
reddishblue wrote:
... and no amount of Frih is going to change my mind. Unless you give it to me of course. You got my vote then. Twisted Evil

Ahh, we've hit a problem then. Because I'd only agree under the same terms... So we're a bit stumped there... Unless the FRIH$ multiply by 2!! Cool

Hmm... Or perhaps not.

reddishblue is right; emphasising this is the fact that the complete opposite of this idea has been suggested before. People would happily pay FRIH$ to hide signatures, rather than extend them. However, I believe Bondings did say that he will be adding this option as standard in the future - or he hopes to. But don't count on that being definite.
Ratmaster
Yeah, I'm starting to think this idea was dumb, because of so many people who would break the rules...
babumuchhala
NO NO NOWAY!

I have fought very hard to get the signature size down and it was a big task for the frihost community to get him convinced to code where I have the option of not viewing any signatures at all.

Plus what will you do with more space, the current limit as it is, is very liberal and more than enough.

Maybe a bummer of idea, but lets get rid of IMG & URL tags from signatures. It will make us all creative at our signatures and the forum load times will also improve
Ratmaster
babumuchhala wrote:

Maybe a bummer of idea, but lets get rid of IMG & URL tags from signatures. It will make us all creative at our signatures and the forum load times will also improve

What about the stuff in your signature? They consist of both [URL] and [IMG] tags...
ninjakannon
Ratmaster wrote:
babumuchhala wrote:

What about the stuff in your signature? They consist of both [URL] and [IMG] tags...

I think he knows that.

I believe that the fact that he is using them already only emphasises his point. Although he currently uses these tags he is willing to give up use of them.

Personally, I don't like the idea as I like the freedom of having links and images in my signature, and it provides a good way for me to check the server status when the server is down (because of the image in mine currently). I just find one of my posts. Razz
I don't mind others using images and links in their signatures either; I'm not too bothered about the extra second or less spent on page loading. However, having the option to turn off signatures is not a bad idea as everyone can be happy then. Razz
Vrythramax
I think this matter has been discussed and solved.

-closed-