FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Love or Money?

McDucque
I think this should possibly belong in relationships... but neh, not really?

Anyway, I was having some thoughts here as I was sitting around browsing the forums. I'm a couple weeks single after being dumped, and a couple months jobless after getting laid off.

It brought up an odd thing in my mind: "Would I rather be satisfied when it came to my finances, or satisfied when it came to being in a solid relationship"

The need for money to make ends meet and the need for comraderie to feel fufilled, It would be an honestly tough to decision.

Its kind of old hat, but who cares.

Sack of money or the perfect mate?
rheanna
Money..No point in a relationship if all they want is sex.. Heck, just charge them.........I''m about ready too. lol Might as well get something out of it, if their going to be jerks anyway.
missdixy
Why can't I have both?
I think it's stupid to always ask "Love or Money" when one can very realistically have both at once.
UnikeViruz
...I agree with ya on this one. It's a touch decision....But I lean more towards money just because of some of the relationships I have had in the past. Can I have both ? lol
m-productions
This is actually kind of hard to decied. to me, if im with someone i truly like, I always feel better, and dont feel stressed at all, so having someone I love around me seems to me that Id be fine... however, usually if you have loads of money... you dont really have much to stress about, and without money, you cant really do anything... so thats a hard one really.
Idoru
Both, ofcourse. Very Happy
But then again, to get the topic going and follow the question, I'd say love any day
of the week. Or... mabye not friday-nights Laughing

With the need for love satisfied, there aren't any other needs. With the risk of
sounding stupidly romantic, I suggest the need for money is far more shallow
and therefore not 'in the same leauge'.
Then again, if we put it in let's say Maslows step of needs, the primary, to eat and sleep,
kind of demands money... On the other hand, there's always dumpsters. Wink
PatTheGreat42
Eh, I'd pick love over money.

'Course, my personal dream is to be lost in the woods naked and have to catch rabbits and other furry woodland creatures to survive, so maybe I'm not predisposed towards wanting money.

Plus I think a lover's arms are far more comfortable than a giant bed of money. Admittedly, not by much :P but still a bit.
darrenpaul
Perfect Mate! Whats the point in having bundles of money if your unhappy?
Jack_Hammer
rheanna wrote:
Money..No point in a relationship if all they want is sex.. Heck, just charge them.........I''m about ready too. lol Might as well get something out of it, if their going to be jerks anyway.

There is a difference between love and sex.
Wink

Though I would much prefer love. What is the point of money, love would make me more happy than money ever could.
Rolling Eyes

missdixy wrote:
Why can't I have both?
I think it's stupid to always ask "Love or Money" when one can very realistically have both at once.

Because it is a theoretical question?!
molif
money. you could have love with it too...
m-productions
molif wrote:

then that would involve both, its one or the other. thats kinda like cheating.
mixka
I answer: Both. Whitout love and money is no life.
Vrythramax
Moved to Relationships...and I am certainly keeping my opinions to myself on this particular topic. Smile
apple
I'd say money, cause no matter how much love you got in a relationship, it's not gonna get the bills paid and bring food to the table.

I think with money someone can pay bills and have life better organized and this be in a better frame of mind to consider and embrace and live, love.
blackheart
I'm going with Jack_Hammer.

To me love offers you something that trancends financial security.

I would much prefer stressing over unpaid bills, than coming home to nothing but a glass of red every night... I'd even be happy living in a tent with nothing but home-grown food, if there was no other way to have that someone that loved me.
SyncM
Often you want both but love is stronger then money. My girl has supportme true workless with out here i never had gone so far that i am today. So a good relationship is inportend
ktak1
I think this question completely depends on the man (or woman) and the situation that person is in.

If a person cannot support themselves because that person either has no income or is not independently wealthy, this would create a dependency on the other person. It may not be an initial problem, but would probably create tension as time went by.

But I think a person should always pursue both... but with a twist. A person should not pursue money, but success. People who pursue success on an individual level will generally succeed on many levels, including financial. The desire to help people may influence a person to become a doctor. Doctor's make good money. The desire to help clean our ecology may influence a person to become an environmental scientist. Scientist's make good money.

Also, women gravitate towards successful people, making the possibility of finding love greater. AND you'll have some money in your pocket to spend on the pursuit of love as well.
mawfia
I don't think it is possible to seperate the two for most people. Being with some makes you feel good in general but not generating enough income makes you feel bad about yourself. And of course if you are stuggling income wise it would be really difficult to even support a relationship much less your self!
blackheart
ktak1 wrote:

Also, women gravitate towards successful people, making the possibility of finding love greater.

Ah, but not all success can be measured in dollars. If I had to choose between a socially and emotionally successful man, and a financially successful man, I wouldn't jump for the latter.

In fact, the happiest coupel I've ever met have six kids, literally only making enough money to scrape by. But they never stress because of just that... they've got just enough money, and more than enough love.

I meant it when I said I'd live in a tent if it were the only way to secure love.
Vrythramax
blackheart wrote:

Ah, but not all success can be measured in dollars. If I had to choose between a socially and emotionally successful man, and a financially successful man, I wouldn't jump for the latter.

In fact, the happiest coupel I've ever met have six kids, literally only making enough money to scrape by. But they never stress because of just that... they've got just enough money, and more than enough love.

I meant it when I said I'd live in a tent if it were the only way to secure love.

Your a hopeless romantic blackheart...I mean that in a good way. Smile

I have not met many women that would take on a life that didn't even include proper toilet facilities for love.

Very Cool Cool
evilryu530
moey is huge, u need money period. without money u have shit. the older u get the more u need...see the thing is women want money, they don't say it, btu they want an alpha male that has money to take care of them they want to feel secure. u dotn havemoey u dont have a girl...u need money. money is 51% love is 49%. remember that.
blackheart
@ Vythramax

I'd avoid the situation where possible, but if the choice were black and white I don't know how you could live without love.

@ evilryu530

You do realise girls don't actually work like that, yeah? I mean, some do, but never the type that actually love someone, just the type who are only after money.
melissareich
Well... a solid relationship with a person that has a lot of money! Laughing

Butttt, of course, things don't always go that way. It depends, I'd have to say that much. I mean, if the person was "love" at first sight sort of thing--never let them go... of course a solid relationship would suit me. But when it comes right down to it... money can possibly last less, but more enjoyable... at least for a girl I think. It really depends, right?
molif
m-productions wrote:
molif wrote:

then that would involve both, its one or the other. thats kinda like cheating.

true. when with money, comes love. but most relationships seem to work that way, for some reason. wish there was true love around though.
bartdou
first, two people feel happy from within when being together, this is enough, i don't know can this be called LOVE.
money is second important, no first no second
Da Rossa
This question is simple.

- You can be happy only with money.
- You can be happy only with a decent woman.
- But you can't be COMPLETELY happy without either of them.
- However, you may feel satisfied with either. However you still wouldn't be completely happy.
viraj
Money & Love?

Always a issue. I dont know why ppl feel Money takes away Love. People have one basic problem that is they dont share with their partners. If they share their thoughts I dont think anything can be a problem with love.

From my own experience I can say that only sex is not part of love, there are may things other that sex you need a partner for. They only thing that can make relationships strong are trust and sharing. If you do both I think you will earn smthing percious than money...

Viraj
sonicsight
i will go with love, because if i was involved in money SO MUCH, i would definitely leave my family, but ifi wasnt interested in money, and loving my family, then i have a godo manner of a choise i have picked. but to assrue you, money isnt worth everything, if you show respect, and you know you can get money at the same time you giving out love to your family, thats a 2nd way of love
tinilam
I choise money Very Happy.
mawfia
Since I have never really had both I would go with love. And if it were possible I would try to have money then follow it up with love. Actually I think that is the way most people plan out their lives by pursuing a career then hoping love will come after a certain milestone of success.
Da Rossa
mawfia wrote:
Since I have never really had both I would go with love. And if it were possible I would try to have money then follow it up with love. Actually I think that is the way most people plan out their lives by pursuing a career then hoping love will come after a certain milestone of success.

Most people do. But many find their loves before it. They're the fortunate ones.
agustin
Both.
LeatherRose
i would have to say i would rather have love.
and i have had no money and in a solid relationship
and now i have money and a solid relationship(with the same person).
it all depends on whether you two truley love eachother enough to stick through the bad time and work together as a team to get through it..even if the problem has nothing to do with you..if you truley love them..you will stick by them and help..(and vise versa)
then eventually..things will look up and you will be financially happy and emotionally happy..

but life is a rollercoaster..
"to have and to hold, to love and to cherish, for richer and for poorer, in sickness and in health, till death do us part"
that is what a relationship is about..obviously..
if you love the person but don't have this..then why bother? it won't last...
that is when you choose money..
bropet12
missdixy wrote:
Why can't I have both?
Girl!You are the bomb>Asit is that boys want something you have to get some thing!But i think it makes you a Bi***
A_Jess_Dress
I get what the question is asking and how much your beliefs are apparent in the way that you answer....but I am floored by the polarity of ideas. It seems that most people who replied were firmly convinced of only one way to think about it.

Personally I would choose love over money any day. But I know that I can't marry only for love. I did that ten years ago and was shocked with his request for a divorce right after we moved to his first job. Its funny - it was his first job. I thought finally we would not have to struggle and I could let up and just be a mom and wife...but...

In my current struggle to get back on my feet, I cry about losing my friend and lover- never about my mounting bills.
indianinworld
Ofcourse, you require both. But what is more important is What satisfies you most....

With a good mate, you can earn money brother.....

If you have more money - But you don't have a Perfect relationship - Things are Difficult - Difficult - and more difficult.

More than half of the men are suffering from this. There is no proper diagnosis for this, Unless and otherwise - you change your selves. There are some people - though they are not rich or they dont have money, you will find them happy and smiling always. Smile

And this doesnot mean that if you select a perfect relationship, you will get money and you will be happy in your life. As a matter of fact, one need to work hard for that Laughing
indianinworld
A_Jess_Dress wrote:

Personally I would choose love over money any day. But I know that I can't marry only for love. I did that ten years ago and was shocked with his request for a divorce right after we moved to his first job. Its funny - it was his first job.

If this is the case, then it is not love Sad
rheanna
World is about money not love or you can't survive....But, keep dreaming if you think you can make it on love. Truth hurts... I know
mike_phi
I would definately choose love if I where at a poit I where to choose, as I have been in situations where I have had abundance of both love and money at diffrent time frames and love deffinately makes me feel really happy, I must admit ideally I prefer to have both Wink
iamarun
Relationships will always overcome the money. I think there are many ways you can earn money or have money.

But can be earned only with relationship either good relationship or bad relationship.
You can have a good relationship (good work or success) in your company and get paid as bonus.
You can have bad relationship with any one, example you can beat up any one or kill some one to grab their money.

When we have money we cannot really enjoy if we dont have people to spend the money with.
We can never spend the money for ourselves and be happy, we always need a partner or a friend to share with us.

Some can say i spend money just for myself and i am happy with it, if this is right there is no place the word Isolation or isolate.

My point here is The greatest happiness is only from relationship.
molif
money can be earned and gotten easily... but love can't.
Flarkis
IMHO...

I would rather be dirt poor and be in love then have money.

Money can't fill a gap in someones life.
bluefossil
A sack of money can get you many mates....
supjapscrapper
one can really have both, I mean if you're having money and looking to be happy with a girl then you'll find wyas to get your money....But if you don't have any well, you still can find yourself a loving gorl and be happy. I mean love always and money just enough Very Happy
cpebatch2007_CIT
for me both, there should be love and money... without this things , life would be miserable...
agustin
Love. I like money but know as much I love love! you know what I mean? Its simple as that. Love and peace!
tijn01
Love without a doubt. Money can't buy you love....
Mannix
I would have to say

Good financial management

If you can't manage your money, you're in trouble anyways. You will not be able to be a good dad, because you won't be able to provide. Likewise, your partner should manage money similarly.

Love is important, but marriage and raising kids is about committment. Definitely don't want to start something that intimate with someone you don't love though.

Get your butt in order dude. If you start tearing girls down in the stead of building up, and more-or-less caring for your real girl... Shame on you.
ssthanapati
Both!! And no compromise in that.

How about getting urself a rich gf or bf? Twisted Evil
russel26
love is a important... Shocked
kacol
Smile Moneyis everything include love
whitehole
Both + health and a purpose in life

no money = desperate

no love = lonely

no health = miserable

no purpose = bored and unfulfilled

get all and enjoy life I say! Dancing
divya
Love. Definetely.

If it's love, as love should be - you'll be the richest person on the world - and definetely the happiest.

And when you're happy, you'll make money...

Sounds weird isn't it, but it's true...

When you're happy, you approach everything around with a positive energy and you just can't not make money then...
the money will just come in...

It's true!

So, yes, love...
ajm71
Just look at my signature
asim
rheanna wrote:

Hi gal,

this is really gr8. you seem to having my kind of mind.. i have two girls one for love.... one for money and sex... i mean she pays me.... and i love... jus give her a shot.... n she fills my pockets.
Da Rossa
Believe me: in the end only love matters. There is no financial difficulty that can break that feeling, provided that it's solid.
bluefossil
everything is easier with money. If you have the "perfect" mate and is broke, the perfectness can easily be broken. majority of the divorce is because of financial problems.
xAntoIn3x
Money, money, money....I'm all about my cake, so im gonna try to marry Betty Crocker.lol
mimsxmassacre
I'd marry for true honest unconditional Love of course......cause generally MONEY is gonna be the root of all other disasters and evil in most divorce and break-up situations statistically anyways.
Surely good financial responsibility needs to be incurred between two rational level headed people honestly.......but don't let disagreements about money be the significant reason for creating bad feelings with one another alternatively.....how shallow that would be really!!!
mimsxmassacre
You always have to have an attraction to someone, whether it's physical or emotional. If the attraction isn't there, then the chemistry isn't there. I personally think that dating someone for their money would be ridiculous...even if they were drop dead gorgeous. Personality is what matters.

I'd marry for true honest unconditional Love of course......cause generally MONEY is gonna be the root of all other disasters and evil in most divorce and break-up situations statistically anyways.
Surely good financial responsibility needs to be incurred between two rational level headed people honestly.......but don't let disagreements about money be the significant reason for creating bad feelings with one another alternatively.....how shallow that would be really!!!