FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Prince Edward Island, Canada

diggitydawg
Hi all.

I live in Prince Edward Island, we're a very small part of eastern canada. We have very few big attractions around my location in Charlottetown, but we do get quite a few tourists in the summertime, alot of Chinese who enjoy some of our cultural attractions, "Anne of Green Gables" is a big hit. Though I personally just think she's a hidious redhead. We're a very small cozy island but far from perfect of course.

Has anyone ever been here to visit? Any experiences? Bad or good...
runereference
i havent ever been to Prince Edward Island but my dad was there for about a month.
He was there for a curling tournament and i cant remember but i think they won. Anyway like everyone else of course he went to see anne of green gables and took lots of photos. He also said the confederate bridge was amazing!!! Do you happen to know how long it really is?? So overall he thought it was an amazing place compared to BC.
crdowner
I have not made it to PEI yet but I have visited Nova Scotia several times. We really enjoyed our trips there along the coasts and our inland journeys too. We have talked about visiting PEI. We do not go on vacations just for major attractions. We go for a change from the day to day pace. Tranquil places like Nova Scotia are great. I suspect PEI is somewhat similar.
la_Duchess
PEI, Prince Edward Island is Canada's smallest and greenest province. Cradled on the waves of the Gulf of St. Lawrence, the Island is known for the vivid colours of its gently rolling landscape. Prince Edward Island is surrounded by miles of sandy beaches and red sandstone cliffs and is sized just right for touring.

I've always wanted to visit this island. One day in the future I will.
gandalfthegrey
I want to move to Prince Edward Island!!! Red sands, the sea breeze, island hospitality, etc, etc...
Dean_The_Great
I have heard the most amazing things about PEI, as I've had a few friends work out there at the Charlottetown Festival. I'd love to visit there someday.